Contributors to this thread:
CCHH 18-Nov-19
Bou'bound 18-Nov-19
Kurt 19-Nov-19
casekiska 19-Nov-19
CCHH 19-Nov-19
CCHH 19-Nov-19
18-Nov-19
My uncle is in a bowhunter magazine in either 1990 or 1991 for checking in the first turkey to be taken with archery equipment since they started keeping track. If anyone collects these and could take a look and let me know that would be awesome. I imagine it would have been a spring or summer issue. His last name is Fortuna. It was 1/4 page I believe with a black and white picture. thanks

18-Nov-19
Is it in Bowhunter Magazine or a bowhunter magazine. Should be easy to find if you know the specific name of the publication. Neat story I bet.

19-Nov-19
Trakman, (Lyle Willmarth) arrowed a Turkey in CO around 1977 or ‘78. It was the first we knew of taken in CO by a bowhunter.

19-Nov-19
July 1985 issue of BOWHUNTER - THE MAGAZINE FOR THE HUNTING ARCHER features an article about WI resident Dan Mundth and his 1984 bow & arrow turkey kill.

Further, the records of the Wisconsin Conservation Department reveal that when an archery season for turkeys was held in 1938 in sections of Adams and Sauk Counties, 330 bowmen harvested 57 turkeys in eight days.

19-Nov-19
It was in Washington state. It was either in Bowhunter magazine or Peterson's bowhunting magazine. Id imagine it wasnt the first but still pretty cool.

19-Nov-19
Wild turkeys were introduced in 1960 from wild birds caught in Arizona, New Mexico and Wyoming.

• Sitka Gear