RK 20-Dec-19
RK 20-Dec-19
RK 20-Dec-19
RK 20-Dec-19
BIG BEAR 20-Dec-19
GF 21-Dec-19
Missouribreaks 21-Dec-19
20-Dec-19
If she’s going to keep the ban in place..... Then ban it statewide.... Not just in selective areas......

That would piss off the Yoopers to the point of civil disobedience..........

20-Dec-19
^it would have been a great move if the Gov was educated on the topic and not parroting the misguided DNR, QDMA and Farm Bureau talking points. If she was educated on it, she would be asking some of the same questions some of us are bringing up and those 3 orgs want to keep hidden or avoid talking about. The State Rep from Manton is the one who either wrote or sponsored the bill. I will be reaching out to her with some info.

From the glorious QDMA El Jefe'

Date:18 September 2019 To:Government Operations Committee From:Kip Adams, Director of Conservation Re:House Bill 4687

On behalf of the Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) I am writing to oppose House Bill 4687which would legalize baiting for white-tailed deer. The QDMA is a national nonprofit wildlife conservation organization dedicated to ensuring the future of white-tailed deer, wildlife habitat and our hunting heritage. The QDMA has over 60,000 members nationwide and our membership includes hunters, landowners and natural resource professionals. The QDMA defines baiting as the placement of food to concentrate wildlife (deer) for the purposes of hunting, trapping,or viewing.The QDMA opposes the expansion of baiting where not currently legal, and/or where chronic wasting disease (CWD)or other known diseases are present. For these reasons we urge you to oppose House Bill 4687,and thank you for your commitment to Michigan’s natural resources.

Respectfully,Kip Adams Director of Conservation

20-Dec-19
The Michigan baiting topic is so stale. We're on to Colorado wolves.

;-)

Matt

20-Dec-19
Matt, it's not stale if you live here and see how we ended up where we're at. Alot of folks are frustrated by it. It is a sore point for me as I and others have been vocal about this and MAPR's for quite a few years.

20-Dec-19
You sure that’s not “Part D’oh!”???

20-Dec-19
JTV supporting a Democratic Governor...... Laughing my ass off........!!!!! Who would have thought ????

20-Dec-19
JTV. No offense but she is still a Dem. and she is wrong. Like all dems

20-Dec-19
JTV. You know do little But it's your little so enjoy it

20-Dec-19
LOL. AWESOME MEME

JTV

If I had the desire I could refute all of your anti baiting list but it's not worth the time or effort and would not change any minds

Bait piles are totally foreign to me. Know nothing about them nor anyone that uses them. So the Term baiting means something totally different than what I am used to

20-Dec-19
Exactly

Have a Merry Christmas Jeff!

20-Dec-19

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
“Can’t kill a deer without the crap”........ Wrong. You’re full of crap dude.

21-Dec-19
“In fact, it’s having the opposite effect by driving hunters away from the sport.”

We all hunt for our own reasons, but deer hunting was popular enough when the herd was smaller and before baiting was legal. So blaming declining hunter numbers on a baiting ban is sort of, uhhhhh.....

Failing to come up with a polite expression that conveys the strength of my disagreement.

21-Dec-19
My private bait plots will be very, very effective without "baiting", too bad all you public land hunters. Read it and weep.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear