dirtclod Az. 12-Dec-19
Franklin 12-Dec-19
JohnMC 12-Dec-19
x-man 12-Dec-19
Bob H in NH 12-Dec-19
Russ Koon 12-Dec-19
Dale06 12-Dec-19
11-Dec-19
My local pro shop says whisker biscuits are dangerous, said several injuries from them failing. He don't sell them only 1 brand of drop away rest. I'm wanting to go to them because they are easy to tune and very reliable. Anyone heard about injuries from them?

11-Dec-19
No, and exactly how did he say they "fail"? I would also find a new pro shop.

11-Dec-19
Time for a new pro shop is right.

11-Dec-19
Huh?

Maybe they "fail" to bring him enough revenue, and that's why he doesn't offer them.

11-Dec-19
Or he don’t pay his bills and nobody will extend him credit to stock any additional rests.

—jim

11-Dec-19
These are the same answers I expected to hear, as they were the answers in my mind.

11-Dec-19
Time for a new shop. After 12 years of high dollar drop always I think I’m going back to a biscuit next year. I shot just as good with a biscuit and they are bullet proof as far as not failing.

11-Dec-19
They are dangerous on whitetails for sure

11-Dec-19
Only one I’ve heard of was when some whisker biscuit’s boyfriend came home too early one afternoon.

11-Dec-19
So I do not like them at all for me... they just don't work for me. But he is an idiot!

My wife has one on her bow because it works for her! We have never had one single problem with it. Something isn't right!

11-Dec-19
What JT Freeman said is probably closer to the truth. I’ve seen it to many times...

11-Dec-19
Guy is not an idiot, he is an outright lying jackhole. Find a new pro shop.

11-Dec-19
I will say one time I had a bristle fly backwards at a dangerous speed and almost took out my eye.....NOT!

Are we being trolled or is this thread for real?

11-Dec-19
Please give the name of the idiot shop that told you that.

11-Dec-19
Lmao oh brother......

11-Dec-19
I may have finally found competition for the worst archery shop. Sucks having to drive 7 hours or hop a flight to go to an archery shop.

11-Dec-19
Troy, personal experience or hearsay ! LOLOLOL !

11-Dec-19
Haha nick, I feel so bad for you ;)

11-Dec-19
Troy, ain't no biscuits with whiskers these days!

11-Dec-19
Animal heart failure is about the only failure it provides!

12-Dec-19
Not trolling this is true, said arrows have broken in them and caused injuries.

12-Dec-19
I would say that if arrows have broken in them its the fault of the arrow not the whisker biscuit. I've shot a whisker biscuit for 20+ years and have never had an issue.

12-Dec-19
Buscuits are Man's best friend.Never had a problem with one... Until it divorced me! Ha!,Ha!

12-Dec-19
Probably one of the safest arrow rests out there. Try getting your arrow out of one in the dark after a hunt on stand.

12-Dec-19
Two of my former hunting buddies die from a whisker biscuit injuries.

12-Dec-19
I suppose if you set it up so badly that the nocking point was 3-4 inches off!!! It might break the arrow shaft upon release....

12-Dec-19
Hold on, could be broken arrows! Bisquits are great, good/great accuracy so maybe more people are slamming arrows due to increased accuracy over ease of tuning? Then they reshoot the cracked arrow and poof, it's in your hand :-)

Don't see how a few strands of plastic hairs could break an arrow.

12-Dec-19
Hmmm,,,, I am a great fan of the WB, and have used them almost exclusively for many years, since shortly after they came out.

However, I did have two arrows that failed when shooting a WB, and it was a peculiar failure. I was doing some initial tuning with a new setup at the time, and I knew my arrows were spined way heavy for the bow, and I would need adjustment in setting the centershot. I eye-balled it and shot a few shots at forty yards to get a visual on the flight. An arrow snapped on release on the third shot or so, breaking in two about three inches in front of the nock. I'd never had one break on release before for any reason, and at the time it struck me as being a weird place for one to break, but it hadn't caused me any injury and I just flexed all my shafts and visually checked all my remaining arrows , and when I could find no problems, just wrote it off as being an arrow that had suffered some sort of unnoticed damage prior to the shot when it snapped.

A few day later I think it was in my next practice session, I had another arrow snap in pretty much the identical place and repeated the same procedures afterwards, but I recall being highly suspicious that there was something going on that needed further attention. I soon finished bringing the centershot adjustment in to the correct distance, and never had a repeat of the broken arrows again.

I'm still a strong proponent of the WB, but I do wonder if maybe this dealer could have run into someone else who experienced a problem while setting up a WB with an overspined arrow. I shot fingers at the time as i had for about fifty years, but had a pretty clean release. Still, a slightly less than perfect release combined with a badly out of tune centershot on a 70# cam bow....There might be problem there that wouldn't occur under normal circumstances.

The problem I had was probably twenty years ago, and I never had another shaft break, so it didn't occur to me to look into it any further, but this thread does bring that experience to mind again.

If there is anything there, I'd say it's only something to indicate the need for setting the centershot more conventionally while doing an initial setup with overspined arrows. There was no damage to the WB and no sign of any wear. Just seemed to snap two shafts that were the same as the ones I'd been using for years, in what seemed to be an unusual location for breakage, under the same unusual conditions.

But my reaction would be with the majority. Time to find another shop.

12-Dec-19
Don’t use a WB and don’t plan to, but never heard of injuries from them. Something weird at that pro shop.

• Sitka Gear