EmbryOklahoma 26-Dec-19
badbull 26-Dec-19
BULELK1 26-Dec-19
Zebrakiller 26-Dec-19
midwest 26-Dec-19
Beav 26-Dec-19
fastflight 26-Dec-19
24-Dec-19
Pry a weird question but I was just reading an elk hunt thread and ESP and GLP, who are father and son, were both posting. Got me to wondering if Bowsite has any other father/son posters.....Seems to me Charlie's son Matt has posted a time or two but I cant think of many more....Just thought it was pretty neat to have that happening....Lost my Dad a little over a year ago so posts with family spending time together really hits home these days. Everybody enjoy your Dads as we all know they arent around forever. Merry Christmas!!

24-Dec-19
Couple that come to mind. BB and codya from Utah, bighorn and mathewsman from Colorado, hunt man’s father posted here from time to time and another father & son from Nebraska that I can’t remember handles off the top of my head.

24-Dec-19
fastflight, this is an interesting thread for me as well. Your comments really hit home for me also because l have been taking my sons on Western biggame bowhunts for over 45 years. Still hanging in at 81 years but do not know for how many more. I can tell you that doing these hunts has been one of the smartest and most enjoyable things that I have ever done. The bowhunting memories are without equal as some come close to pure joy. Looking forward to these hunts keeps us bonded throughout the year and the hunts have helped to keep us close. I obviously post some on here and one son (BowmanCE) has also posted on occasion. Bowsite has been a great resource and continues to be enjoyable for me to share common interests with some great people.......Bob

24-Dec-19

Twinetickler's embedded Photo
Twinetickler's embedded Photo
My old man is Dikndirt, he has treated me to over 30 years of bow hunting adventures I could never repay him, we are still going strong. He posted a few bucks in the 30" buck thread. Here is one of a fairly recent hunt. Fun thread! We have been threatening for years to do a few hunt recaps, maybe next year! Merry Christmas to you all!

24-Dec-19
Bowdad and bowson

24-Dec-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Great thread, fastflight! I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. Keep the memories alive, and close at hand.

I’ve tried getting my dad to register here on Bowsite, but I think he just prefers to check in from time to time. Some of our favorite conversations begin with, “Did you see that thread on Bowsite?” He introduced me to archery and bowhunting at a very young age, and I’ll never be able to repay him enough for that. I hope he sees this thread....thank you dad!

24-Dec-19

Bowman CE's embedded Photo
Bowman CE's embedded Photo
I am the older son to Badbull Bob. I treasure our bowhunts together more than I can express. I am 53 years old and dad continues to plan and facilitate hunts for by brother and me. Since I was 12 years old we have never missed a year. We have tried deer, moose, elk and antelope. I attribute our close relationship much to our shared hunting passion and trips together. It has now extended to my kids, though not as regular with a bow for them. I think nothing can influence a family connection like the outdoors. I am blessed to learn from dad and spend time in the field with him.

24-Dec-19
My brother and I enjoy dad reading the Bowsite posts and sharing with us.

25-Dec-19
Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 2 weeks after christmas 8 years ago.

25-Dec-19

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
My son doesn't post much but is on the site.

25-Dec-19
Sorry for your loss as well, fastflight. Hopefully this thread triggers a lot of great memories you shared with your dad.

Tree line....you’re thinking of Beav and his son Zach from Nebraska. Not a son, but Brotsky and his daughter Kia, comes to mind as well.

Don’t think it’s been finalized yet, but I think Zackman was trying to adopt kota-man as his father. Does that count?? They already have the same last name.

25-Dec-19
My dad doesn’t post but he lurks! Sorry for your loss fastflight. Treasure every hunt with your father and your kids, you just never know when it might be the last one! Merry Christmas!

25-Dec-19
T-Roy...The adoption fell through as my wife would NOT, under any circumstances. sign the papers.

25-Dec-19

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
I was 38 in the top photo and now 66! Kids are now my age then!
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
I was 38 in the top photo and now 66! Kids are now my age then!
fastflight: I was fortunate my Dad got me into hunting and fishing. He’s been gone since 2006 but fortunately I can carry it on with the kids.

Took this photo this am where we duplicated a photo I took in 1991 (28 years ago) of Matt’s first archery deer. Came out pretty cool! Time flies, make memories! C

25-Dec-19
Not my dad but got my brother hooked many years ago!

25-Dec-19
I have no idea who my dad is. So I guess he could be on here.

25-Dec-19
You are probably beyond dealing with it by now Scrappy, maybe not, but that hit me when i read it, sad thought especially at Christmas time. My best to you.

25-Dec-19
Whocares it's all good, you cant miss something you never had.

25-Dec-19
That's good. Still hits me as I will share a bit among friends. My wife asked if I'd adopt her son Ryan(another story best left untold) when he was young in case something ever happened to her so she'd know he would be cared for. I did and wasn't long after she died in an accident and I raised him as a single parent from 10 on. He doesn't know who his Dad is but I do and told him so. But he said he doesn't want to meet him and I'm his only Dad. He's 31 now. Couldn't have a stronger bond. Sorry for burdening you guys with this kind of stuff but the season and Scappy's comment must have caused it. I'm as tough an sob and indepedent as they come, but...a little soft I guess!

26-Dec-19
Whocares... you're not soft, you're human. The good type.

26-Dec-19
Whocares? You do and you have my respect. My best to you and your son....badbull

26-Dec-19
Your a damn good man Whocares!

Good luck, Robb

26-Dec-19
My son and I are he never post on here, but he reads almost daily and we talk about many threads, Have met some great people on here.

26-Dec-19
A really good man Who cares!

26-Dec-19
Kelly's dad posts on here quite often now.

26-Dec-19
Yes my son and I both thoroughly enjoy bowsite.

26-Dec-19
I just wanted to follow up on my original post and say thank you to everybody that commented on my father's passing. I miss him daily but I think I realize even more now how much he influenced the person I am and the hobbies I enjoy. THANKS DAD!!!!............A few other quick thoughts. 1. Bad bull still planning hunts at 81 is really cool. 2. Zackman and Kotaman comments are too funny. 3. Charlie's pic recreation was a great idea that I am going to steal. 4. Who cares is an awesome guy. 5. Although uncommon, bowsite has more father/son posters than I had imagined.

• Sitka Gear