GF 26-Dec-19
yooper89 26-Dec-19
Jaquomo 26-Dec-19
BOWNUT 26-Dec-19
BOHUNTER09 26-Dec-19
19-Dec-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Well, Christmas is almost here. Have you been good? Maybe a little naughty?

What’s on your Santa list this year?

Santa already brought my gift - and its fricken awesome.

19-Dec-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

19-Dec-19
I’m expecting a package on my porch today.... A new CVA Accura. (Not a bow...:-)

19-Dec-19
I’m not real sure what the lady has up her sleeve but for me Santa usually comes in the summer. He usually brings a NR elk tag and all the stuff I think I need to buy for the hunt. That works for me.

19-Dec-19
I've been naughty. My wife bought me a new bag for traveling toiletries because JTreeman made fun of the pink one I was using

I bought my wife and I the shared gift of front row seats to a Kathleen Madigan show in KC next month.

That's it. I may try to find some new Sitka on sale after the holidays, but that should be our Christmas.

I did buy my 6 year old a BB gun. . . I'm excited about that!

19-Dec-19
Gf has a stack of mystery presents for me, but I bought myself a Pnuma heated vest for my own early gift.

19-Dec-19
There's not many material things that I need or want. I'll just be happy with a nice meal and time spent with loved ones.

Matt

19-Dec-19
Jaq, I figured out you mean "girl friend". When I first read it I thought you meant GF that posts on here. I was laughing and thinking he was going to get you a rangefinder.

19-Dec-19
For me, the best gift would be for as many people as possible to receive the gift of the Christ into their lives, because we all need that more than ever. Celebrating his birth is all the gift I need for me, I hope that all others get what they want and need this Christmas. Blessed be!

19-Dec-19
I was fletching some arrows last night with my cheapo Bohning jig and realized that Santa needs to bring me a Bitz. I would also like him to bring me half a dozen VPA 125 grain three blade broadheads. A lone Wolf Hand Climber would be great too, but I think I'll be using my hockey coaching money for that.

19-Dec-19
Some alphaburly 1600s after my feet froze in my 400g boots in Michigan this year

19-Dec-19
^^ That too! His new nickname I have assigned him: DIINO - Donald Impeached In Name Only!

19-Dec-19
I'm with you Midwest. Although it won't be quite as much fun to watch this time, because they'll be expecting the loss next fall. They know it's coming. I'll bet they try to impeach him again. I think those bat-shit crazy bastards really mean it when they say "Never-Trump"!

19-Dec-19
Mrs. Claus told me what she wanted, so I told her what I wanted. (Mystery Ranch Mule, Coyote, Medium)!

And, what Nick said! ;^)

19-Dec-19
I want my future ex-wife to sign divorce papers so she and her lawyer would stop trying to bleed me dry!!!

100:1 says I don't get it. Bah Humbug!!!

19-Dec-19
I'm with midwest on that, too. Other than that, my kids to be happy and maybe a FL Furnace henley in fusion ; )

19-Dec-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Got my present early this year. Already had it out rifle hunting and on several ice-fishing outings. Even marked a couple hotspots on the lake! ;-)

Got “piece of mind” now and taking it every time I go “outdoors”!

19-Dec-19
Sous Vide cooker.

19-Dec-19
I have the week off between Christmas and New years so time spent with my family is my number one gift. I'll be small game hunting with my son and chasing deer in our second season with my recurve or the flint lock. Santa is good to me for sure!

19-Dec-19
I was planning to get myself a new tent for September but sadly I will be buying myself a CT scan for Christmas this year. Ms. Santa got tickets to Hamilton...

19-Dec-19
I want another Ric Anderson Marriah bow. (not likely to happen) oz

19-Dec-19

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Got mine Wednesday a week ago! Although not hunting related. I don't need anything, neither does the wife, so we got this together for the both of us.

19-Dec-19
I think that bowbender guy from Pa. wants a Subaru.

