Jaquomo 21-Oct-19
Glunt@work 21-Oct-19
Adam B 21-Oct-19
1boonr 21-Oct-19
Franklin 21-Oct-19
21-Oct-19

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Rocky Mountain Labs here in western Montana recently completed the first study of its kind to determine the effectiveness of sterilizing knives and saws against CWD Prions. A 40% bleach solution soak for 5 minutes will kill surface prions. However, tissue prions are unbelievably tough. They tested infected pieces of brain tissue and soaked them in 100% bleach solution for 30 minutes and it didn't stop Prion activity.

I didn't realize how tough the Prions are. The problem is the bleach doesn't penetrate the tissue apparently.

21-Oct-19
So we need to spray the entire deer habitat with bleach. Sounds like a great plan

21-Oct-19
There is concern with the processing of wild game in commercial food processing facilities. Liability?

21-Oct-19
One local butcher featured in Montana Outdoors could potentially double his profits as he said he'd charge double to process individually instead of "batch" processing. But, the liability risk could run anyone out of business.

21-Oct-19
Ya, not a good situation.

21-Oct-19
The biggest threat to humans from CWD is getting in a wreck with a texting/drunk driver while driving to or from the testing facility.

21-Oct-19
So far there is no evidence that processing or eating CWD carrying critters poses a health risk to humans.

21-Oct-19
Not even on my radar lol

21-Oct-19
Rough county- I would prefer to pay double and get my own clean meat back rather then some killed by some idiot that doesn’t know how to field dress without popping the guts

21-Oct-19
Hold on a minute.....wasn`t there a thread awhile ago where the butchers claimed there was no such thing as "batch processing"...lol

Bleach is one of the greatest inventions in history....from CWD to addict`s syringes.

• Sitka Gear