Pop-r 15-Dec-19
carcus 15-Dec-19
Bou'bound 15-Dec-19
Livereater1 16-Dec-19
SBH 17-Dec-19
drycreek 17-Dec-19
cwater 18-Dec-19
13-Dec-19
I've been researching pretty good on it! Obviously it would be with a rifle, as much as i hate shooting them.....But i love to trap as well, so that could be an option. Not looking to spend 3-5K on an outfitter so probably going to try the DIY route. But looking for any INFO ( not your secret spot) that someone may be willing to share on it! leaning pretty hard towards Idaho, for the cheaper tags and healthy wolf population. Also, if you have a wolf mount i want to see it!

13-Dec-19
If you come to Idaho you won’t have any problem finding one. It will depend on your calling skills weather you get one or not.

13-Dec-19

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Terry Wood Dryden Ontario. High success rate, comfortable heated blinds . Low price .

15-Dec-19
Very much hit & miss. Not sure calling skills has anything to do with it? Out of 30 hunters guided by professional WY outfitters in 2018 they were 0/30 on success if that tells you anything. Good luck! I hope you kill a railcar full of them!

15-Dec-19

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo
I killed one deer hunting this year, first opportunity in 10+ years hunting the area, and there is a good population of them judging buy tracks. Tough animal, it ran 150 yards with a big broadhead hole in its heart, then took minutes to die, he let out a few howls, young male

15-Dec-19
That is so neat huntcell. What a beauty. Well done

16-Dec-19

Livereater1's embedded Photo
Livereater1's embedded Photo
Pine Acres Vermillion Bay Ont

17-Dec-19

SBH's embedded Photo
My buddies MT wolf from a few years back.
SBH's embedded Photo
My buddies MT wolf from a few years back.
DIY wolves are tough. Takes a lot of time spent in the right spot. They can cover a lot of ground. Not trying to talk you out of this, I want to see some more killed. We were able to get one a couple years ago. Buddy missed twice last year and he’s been in em again this year already. I haven’t been out yet this year for them. Hope to knock the population down a bit soon. Just gotta keep after em. They are very smart critters but it’s doable if you can locate them. Most days we go nothing is spotted. Try to find wintering elk and stay on your glass! That’s my advice anyways. Enjoy the hunt and good luck.

17-Dec-19
Seeing as how I’m from coyote country, I just can’t get over how big those suckers are !

18-Dec-19
i am with you drycreek! I would die to have one of these bad boys full body mounted, and even tho i've never been elk hunting...i'd like to know killing one helped the elk herd!

• Sitka Gear