19-Dec-19

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I forgot until I saw Pecos pic. I got an early gift two weeks ago.

19-Dec-19
PECO, name him Max Scherzer.

19-Dec-19
Got to go on a Canadian spring bear hunt, and an Iowa deer hunt. Christmas came a little early this year! I also just ordered a custom Schafer Slivertip. Santa's going to be paying for that one for a long time!

19-Dec-19

Flynarrow's embedded Photo
Merry Christmas
Flynarrow's embedded Photo
Merry Christmas
Link, it looks like you and I got the same thing from Santa. Mine showed up a couple months ago.

19-Dec-19
If Santa was listening...there will be a new 3D deer target under the tree.

19-Dec-19
an archery superslam opportunity

19-Dec-19

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
Flynarrow he’s more pet than bird dog right now but I think he’ll be fine after he matures some.

19-Dec-19
Don't do what I did "Bake"! The year we bought a pellet gun for our son, the kids and I were sorting presents to put under the tree or take to Grandparent's houses and I handed our son the long narrow box and said, "Here, put your gun over in that pile"!! OOPS! Love those pups, just don't want to have to walk them everyday no matter what the weather....no yard at the townhome! I must have thought I was pretty good this year, as I've added some longbows to my bow rack!

19-Dec-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
My real present arrived early, complete with her own meat pack... whatever arrives under the tree next Wednesday is just the cherry atop the sundae.

19-Dec-19
Prolly a new 2019 1911 Springfield 5" with Olympic sights. They have a killer price on em right now. Recut lugs on barrel and trigger to 2lbs and its ready for the hip.

Sua Sponte

Kana~

19-Dec-19
"I think that bowbender guy from Pa. wants a Subaru."

Damn Skippy!!! I'd take and run right down to the Toyota dealer and use it for a trade on a Tacoma TRD Off-Road Pro!!

Little secret.... I had two Subarus. A 1974 2dr HB from 1979 until 1982 when it threw a rod. Then I had a 1984 4wd HB from 1984 until 1989. That was a nice little ride. Bought my first Toyota 4wd truck in '89 and never looked back.

19-Dec-19
You're gonna love it Brad. Santa brought me similar in September! All I want is time to go fishing now ;) Some by myself and some with my daughter. Mom never wants to come, but that's OK. She can have her time while we have ours ;)

19-Dec-19
Those were Pre Clinton Models. So no dead ARk citizens were shot dead in those!

K

19-Dec-19
Jaq, Jaq!

19-Dec-19
You guys with the pups are killing me....best present ever!

19-Dec-19
^^^^Good one, 12yards!! ;-)

19-Dec-19
Rowing machine ( I hope)... low impact way to keep my fat -azz in shape for this years sheep hunt!

19-Dec-19
Having started bowhunting in 1956 & a shop/lanes owner 1964 thru 82 I pretty much have whatever I have wanted or needed. NOW, that being said I have gifted for Christmas to those who shoot in the family (8 of us), Compounds, Dozens of arrows & Broadheads of their choice, a couple hunting trips (Son, Daughter & 1 G-son), releases, sights & so much more. NONE of my G-kids that have taken up the sport has had to buy "any" tackle. G-Pa is blessed to be able to do that, My non shooting g-kids over 10 to 17 get $50 cash + other little things they like. Yes, Christmas is expensive for us but then me being old, I want for nothing. Our 5 adult kids treat us well. We just got a quarter beef from one Daughter & another gets us $100 card for Texas roadhouse. We really ask them not to but they come through with things "we actually" use & enjoy. Our Christmas (wife & I) is thanking God for watching over us & a caring loving family. We have a family gathering at our home on Christmas eve so the kids can get their gifts and a full course meal (prepared by me mostly). We emphasize to our G-kids what Christmas is. Christmas is kinda year round when it comers to things for the kids & G-kids. Example, I see 3 of my kids (family of 6, family of 5 & family of 4) getting a trip to Mt Olympus water/Amusement park in the Dells this summer. 3 girls 11 & 13 getting a Movie & Dinner with G-Ma & then 3 seven year olds getting the same at a different time & G-pa pays. Older ones, who know, they do well through out the year. All the 14/15 & 16 yr olds say, cash G-pa, we need cash. Yes, I kinda spoil them but they never ask & are always thankful. I have plenty of stuff but I hope Santa is good to you all.

