Grey Ghost 31-Oct-19
Bou'bound 31-Oct-19
Dyjack 31-Oct-19
spike78 31-Oct-19
GF 31-Oct-19
orionsbrother 31-Oct-19
GF 31-Oct-19
31-Oct-19
Since the fun threads are way more well fun than the serious ones and it’s Halloween, how about the creepiest thing you’ve seen while hunting or out in the woods. Mine was a late 30s early 40s man wearing nothing but woman’s underthings hanging in a tree when I was a kid.

31-Oct-19
Coon hunting at night with dogs in high school in the 80's. We were hunting the back waters of a local dam and stumbled onto a group of satanists dressed in black robes trimmed in red around a fire chanting. We saw them before they saw us so we eased on out of there plus we had guns so I wasn't real worried just freaked out. Never thought I'd see that but I did.

31-Oct-19
Coming home on a mountain highway one Halloween night...my Wife and had to stop, and check out two dead black domestic dogs, with flowers laid on them, on the side of the road.

They almost looked like some kind of wolf cross...creepy as Hell !

31-Oct-19

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
Oh, and since it's a "fun thread"...here's our Costumes for the Halloween 3D Shoot last weekend...she bagged me!

31-Oct-19
I like those costumes man very creative!

31-Oct-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Found this in the woods I hunt. Shed hunting this spring 3/4 mile from any road kinda creepy.

31-Oct-19
I once saw a trad hunter with a rangefinder. Freaked me out!!

;-)

Matt

31-Oct-19
it was either a little bigfoot or a big monkey, but it was not something that would normally be found in the woods of SW Ohio. Very strange. My guess is it was chimp that someone had as a pet that got away. It was dusky though. could have been a bigfoot but I don't think so.

A close second would be seeing Lee Lakosky hunting on public land. Just a weird sight. Likely a hallucination.

31-Oct-19
A couple miles from any road turkey hunting found a bunch of old timey, but freshly painted wooden furniture sitting in a big fire pit. It looked heavy no idea how it got there. Weird shit.

But the scariest thing I've seen is hushin hats and stickers everywhere. Some say if you put a flat brim to your ear you can hear a frat bro chanting "Get hushin.. Fire bull hat wasnt a photo shop...."

31-Oct-19
Lol Bou now that was funny! If Lee drove out here to hunt he’d turn around two days later and head back to Iowa.

31-Oct-19
I maybe SHOULD’VE been creeped out the night my brother and o were packing out Elk quarters.... in pitch dark... through s drainage that is home to a breeding female cougar and a couple of black bears....

But I was too tired to think about it.

I’ve never really been creeped out in the dark. Not since I was a little kid, anyway.

But people dressed up for what looked like a Satanic ritual might at least send me on a detour.

31-Oct-19
While quietly stepping over a log in the dark with a headlamp cupped in my hand with just a sliver of light shining through a slit between my fingers...

There’s that millisecond as a grouse flushes from underfoot and through the green beam of the headlamp.

I don’t like that millisecond.

That and having a meth-head homeless dude crawl out of his camp, looking like something from The Walking Dead while I was in my climber in my Urban Honey Hole.

31-Oct-19
OK - now THAT would have me changing my drawers.

Ain’t skeered o’ critters; ain’t skeered o’ no Ghosts. But Scary People scare me.

• Sitka Gear