Grubby 16-Nov-19
kakiat kid 16-Nov-19
Hawkeye 16-Nov-19
Ambush 16-Nov-19
Grubby 16-Nov-19
Jaquomo 16-Nov-19
WI Shedhead 16-Nov-19
15-Nov-19
I have never really had any trouble keeping my hands warm in the past but this year has been tough! A muff and chemical hand warmers works pretty well but at some point I need to take my hands out. Last night I was in serious pain when I came in and this morning one still hurts. Do I need to move south??

15-Nov-19
Used to struggle with the hands until I went Sitka fanatic in 2014. For just below freezing I’m in finger gloves in the muff or bare hands. For real cold I just wear wool glo-mits in there. Roasty toasty

15-Nov-19
Is that the Sitka muff?

I must admit the muff I’m using sucks. I may need to upgrade.

15-Nov-19
Muff, light wool gloves, and the big body warmer hand warmer. Never an issue, if I have to take them out for a bit to hold my bow, etc the wool gloves keep me warm enough not to be in pain.

15-Nov-19
Unless last night was out of the ordinary in terms or coldness or time out. I would keep a eye on that. Make sure you don't have a circulatory issue that needs to be addressed.

15-Nov-19
I’m exactly the same Grubby. About five years ago I bought a Sitka muff on sale. It seriously is WAY warmer than the others I’ve used. Put two hand warmers in the little pouches and wear light gloves. I have spent ten hours in a tree in some serious cold and not had cold hands. So yeah, not all muffs are created equal.

15-Nov-19
John makes a good point and that’s something I’m checking into. Also shopping for a new muff. And that Sitka neck gaiter looks nice too.

15-Nov-19
I want a new muff

15-Nov-19
I bet you do. Talk to Lou for some pointers

15-Nov-19
Wool liner mitts and wool smoker mitts is still my best option. My brother has the new Fanatic jacket which has a built-in muff is what he is talking about. Well all the Fanatic jackets have that.

15-Nov-19
I got super cold hands on Monday during our local snow storm. I have the Fanatic jacket and was warm all over, except for my hands, which I had to keep taking out of the muff.

My hands HURT for a good 2 days. Even when they got warm, after I got down to recover a deer, they hurt for a while.

Feel better now though. I jokingly said to my mother (who's a nurse practitioner), that I had early arthritis, and she said to take some aleve and rest the hands for a couple days

15-Nov-19
looking forward to sitka new whitetail gloves that will be out next year, good take on the Simms I been using

15-Nov-19
Just got Sitkas incinerator muff last week. Been hunting in 8-15 windchill with low 20s. Two hand warmers and my hands sweat in that thing without gloves.

15-Nov-19
Hot hands.

15-Nov-19
I hurt my hands duck hunting the outboard wouldn't start & I had to paddle several miles in single digit wind chill my hands hurt for weeks & even now 15 years later they ake terribly when they get cold. good luck

15-Nov-19

15-Nov-19
What is a good hunt without a little pain? Makes you realize that not only deer age. Welcome to the club.

16-Nov-19
Was just on a 10 day hunt where I spent 96 hours on stand last week used a ice breaker hand muff with 2 small hand warmers in it and on 3 very windy days used the Sitka neck gaiter which was new. Both performed great especially the Sitka was a game saver on the windy mornings. Was down to 14 degrees on my nebraska Hunt. Gone look into one of those fanatic jackets. Mines about 10 years old

16-Nov-19
I just bought the fanatic jacket finally. Got a Zippo handwarmer to go in the muff and it stayed warm from day to dark yesterday. Refilled with fluid and ready to go again today. My feet stay cold though!!

16-Nov-19
So what's the answer?? I can't use a muff while plowing snow on my tractor or riding an ATV in cold weather. It there a glove and/or mitten available that will keep hands warm in really cold weather???

16-Nov-19
Ken, I don’t have problems on the atv, get yourself a set of those gauntlets that go right over your handlebars and stay attached to the machine.

I’m really considering the Sitka jacket for next year....... I guess you can’t really put a price on comfort.

16-Nov-19
I love the muff

16-Nov-19
"Used to struggle with the hands until I went Sitka fanatic in 2014. For just below freezing I’m in finger gloves in the muff or bare hands. For real cold I just wear wool glo-mits in there. Roasty toasty."

^This

16-Nov-19
Rocky how did we do anything before we had the next improvement. The NA Indians lived without the wheel to, but I bet they were glad it came along

16-Nov-19
I’m definitely not opposed to paying for something that’s going to improve my experience. I won’t be wearing it around town which seems to be popular.

16-Nov-19
A couple aspirins will help circulation, which in turn helps cold feet and hands..

16-Nov-19
Sheep wool lined chopper mits with wool liners. That foolproof for the hands

• Sitka Gear