19-Dec-19
Very nice, John Law.

19-Dec-19
I got fat for Christmas, just what I asked for. Unfortunately I have to start returning it next week!

19-Dec-19
I got a new laptop bag. Not too exciting.

20-Dec-19
I'd love to find a Big Green Egg under the tree this year....

20-Dec-19
You too Brotsky? I'm at my winter weight. No one's fault but my own. I have no self control when sugar cookies are near me. . .

20-Dec-19
New tires on the CRV yesterday. Man does it ride nice!

20-Dec-19
To get over this brutal chest cold so I can get back to playing music. Had to cancel two shows already. New Years is a big payday for me, hopefully.

20-Dec-19
A couple of mild winter on Kodiak, please!

20-Dec-19
one word "Naughty"

20-Dec-19
A

20-Dec-19
Oh man that is a nice present cnelk. Looks pretty cool. I sure wish I had one. I would probably hurt myself.

No hunting gear for me this year on my list but I bought my son some Trophy Ridge React V5 sights. He will be super happy as he's been talking my ear off about them for a while now.

20-Dec-19

Heat's embedded Photo
Heat's embedded Photo
This guy

20-Dec-19
A Wyoming moose tag. Or Colorado or Utah...

20-Dec-19
Great looking pup Heat. This will be our first Christmas with our yellow lab as well. Enjoy!

20-Dec-19

GF's embedded Photo
Oh, yeah..., some new boots!
GF's embedded Photo
Oh, yeah..., some new boots!
GF's embedded Photo
Already have a couple bikes for the boys and me...
GF's embedded Photo
Already have a couple bikes for the boys and me...
I’m pretty good. All I need is about 4-5 bowstrings and a whole bunch of arrows. And some broadheads once I settle on a point weight.

21-Dec-19
You're gonna luv your Rad ~~ Brad!!

Myself, I got the Windriver movie lever action .45/70 cal. rifle as I have always wanted one since the movie came out!

Good luck, Robb

21-Dec-19
I bought myself a 48 inch bear supermag off of fleabay,53# ,nice compact little killer...

21-Dec-19
Great looking pups there.

I believe the Mrs. heard enough hints :)

Merry Christmas all!

21-Dec-19
Hey Cnelk, Nice purchase, you must have been good. I see some ice on the ground in that photo. Try to keep the battery as warm as you can (not always possible I know). Recently as temperatures have dropped some guys had noticed performance issues and they were worried the motor was not working correctly. But in each case it was due to the battery getting very cold and as soon as they needed the motor most there was no juice to power it. Enjoy

21-Dec-19
I want my kids to be kind to each other for a week. Having them 16 months apart seems a blessing at times and a violent curse at others. Got gum surgery this week which is the worsesesest present ever. I got my heated vest in the mail yesterday and decided to order one for my 80 year old father who still plays golf every day for his present.

May get a new truck by the end of the year for tax reasons if I can convince myself to take the time to do it.

21-Dec-19
On one of my adult son's list is a Max Pt Wyo elk tag that Santa must fund. I think Santa will have to dig a little deeper in his pocket for their elk tags this year. I cannot really complain because taking him ( them ) bowhunting every year is a very special present for me and I want for nothing material. Merry Christmas and good hunting to all.......Bob

22-Dec-19
I want that Archery Dezign place to get their draw boards back in stock for my LCA bow press. I moved recently and my DIY draw board didn’t make it!

