Gator 24-Dec-19
PA-R 27-Dec-19
Rock 31-Dec-19
Hancock West 31-Dec-19
Shiras42 03-Jan-20
Shiras42 03-Jan-20
jingalls 25-Apr-20
30-Nov-19
Looking for a new, *comfortable* ladder stand. I have an older Big Game that is very comfortable, and the newer models look to be fine, BUT reviews online seem to be negative on their quality. Missing holes, missing hardware etc. Other brands, some look good but at twice the price of the BG's or more.

I'm thinking, do I chance another Big Game or spend the money on something rated higher. (And no, I'm not looking at cheapos with a tiny little seat and platform. I'm a big guy who likes some room to adjust as the hours pass.) Thanks

30-Nov-19
Walmart in my area just discounted the two man ladder stands from $124 down to $75. Worth every penny IMO.

30-Nov-19
I've sat in Big Dog ladder stands there nice.

30-Nov-19
I bought a Summit Dual Pro 2 man stand this year..... I haven’t hunted it with 2 people yet but I really like the large platform and 2 person seat. I’m very happy with it.......

I also own a Family Traditions 2 man stand that is a fantastic stand....... but it’s expensive and you won’t find it in the big box stores........

Good luck !!

30-Nov-19
I have a Millennium. It’s big, it’s heavy, it’s a bitch to put up, and it’s expensive. But I can’t imagine you’d find a more solid or comfortable ladder stand. I think that one is probably gonna be the gold standard if you can deal with the cost/weight.

30-Nov-19
Millennium. Most comfortable stands on the market.

-Mitch

30-Nov-19

JL's Link
I've been watching our local stores for the Hawk Big Denali 1.5 stand. It has a 26" wide seat and goes 20'. One of our local stores has them for $169 but I think they can be had for cheaper if you're patient. I have other Hawk (and the old Gorilla) stands and like their products. Also...I have a buddy who got some Primal 22' Mac Daddy's and got rid of them. The seats are way too small.

30-Nov-19
I have several older Big Game stands and really like them. Haven't bought any new ones lately but for one-man stands, my only 2 preferences are a sling style flip seat and as big a foot platform as possible. I seriously get some vertigo if I have to stand on a tiny little platform at that height and try to move if necessary... I have heard the Muddy's are pretty good stands Good Luck and let us know...I'm going to need a couple replacements soon Kip

30-Nov-19
X-stands. Fleet Farm has them on sale every once in awhile. “The Duke” looks awesome and around $189. Big platform and cushy seat. Been really wanting to pick one up.

30-Nov-19

yooper89's Link
Family Tradition Stands. Made in America. Tough as nails. It’s all my cousin uses on his farm.

30-Nov-19
Brotsky....I just got a Duke from Gander Outdoor on clearance for $90-something bucks. Those look like decent stands too. I kinda wish I got two when they had them in stock.

30-Nov-19
I almost bought an X-stand Jayhawk....... but the locking jaws are limited to small trees.....They look rock solid though....

30-Nov-19
Family traditions, millennium...both high quality and comfortable.

30-Nov-19
Field and Stream overlook XL is the best one I have found. Very good quality and comfort is outstanding. The only negative I have with the stand is height. A little over 15 foot at platform. You can buy an extra ladder section. If you put stand where there is cover the height is fine. Dicks sporting goods carries them. They were 129 yesterday.

30-Nov-19
The ladders in the Family Traditions stands have the double rails on both sides of the ladder..... Rock solid !!

30-Nov-19
Tried several but have been really impressed with Millenium Ladder Stands. They’re versatile, strong, solid, and have a good platform size. We have the single and the double (2 man stands). Love them both. The double would be great for a really big guy. I’m however only 5’8” and 165 pounds so the extra room in the double makes a great place to put my stuff (horns, grunt call, binos, and backpack). Usually in the single I hang a couple EZ Hangers to hold everything but in the double there’s no need. Tried X Stands and the platform is to small and doesn’t afford you any room to move. Biting the bullet and paying a little extra for a nicer accommodation is sure worth it in my opinion.

30-Nov-19
Best ladder stand I ever had was a Leverage ladderstand. They don't make it anymore. I like the look of the Family Traditions, but they do not ship to other states or it was very expensive to get shipped. I called a few years back.

30-Nov-19
The Millennium is the best ladder stand that I have found but it is one of the more expensive at around $350. The seats I think are the most comfortable out there and they are very durable, I have two of them that have been in the the woods for 7+ years and the seats are almost like new. Also you can buy replacement seats from the manufacturer, try that from the others that change models yearly.

The Family Traditions stands are very nice but they are even more expensive than Millennium and their dealer network is small. The thing I don't like about their ladder stands is the platform does not extend to the tree so you can't lift up the seat and back up against the tree.

I have a couple of older Muddy stands that are very good, light and easy to put up but they don't make them like that any more and I don't know anyone else that builds a similar ladder.

Most of these new stands are just basically junk, expect to spend at least 2 to 3 hours just to assemble them The instructions are usually very hard to read and follow and you can easily end up taking it apart because you misinterpreted something. Make sure that you are close to a hardware store because the most important bolt or nut will be missing.

