bowhunter24 20-Nov-19
BULELK1 21-Nov-19
pointingdogs 21-Nov-19
TrapperKayak 21-Nov-19
bigswivle 21-Nov-19
Thornton 23-Nov-19
Az Rancher 24-Nov-19
15-Nov-19
This is typically the week that I am having a ball chasing whitetails in Ohio with great people and great land but instead I’m sitting in a hospital holding my grandmas hand as she is passing on. This little lady has meant so much to me in my life and I am very lucky to have had her for 40 years of my life.

I’m just writing this to remind everyone to call those that are important and tell them such.

15-Nov-19
Great reminder .. God bless you and your family!! Hunt

15-Nov-19
Peace, What an honor to her life that she means that much to you!

15-Nov-19
Prayers for your grandmother and for you Danny, great reminder for all of us. God be with her and with you. As much as she means to you I'm certain that you have meant every bit as much to her.

15-Nov-19
So much to be thankful for. As I was counting the hours I've spent waiting for a particular buck this year and thinking how obscene it was I got to thinking about what would happen if a car took me out at the legs and they were amputated. Man at that point I would imagine I'd give anything to get in a tree and shoot a dink. So much to be thankful for that we take for granted every day.

All the best with your grandma. Hope she passes as painlessly as possible.

15-Nov-19
Thanks for reminding me to call my mom after her shoulder replacement. I keep forgetting.

15-Nov-19
Good for you, Danny, and hopes for a peaceful passing for her.

15-Nov-19
It means so much that you are there for her sake and for you. You will remember this the rest of your life and feel good and blessed that you were able to be there. I missed saying my goodbyes to some loved ones many years ago and have regrets because of it. Your reminder is spot on.

15-Nov-19
May God give you, your Grandma, and your family peace in this most difficult time.

15-Nov-19
It's never easy to let a loved on go. I have to remind myself, that God only loans them to us for a time of his choosing, It is wise I make use of that time accordingly. When God finally calls your Grandma home, may she Rest in Peace. I pray our Lord confronts you and your family through this painful time.

15-Nov-19
You are blessed to have had the privilege to know and love your grandmother. You are wise in recognizing the truly important people who have influence on our lives. I can assure you, your days missed hunt will pale to the days so ent with your loved one , nor will they matter.

These is a time for everything- spend your time wisely.

May your grandmother pass in peace.

15-Nov-19
Prayers your way brother! You are blessed as said above!

As we grow older, we start to lose those around us, and it is hard, painful and difficult! But the Lord comforts us, as He knows our sorrows! He holds up in His loving hands, when we feel we can not stand! And He NEVER fails us, if we stay faithful!

Prayers for you, and your family! God Bless!!!

15-Nov-19
Prayers to you and your family Danny. Even though it is not enough, you were fortunate to have her for 40 years.

Totally understand what you are going through. We are burying my mom tomorrow.

15-Nov-19
Pav, prayers for your family too.

I am a pallbearer tomorrow for a 97 yr old relative who was a great life role model and hunting/woodsman mentor.

15-Nov-19
Just keep talking to her Danny, even if it seems she can’t hear you anymore. She can. Love is so important in life and in dying.

15-Nov-19
Agree with all that has been said. Your priorities are in the right place. Good for you for being with her. You are a good man!

16-Nov-19
Yes sir. It’s the relationships in life that matter and make life full. May God Bless you and your family through this hard time.

16-Nov-19
My Dad would take my brother and I deer hunting when we were Young. We would sit under a pine tree. He would hand my older brother the .35 Marlin lever action to get him started first. I would keep an eye out for deer with Dad. My brother was the shooter. Dad and I would soon be sound asleep. We really weren't very good hunters back then.but we were together. He did get us in the woods though. Since then I have been bow hunting for many years and only fall asleep occasionally. Can't thank him enough. 20 years since his passing. Everytime I arrow am animal.i thank God for Dad. Blessings to all of you with similar stories. G

16-Nov-19
Prayers to you and your family from Iowa.

16-Nov-19
Hang in there bubba. Things will get better. God bless you and your family.

16-Nov-19
Prayers for your Grandmother. I pray for Padre Pio for an intercession and assist her on her journey. I had the great pleasure of having all 4 Grandparents alive until the first one ascended when I was 19, and the last one ascended when I was 37. I cherish those memories.

16-Nov-19
Yes keep them close we don’t know when it’s our time to leave. God bless.

16-Nov-19
You are doing good Danny! Praying for you.

16-Nov-19
Psalm 118 verse 24

18-Nov-19
I was holding my Moms hand when she took her last breath 5 1/2 years ago so I know how you're feeling. Hardest day of my life. Good on you for being there for her. God bless you and your family.

18-Nov-19
Sorry to hear of this, May God Bless you and your family through these trying times!

Pav, sorry to hear about your Mom sir!

ElkNut/Paul

18-Nov-19
Wow. Last Saturday I spent doing the same thing. Spent grandmas final day by her side. God bless. Daughter held her hand. We watched her leave in peace.

20-Nov-19
Great advice. We normally do not appriciatte what we have until they start going away

20-Nov-19
Thanks for a great reminder. I know I spend too much time being busy and forgetting about what matters most.

20-Nov-19
Yup, got a 95 yo uncle that sits in the extended care unable to do much but sit there, who gets my visits, but I feel bad I can't go more often. He doesn't have a whole lot longer here...very sad to me. I feel bad enough but its worse when he calls ME!

20-Nov-19
She passed peacefully last night. She was an amazing lady and though I know she lived a full life, it doesn't make me miss her any less. I appreciate all the great thoughts and prayers.

Best,

20-Nov-19
Prayers for you, your family and Grandmother. God loved her enough to call her home.

20-Nov-19
God bless I lost an old friend last night may they both Rest In Peace Lewis

20-Nov-19
I'm a bagpiper...I'll pipe her off to"Going Home". A favorite of mine, and I learned to play to honor and pay tribute to my dad. My only regret is that I didn't learn long, long ago. Dad would've loved my journey. Gone from sight, but never from memory. God's blessing for that sweet lady, you, and your family. Good on ya, mate!

20-Nov-19
Sorry for your loss

20-Nov-19
Very sorry for your loss but I understand your priorities. My mom was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor 3.5 months ago. I had not bow hunted this year until last week. I went hoping to either get something with my bow and or rifle as it opened Sat. I got a nice one with the rifle and it will be going on the wall in my mom's memory. I spend time with her daily as we never know when that time will come but I have to admit a little time in the woods helped charge my battery.

21-Nov-19
Very sad to loose a loved one.

Prayers from Utah

robb

21-Nov-19
Flying back to Pennsylvania from Iowa today. Hope to get home before my mom passes. So tough.

21-Nov-19
Danny, and everyone who has lost someone recently, God Bless you all and your families. I spent three weeks last Jan holding Mom's hand and caressing her head as she lay dying, barely able to respond. She was 89, and a wonderful mother. Its tough knowing she is no longer in this life with us. I hunt now with Dad, who passed in '94, and her in my mind...

21-Nov-19
Sorry for your loss

23-Nov-19
If you're lucky, the only thing you take with you is your memories. Make all you can. God Bless.

24-Nov-19
You can never tell your family that you love them enough,blessed are the memories that you have.Prayers sent.

• Sitka Gear