22-Dec-19
A sheep tag would work. Even in a mediocre unit.

22-Dec-19
A sharps 45-70, with Soule tang sight. Remington Rolling Block 45-70 Or any big bore lever gun I don’t have

22-Dec-19
I'm Santa! I just ordered a Sea to Summit Ether light sleeping pad. I've had my Neoair for quite sometime and it's starting to leak some.

22-Dec-19
Sitka fanatic jacket

22-Dec-19
I put a nice set of Marathon seat covers on my Santa list. Kryptic camo would go nicely in my grey Silverado with black interior! We'll see if he comes through, fingers crossed.

22-Dec-19
Probably gift cards to hardware stores because my wife said I need more tools so I can start on our basement.

25-Dec-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Marlin Wind River movie 45/70 cal
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Marlin Wind River movie 45/70 cal
I got it yesterday and put a few shots thru it at the indoor 25 yard range just to get the feel of it...…….it does kick a little more than my recurve!! haha

25-Dec-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
It was on Sale so I just couldn't resist.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It was on Sale so I just couldn't resist.

25-Dec-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
4 x 15 x 50 scope I went back and forth; Silver or Earth, Silver of Earth...… I'm content
BULELK1's embedded Photo
4 x 15 x 50 scope I went back and forth; Silver or Earth, Silver of Earth...… I'm content

25-Dec-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
My home state has this Multi elk hunting tag now in the General/OTC units so I can bow, rifle then muzzy hunt but I can only harvest 1 Bull.

This .45/70 will be the ticket for thick timber still hunting thru it.

The lowest grain shell I could find was .325 grains, I can only imagine what the .425 grain shell's kick would be!!

Good luck, Robb

25-Dec-19
A new kifaru Stryker pack bag. And, a set complete set of DEWALT cordless tools. But, most important to me is the time with family.

25-Dec-19
Son built me a .458 SOCOM upper for my AR. Been asking Santa for one for years. More reloading ahead for the new year.

25-Dec-19
BullElk - that’s a crapload of scope on a brush-gun!! LOL

Those 325s sound like the “long range” ballistic-tip round, and JMO those aren’t Elk bullets. Standard 405 gr is basically a shotgun load. If you want to get kicked any harder than that, go with a hard-cast bullet and don’t look back. ;)

Actually, DO look back to the market hunting era when the Buffalo were wiped out by heavy slugs at BP velocities...

25-Dec-19
I had a 450 Marlin for a couple years. 350 grain slug at 2100 fps. Ported. It's the only rifle that would let your eyebrow know every squeeze of the trigger. After the stars cleared and your hearing came back you could go see if you hit what you were aiming at.

25-Dec-19

ESP's embedded Photo
ESP's embedded Photo

26-Dec-19
True that GF & RT

On 4 x and with the 50mm, I have a pretty dang good field of view and light gathering The scope on my 7mag is 3.5 x 12 x 50 and it's just fine in the dark timber but only a single shot.

Kinda like them Benoit (sp) brothers hunting Whitetails in the dark timber with their lever action canons! back in the day.

On the scope finish, it was almost split down the Age line; the younger--45 years old in flatty brim hats all went Earth, the older--45 and older said Silver...… Generational for sure.

Good luck, Robb

26-Dec-19
I dunno, Robb - if I owned that one, I think I’d go with a compact Scout or handgun scope in whatever they call the finish that matches the rifle...

26-Dec-19
Santa did well. A new range finder and some Alphaburly's. Can't hate it one bit.

26-Dec-19
Girlfriend bought us both a tactical rifle training course, which I thought was a pretty cool gift from a woman. But she has cooler guns than I do so I guess I'm not surprised. Now we'll be ready to fight off the snowflake liberals when they riot after Trump is reelected.. :-)

26-Dec-19
I got a Sous Vide. Can't wait to try it.

26-Dec-19
A new left knee come January 23. Should be okay by spring turkey season

• Sitka Gear