Tonybear61 27-Nov-19
Heat 27-Nov-19
3rd Degree 27-Nov-19
TD 27-Nov-19
Rupe 27-Nov-19
'Ike' (Phone) 27-Nov-19
wkochevar 27-Nov-19
26-Nov-19
I was hunting in the popup yesterday and this little guy was hanging out with me for most of the hunt. He let me get a bunch of vids as he checked out everything I had in there. He chewed or licked on my pack and my boots. Maybe he liked the salt/sweat? It was a slow sit but Chippy made it fun.

26-Nov-19
Entertaining.

26-Nov-19
When I was in WY on my elk hunt this year one of those little SOB's chewed a hole in the cabin air filter of my truck and found his way into the cab. He proceeded to eat my baggie of trail mix out of the cup holder. Never figured out how he got in there until my last oil change when we had a good laugh at the holes in my air filter. Mystery solved!

26-Nov-19
Cool video..good tip to know...chipmunk s dont carry rabies,,,

26-Nov-19
Mule deer hunting in CO I was sitting on a great big rock. I noticed one crawl out on top of the rock, eyeball me a minute and then scampered off back under it. He left a tiny little wet spot and I sat there wondering how many people had seen a chipmunk pee......

26-Nov-19
Twice had the little suckers run across my crotch while mid-day resting (watching a wallow). Darn near had a heart attack both times!

26-Nov-19
one of those bastards made a nest under the intake of my Durango and chewed up the fly wire. Shop said that was the biggest nest and mess they have seen yet in a vehicle. I do not find them adorable.

26-Nov-19

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Always entertaining...

27-Nov-19
Someone told me when mice and squirrels and chippys eat your wiring it's because their is some type of oil on wiring they like. Maybe soy oil or peanut oil? That little guy above wouldn't touch the apple core I gave him....he just likes chewing and licking my boots and pack.

27-Nov-19
PECO..... I’m with you. I had one inside the wall of my home in the spring. I killed about 50 of them after that...... Rats.

27-Nov-19
I had one on a stump 5' from me barking for long enough that it was getting annoying & about the time I was figuring it was time for him to move on a red tailed hawk came past me & snatched him. I always guilty for that chipmunks demise.

27-Nov-19
Thank you for sharing this little treasure

27-Nov-19
A car guy told me the reason they like auto wiring was because the outer coatings are now made from soy oil.

27-Nov-19
Glad he didn't run up my pant lag looking for nuts.

27-Nov-19
Here......let me fix that for ya...…

Glad he didn't run up my pant lag looking for...…..deez nutz!

27-Nov-19
Great video and thanks for sharing it. I'm always entertained by the actions of chipmunks when I'm out in the woods. They are very alert and can make a real racket if they detect you but conversely I've found that they can make me aware of approaching game if I pay attention to them.

27-Nov-19
Right on JTV! Dang things are worse than squirrels I think. Clucking at you for sometimes longer than squirrels.

27-Nov-19
Had one up in my stand once, I put out my palm, and he crawled out on it, and started licking the sweat between my thumb and forefinger.

It was entertaining...until the little bastard bit me...I launched him !

27-Nov-19
One is cute........50 of em, not so much. They are destructive little bastards!! Constantly digging holes around the foundations of my house and shed, running rampant in the gutters, chewing wires, landscaping, etc. The only rodent worse than them, are squirrels. I’ve spent between $1,500-$2,000 this year, fixing different stuff on my pickup that those SOB,s chewed up. They chewed the fuel injection sensor cables once, some lines to the fuel tank once and some wiring under the hood once. Plus, they chew on my deck and bird feeders. My RWS pellet gun does a good job on them and Victor rat traps are effective on the monks.

27-Nov-19
I’m with you T-Roy.... I’ve killed 50 or so around my house this year and if I kill another 50 I will finally put a dent in their population. I have all the same troubles as you.....

Try the “bucket of death”...... A 5 gallon bucket filled halfway full of water with a wood ramp for them to climb up it. Dump enough sunflower seeds in the water to cover the water. (They float)....... 7 at a time was the most I caught in there...... I have a scoped Gamo that is effective too.

They’re fine when out hunting but I don’t want them drilling holes all around my house foundation..... and I don’t want them in my walls.......

27-Nov-19
I’ll have to try that one B Bear! I’ve got the diving board 5 gallon bucket traps for mice, and they work great on mice.

Sorry about derailing your thread, JL. Just needed to vent ;-)

27-Nov-19
^no biggie. Maybe I should have put this under Small Game Hunting. :-)

27-Nov-19
You can use peppermint extract or oil in your engine bay or leave the hood open and the monks and pack rats won’t nest or chew your wires because of the light coming in . Google owl boxes and build them for the predominant owls in your area. Put up raptor platforms so hawks can nest. You can grow mint around your home lots of other things to discourage monks. Killing them just makes your home eco system out of balance and you will create other issues.

27-Nov-19
I had a humming bird check me out on one of my blind windows a few years back.

In MN there was a recent article about a woman who had a flying squirrel collide with the broad head on her arrow while she was on stand.

27-Nov-19
On my Kaibab bison hunt, I was constantly under attack from ground squirrels trying to get in my pack to eat my snacks. Someone must have been feeding those guys for a while. They were bold!

27-Nov-19
I used to be a service writer at a dealership. I have had multiple thousand + dollar repairs from rodents. Worst one was about $7K. Chewed wires from the junction box up to and through the headliner all the way to the hatch. The guys homeowners or maybe car insurance covered the claim, don't recall which.

If you really want to laugh, you should see a tech scream and run, when the critter is still in the nest when you start taking it out. Big burly mechanic screamed like a girl.

And, Yes. The wire coatings/insulation are soy based.

27-Nov-19
Ahhhhh.... kinda brings out the Holiday Spirit......

27-Nov-19
Thanks for sharing your cool video.

27-Nov-19
Paul has them for breakfast... :-)

27-Nov-19
PECO and Big Bear, Sounds like those were pack rats, not chipmunks... whole different critter

• Sitka Gear