John

30-Nov-19
I thought the X-stands looked great as some have said. Reviews were good also. So I bought the duke and that will be my last one. I have taken down the one I put up. That thing makes a ton of noise. The spring loaded fasteners that keep the ladder together allow too much play of the metal on metal.

It is comfortable but I cannot deal with the noise. I added a ratchet strap near the top of the ladder to tighten it up some. It helped but serves as a trip hazard. During this off season I plan to replace the fasteners with stainless steal hardware and plastic washers to see if that helps. I second the Hawk Denali I put one up last year and that things is very solid and quiet.

I only have a spot for 2-3 ladder stands. I prefer hang ons. The M25 is my stand choice. For $100 and it comes with a life line works out great. Very comfortable stand. It’s a heavy stand but I place mine in advanced.

30-Nov-19
Another vote for Millenium. Definitely not cheap, and like busta noted, they’re a bitch to set up, but they’re more comfortable, quiet and solid than any other ladder stand I’ve ever sat in. I was concerned about the squirrels chewing on the fabric seats, but no signs of that so far, after having a few of them out for 3 years.

30-Nov-19
I’ve been eyeballing the Millinneum ladder also. Just looking for the best price now.

30-Nov-19

30-Nov-19
I picked up a Hawk Big Denali 1.5 this year and spent the gun opener in it, comfortable as could be. My only beef is the foot platform’s size is quite small. Also putting it up was a two man job but that was no issue. I have also spent many days in Millenium ladder stands and I feel those were even nicer. I am looking at Guide Gear ladder stands for next year, has anyone tried those out?

30-Nov-19
I’ve got a couple of guide gear stands. Both are solid and quiet. Good sized platforms and folding seats

30-Nov-19
Walmart. Two man stand. Easy to assemble, sturdy, comfortable and around $100. I won't over pay for those others. If you are near northeast Iowa I will sell you an assembled two man Hawk. Way too heavy to get to the field.

30-Nov-19
I like a large foot platform. one that goes all the way back to the tree.

01-Dec-19

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Pointing dogs,

I agree with you. Here is a picture of them. Multiple stores in this area, KS/MO, have them priced at $75, and the 5X5' platforms to use with blinds are also $75.

01-Dec-19
Does anyone make just a portable, light weight ladder. Many of the trees I want to use are too big to get a strap around, even with strap extensions, and screw in steps take too long. I want something easy to get up about 20' and then hang a stand. I don't need these ridiculous ladder stands with guard rails, and platforms and seats that don't allow you to stand close to the tree. Sitting 15' up in these contraptions just looks like a huge, unnatural blob, that deer pick out quite easily.

01-Dec-19
Ziek you do have the option of brushing them in. It’s quite effective.

01-Dec-19
^After Christmas...look on Craigslist for artificial Christmas trees that folks are getting rid of and use those for brushing in. I'll be doing that.

01-Dec-19
That narrow front-to-back foot platform is a deal breaker for me.

01-Dec-19
Rivers Edge

01-Dec-19
I bought 2 of the Walmart 2Man stands last year on close out. 1 for $60 and 1 for $65. Set them up for my wife to sit during firearms season. The narrow foot platform sets well out in front of the seat, and the top rung of ladder is actually set out from the platform which makes getting onto and off the foot platform much easier than others I have used.

01-Dec-19
Hawk Denali 1 1/2 man ladder stand. By far the most comfortable stand I've ever hunted out of. I'll be purchasing these for our bear hunters and selling all my big game stands

02-Dec-19

Hardchild's Link
The folding style is absolutely topnotch. Love to use with tree saddle.

02-Dec-19
Millenium and X stand are the two most comfortable I've sat in.

02-Dec-19
I have 2 Muddy Huntsman stands and love them. I can sit in them all day and don't get sore from sitting. Plus they are very roomy and stable.

02-Dec-19
That Field & Stream Overlook XL looks good. Only thing is the price is full, not on sale - yet. Will wait to see if they come down after the season.

02-Dec-19
I'm still holding out for the Hawk Denali 1.5. I just came from our local Dunham's and they have the 22' Primal Mac Daddy extra wide seat on sale. I didn't know the Mac Daddy came in an extra wide until today. They were trying to sell it for $199 on sale.

02-Dec-19
I have a couple of the x-stand duke ladder stands, I like the concept of locking to the tree while putting up, but hate the short back rest on them. The back rest hits mid back and sits out several inches from the tree, so you can’t really lean back and be comfortable. I think I’ll go with the Millennium stands or possibly try Pursuit stands. They appear to have the same locking jaw as the x-stands.

02-Dec-19
Meant to say Primal stands not pursuit stands.

03-Dec-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Trust me when I say the BIG GAME 1.5 The platform is large enough to stretch legs out as well as being able to stand up with the seat not lifted up. The seat itself is amazingly comfortable. With my back problems and other physical ailments... it’s the only stand I can use with comfort and confidence...I also tie the gun rest up and ty wrap pine boughs along it and to the ladder it self... works great Amazon just had a special on them $135 ea shipping included...

