Contributors to this thread:
Longbowelk 23-Oct-19
Scar Finga 23-Oct-19
Kodiak 23-Oct-19
Scar Finga 23-Oct-19
midwest 23-Oct-19
Scar Finga 23-Oct-19
23-Oct-19
I have been hunting with a recurve or longbow the last 15 years. Due to old age and shoulder neck problems I was looking into this Oneida Phoenix. From what I see it is about the same as shooting a recurve. I was wondering at what point does the draw go into the 60% off or whatever it is? I plan on trying one first if I can then if proceeding would go with the 30/50 pound. I have killed a bull and a cow with my recurve at 46 and 47 pounds so I think this even at 45 will be sufficient. I plan on using my 35/55 Goldtip trads with a 125 Grizzly 2 blade. Any tips or information appreciated.

23-Oct-19
I just bought one and got it last week and I absolutely love it!!

I dealt directly with Oneida on mine! mine is a bit custom 40-60lb. 28.5" D.L. They set it all up and I had within a week of ordering it! I am shooting a NAP Center Flipper Rest

PM sent as well

23-Oct-19
Looks like a cool bow and seems quiet in the vids.

At $1200 it's just too expensive.

23-Oct-19
It is pricey, but I was really having a hard time finding a good finger bow.

23-Oct-19
Scar, did they get them quieted down? I remember back in the day...

23-Oct-19
yes, and you can do a few other things to it as well. it's a little louder than my Mathews or Hoyt, but I am not worried about it! It shoots so smooth and is so easy to draw and shoot its crazy! the crazy thing about the sound is that it radiates back away from the bow, not towards the front, if that makes any since?!!?! Really easy to work on, no bow press needed.

So far I am extremely impressed and can't wait to hunt with it! Oh, and its light if you shoot bare bow which I am. not a bunch of crap to weigh it down, I am not even using a stabilizer on it, but I may try one in the future.

• Sitka Gear