Contributors to this thread:
DanaC 16-Dec-19
LBshooter 16-Dec-19
Franklin 16-Dec-19
Kodiak 16-Dec-19
midwest 16-Dec-19
APauls 16-Dec-19
16-Dec-19
Any experience with these? It's hard to 'split the difference' between a boot for sitting and a boot you can actually walk in. (And yeah, we know your beloved Mickey Mouse boots are warm yadda yadda...) I wore Sorels for years, and Red Balls, and Rocky Snow Stalkers. And I am still looking. Support when you're walking, warm when you're not. Is this the boot?

https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Snow-Monster-M-Brown/dp/B00HNTWOHS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=gjbobootsmen-20&linkId=e63460419b7304c1416148dec2da6f9f&language=en_US

16-Dec-19
Yes it's called artic shield boot covers, add a hot hands body warmer to the top of your toes outside the boot then add boot covers. This combo works like you wouldn't believe, and if it's really cold then just add another wormer, when done hunting take covers off and walk back in your comfy boots.

16-Dec-19
Talk about "yadda yadda yadda"....

The Snow Monsters are a good choice....I went with the Cabelas Predator Extreme many years ago. They are unbelievably lightweight, have excellent ankle support, a rugged sole and have a removable liner with a "toe warmer" pocket on the bottom of the liner if needed.

16-Dec-19
Mickey Mouse boots....oops.

16-Dec-19
I'm going to get a pair of Schnee's and be done with it. I'll add toe warmers as needed when sitting.

16-Dec-19
There is no such thing as a sitting and walking boot for real cold weather. It is one or the other. If you try and split the difference you're left with a boot that won't do either. Or if you don't have crazy cold weather that might be all right.

• Sitka Gear