03-Dec-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
When you brush in you get results like this... This guy “ stopped” by 3 x this year within 25 yards and never noticed me 15 feet up...
Shug's embedded Photo
When you brush in you get results like this... This guy “ stopped” by 3 x this year within 25 yards and never noticed me 15 feet up...
Not the big game stand but a typical brush in job... When you brush in like this...

03-Dec-19
Field and Stream Lookout Deluxe is easy to handle by yourself and put up. Sturdy, nice flip up seat. Under $100 on sale. I have 4 and no problems. I can handle up and down without issue.

04-Dec-19
As much as I hate Dicks go right after Christmas and buy their leftover ladder stands for about $50. Cant go wrong. I have them all over.

09-Dec-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
If anyone was interested in the Hawk Denali 1.5 AND your local store that has them AND they price match.....this current ad from Blaine's Farm & Fleet might help you out. This is the cheapest I have seen it so far.

09-Dec-19

JL's Link
Just found it cheaper at Rural King...$135.99

10-Dec-19
Dicks' Sports has a flash sale on ladder stands today. 50+ % off on a couple nice models

10-Dec-19
Dick's could be giving them away and I wouldn't stop to pick one up...

14-Dec-19
Just an update - picked up this stand today. Normally $200, on sale for $90. Plus they e-mailed me a 25% off coupon. Put it in the truck for $72.

xhttps://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/field-stream-lookout-deluxe-ladder-treestand-19fnsufslktdlwjwttsb/19fnsufslktdlwjwttsb

14-Dec-19
FWIW....I was able to price match the Denali 1.5 at Blaines for $136.

14-Dec-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
buck does not care about ladder
buck does not care about ladder
Here is my "ladder" stand. I found this light weight alum 16 ft ladder at a pawnshop, paid $15, painted it camo, lean it to the tree, attach rope at the top and then tie it off to the tree to secure it. I then hang one of my strap on tree stands. Killed a WT buck from each stand setup

14-Dec-19
Over the years, I couldn’t even guess how many times I thought of doing the exact same thing, you have done with the ladder, and lock on type tree stand. I have a 16 and 20 ft. I hardly ever use anymore, and that’s not much different than the climbing sticks we use now.

14-Dec-19
BC, while I also have climbing sticks, the ladder is easier to set up, and when set at an angle, easier to climb up and then to set up the strap on stand.

24-Dec-19
You don't need to be that high if you wear good came and brush your stand in a bit. Instead of these cumbersome ladder stands, I suggest the 13' South Texas Tripod. You won't need the rifle seat, just get the bowhunter seat and you don't need anchor stakes, etc. These are very stable and very quiet. Just idea for the bowhunter. Just get one, you'll see how good they are. If you like them, get more if you're serious...I have 15 of 'em plus another 20 tripods of my own design which are lighter because I use aluminum poles but South Texas tripods are a bit better more comfy.

The only negative is potential theft. You can have Chuck drill cable holes in each leg so you lock the 'pods to a tree or similar.

Don't just set them out in the open. I push them right back against a bushy tree so I have approx. a 180 degree forward and side vision.

http://www.southtexastripodsandfeeders.com/tripods.htm

24-Dec-19
we have multiple Milleniums and like the comfort of the seat but really hard to hunt from. First the seat is not close to the tree. The seat is so long your standing on the very edge of the platform getting in and out which is dangerous. Worse than that if you stand to shoot which most do you have to move out to the edge of platform to flip up the seat?? I"m done w/ them. Build me a ladder stand w/ a full foot platform and a small yet comfortable seat to easily flip up and down while staying close to the tree to minimize movement.

24-Dec-19
Big Game 1.5 - Comfortable and quite. Skip the arm rest and foot rest bar.

27-Dec-19
Good idee Paul, I too have a couple of extension ladders laying around the barn, got a few places close, be great to slip in and hunt, when the wind is right.

31-Dec-19
I have 2 Lone Wolf Ladder stands with the sliding ladder sections that allow you to vary the height you set them at and really like them. they are not made any more but I found a guy a few years ago that had 6 of them new in the box that he had never used, pricy but excellent stands.

31-Dec-19
We like the taller buddy stands for extra room. The Rivers Edge RE650 LOCKDOWN 21 FT 2-MAN is by far the most heavy duty & most comfortable stand we've tried. Its like sitting on a couch with a 4'x4' platform underneath.

https://www.huntriversedge.com/two-man-ladder-stands

03-Jan-20
Wasaudug said "Build me a ladder stand w/ a full foot platform and a small yet comfortable seat to easily flip up and down while staying close to the tree to minimize movement."

You nailed it there. I would also add that the platform to seat height should be about 24"+ so when going from seated to standing there is minimal effort and movement.

03-Jan-20
Thinking about trying the Guide Gear 18' Archer's Ladder Stand and if need be I could cut the seat portion shorter and make the platform a little lower.

25-Apr-20
DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT! ZAID is a troll!!!!

• Sitka Gear