moe 13-Nov-19
'Ike' (Phone) 13-Nov-19
Shawn 13-Nov-19
Grunt-N-Gobble 13-Nov-19
drycreek 13-Nov-19
Will 14-Nov-19
Lee 14-Nov-19
13-Nov-19
I know that this has been discussed before, but I would like your recommendations on which trail cam to get. My son would like a cam for Christmas and I would like to get a decent one. I have bought a cheap one in the past and have been disappointed. Thanks for any and all opinions. Moe

13-Nov-19
Don't buy anything from Wild Game Innovations. I've had decent luck with Bushnell. Use lithium batteries.

13-Nov-19
Features? Remote cell transmission or self-check? Budget?

13-Nov-19
He just wants one that takes decent pics, don't need videos. Not interested in cell cams, as he likes to go check them. As far as budget, I don't have a ceiling as long as I get a reliable cam that takes good daytime and night pics. Sorry about the typo in the thread title.

13-Nov-19
A couple of years ago I did the trail camera upgrade offer with Dicks. I traded in my Wild Game cameras for Bushnell’s. Have been pleased.

13-Nov-19
I have had good luck with Stealth Cams and buying them of Camofire. I think it Tuesday they have a lot of trail cams on there.

13-Nov-19
I’m a fan of the browning cameras. I bought a spypount and a cuddeback last season and they both take horrible night pics. Which the cuddeback surprised me, I have older models that take great pics.

13-Nov-19
I spent approx $100 on my Bushnell Trophy Cam 8-9 years ago. It’s still going strong.

13-Nov-19
Brownings are good

13-Nov-19
Brownings and Bushnells are the best bang for your buck. As others have mentioned, lithium batteries are the way to go.

13-Nov-19
Bushnell is the best I have. Have had trouble with every other brand purchased. IMO, I had the most trouble with Cuddeback. They are expensive, their customer service was poor and their products did not perform as promised. I would not hesitate to go with Bushnell if I ever were to buy more game cameras.

13-Nov-19
check out trailcampro.com

13-Nov-19
I have had great luck with bushnell

13-Nov-19
I have had great luck with bushnell

13-Nov-19
I’ve used quite a few different brands over the years, and, like some guys above, I’ve had good luck with the Brownings the past couple of years. You can get a pretty good one for under $100 on sale. I wouldn’t use a Wildgame camera if you gave me 50 of them. Junk, plus I wouldn’t give Big Bill Busbice or his kids a nickel of my money.

Go to Trailcampro.com and read their input. Lots of good info there. They carry most all brands....except Cuddeback, I think.

13-Nov-19
With what you're saying I'd go Browning. Wildgame are my best "cheap cam."

13-Nov-19
I agree with the other guys that you should go to Trailcampro.com and read their reviews.

For me I like the Browning strikeforce I think it is the best all around trail camera ~$139 Then I like the Bushnell cameras, they have been very good quality for me but more expensive than the Brownings.

I have a bunch of cuddelink cameras but they don't perform to the level of the Browning or bushnell cameras. They do work and they allow minimal disturbance to the hunting area but I would not suggest them for someone new to trail cameras.

Whatever camera you decide on use energizer ultimate Lithium AA batteries, the standard alkaline's are cheaper but don't do well in cold weather and the lithium's will last much longer.

13-Nov-19
Have a couple of Browning cameras and they are excellent!

13-Nov-19
Moultrie or Browning....both have good customer service and warranties on their cams. I know you (the OP) said it's only for pics but I would suggest getting one that takes good vids too. Reason being is a vid will give you alot more information about your subject than a pic will and IMO once ya go vid and see what they offer, you won't go back to pics.

13-Nov-19
Thanks for all the info. I went to Trailcampro.com and as stated the is a lot of info there. I think that I will go with Browning as many of you have suggested. Thanks again. Moe

13-Nov-19
Browning for years now...Bushnell 2nd!

13-Nov-19
Browning, Bushnell and Tasco all have some of the same cameras in their line just rebranded. Shawn

13-Nov-19
Browning. I have 3 Strikforce models all bought from trailcampro.

13-Nov-19
Bushnells or Brownings. I have both, but as my Bushnells croak, I’m replacing them with Browning Strike Force.

14-Nov-19
I have a few moultrie's that have been going well for a long time now. Amazes me they still work! M-80 or something like that was the model. They have held up well and worked solidly with decent pic's. I like them better than the cudde cams I have. The Cudde works well but feels a little more complicated use. Not a big thing.

I've heard a lot of good things about browning and bushnell too...

14-Nov-19
Browning - great cameras! I went to check one this summer and somebody broke the latch, swiped my card and then took the battery tray! I called Browning to order new parts and in passing mentioned what happened. The lady told me that sounded like a bad day and replaced both parts to include shipping for free! Totally impressed as that was by no means their issue.

I’ve had them last an entire year with lithium batteries.

Lee

• Sitka Gear