Jaquomo 17-Dec-19
JB 17-Dec-19
APauls 17-Dec-19
PECO 17-Dec-19
BigSkyHntr 18-Dec-19
12yards 18-Dec-19
Grey Ghost 18-Dec-19
17-Dec-19
Just think....4 more days and we start heading toward Spring! This occurred to me as I sit here looking out the windows as it gets dark at 5pm here in the northwoods... sipping on vodka. And shortly after we will begin thinking about next Fall and what hunts we'll do. And some will make a note to add NJ to their list. And some of us will think about will we even make it! I've started my snowshoe treks for the winter so I'll stay one of the toughest sob's in the bush. You guys getting going or waiting for that New Years thing?

17-Dec-19
I am a firm believer in "if you do not use it you will lose it". I will be starting my Yard Hopper bow hunt for geese this Saturday. Keep moving and get going! my best, Paul

17-Dec-19
Just think... Wyoming applications are due in 6 weeks!

17-Dec-19
And looking forward to hearing about it Paul. Yah, some of these threads get to dragging on, enough about NJ, gifts to landowners, girlfriends in yoga pants, well... maybe not that one! And ethics. But gotta get fired up and moving as you say. New stuff. You guys have your Hooters thing to hang your hat on soon!

17-Dec-19
You all need to just hold iit a darn minute. This season ain't over yet.

17-Dec-19
The rut is in full swing here. Bucks chasing like crazy. Sorry for you snow birds... haha.

17-Dec-19
Scrappy X2^^!!!

I’m waiting for the shotgun season to end, so I can start chasing whitetails again during the late season, which runs through January 10th.

17-Dec-19
Deer season doesn't end until February 10 here.

17-Dec-19
I know. Plan to hunt this week again as the temp is supposed to get back up to 20's in a couple days. Our archery season goes thru the end of December.

17-Dec-19
Sipping on vodka and being on of the toughest guys? Explain that to me;-)

17-Dec-19
Yesterday 2 of the best bucks I've seen all year came thru with a young doe (fawn) leading them around. Have a lot of pressure due to the open country and it seems to take several months for the bucks to get to all the girls.

We've had about 50" of snow so far so spring can't happen too soon.

17-Dec-19
When I drank a lot of vodka Frank, I was the toughest SOB in the world ! It works, just try it !

17-Dec-19
Looking forward to Pauls yard hopper thread. And with a tag still in my pocket and mid 40’s temps tomorrow...I’m going to chase white tails in the PM at my farm!

17-Dec-19
Don,. I guess I was focused on the word "sipping", lol.

17-Dec-19
Got my ID elk tags already. Prepping For MT and AZ draw.

Pig selfbows hunts up coming in south.

K

17-Dec-19
It's ice fishing season now, which leads right into AZ Coues hunting which finishes right in time to ice fish (sight fishing!) a little more before going to Chile to fly fish for monster browns which leads right into tailwater nymphing for football rainbows before turkey season starts, which trickles over into walleyes, then big spring rainbows, then smallmouths and mountain biking and backpacking and camping amd scouting and mushroom hunting, and pretty soon it will be next Christmas and we'll be planning another Bowsite Hooters party....

I've heard some people go to renaissance festivals and food fairs and walkathons and corn mazes and such, but I don't know anything about that crap.

17-Dec-19
Still a few days in MN to put some venison in the freezer. Weather looks balmy after last Sunday morning. -10 tests the cold weather gear. Definitely don’t need to worry about spoilage.

17-Dec-19
I thought about the elk tag I’m gonna draw and where I’m gonna hunt today and it was like a switch flipped. Instant elk mode!

17-Dec-19
Ice fishing and bunny hunting time!

18-Dec-19
Waterfowl for me! Then it’s ski season for the next 3.5 months!!

18-Dec-19
The bad news is it is a leap year so we have to wait an extra day for hunting season next year.

18-Dec-19

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
A lotta bird hunting left to be done. Then some skiing. Then spawning rainbows with a fly rod in March/April. Then the month of May in Florida chasing tarpon. Back home for more fly fishing action thru August. And before I know it, I'll be back in the woods chasing elk in September. Time truly does fly.

Matt

• Sitka Gear