SBH 13-Feb-20
Sawpilot75 14-Feb-20
Teeton 14-Feb-20
JTreeman 14-Feb-20
Teeton 14-Feb-20
ki-ke 15-Feb-20
24-Jan-20
To all Bowsiters:

I am NOT trying to derail Shugs thread in any way. I like his idea and it gave me a new one, even though I don’t have anything cool like Shug has to offer.

I’ve seen several threads on this site where guys have paid for non members to join, and it is a great idea in support of a great club. I have also seen other threads where individuals don’t care about score and won’t pay to enter their animals for various reasons. I am an official measurer, and a club member, so here is my offer:

If any non member has an animal that they think will make the minimum entry score, I will measure the animal, pay for their first entry, and pay for their first year of membership. It can be any species.

24-Jan-20
that's a great offer!

24-Jan-20
Thanks Jack. I hope someone takes me up on it.

24-Jan-20
Way to go Matt! Thanks for your support of Pope and Young and thanks for taking the time to be a measurer!

24-Jan-20
Thanks Brotsky. I live for this chit!

24-Jan-20
Great deal!

24-Jan-20
Super offer, thx!

24-Jan-20

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo
I shot this whitetail I believe would make P&Y. I'll take you up on your offer if possible Thanks Ron

24-Jan-20
Thumbs up!

24-Jan-20
Sweet! Congratulations on a great buck 4406v! Looking forward to having you in The Club!

24-Jan-20
Great deer! Let us know what he scores Molson!

24-Jan-20
Ron, I believe you are right and that deer should absolutely get you club member status! Congrats on the awesome buck. I will send a PM so we can work out the details.

24-Jan-20
SBH, as long as the owner is ok with it, I absolutely wil!

24-Jan-20
If the president of P&Y will publicly state that he supports baiting for deer where it is legal...... I will join.........

He doesn’t have to like it. He doesn’t have to practice it..... He simply should express his support for it where it is legal. His organization accepts deer killed over bait into it’s record books.

25-Jan-20
Great gesture

26-Jan-20
Big Bear, take that crap somewhere else. Start your own baiting thread. No place for it here.

Thanks again Matt! Awesome gesture!

26-Jan-20
Lol, tell us how you Really feel!

29-Jan-20
I will be glad to share the score after Matt scores my deer. Thanks to Matt for the generous offer. Looking forward to meeting you. Ron

29-Jan-20
Anyone else interested?

Another generous bowsiter, not a measurer, agreed to pay for a second individual to join and have their animal entered!

29-Jan-20
I think that’s a very generous offer in support for an organization that you’re obviously passionate about. Speaking for myself only, I’m simply not interested in joining. I don’t even know what most of my animals score unless a taxidermist scores them without me asking, which has happened a few times. I have nothing against the organization, no axe to grind, I just have no interest in record books or record keeping. Good luck in your quest.

29-Jan-20

Brotsky's Link
Don, PnY is about a lot more than records and record keeping. That is only one function of the club. Pope and Young is about promoting bowhunting, bowhunting education, and conservation while preserving our bowhunting heritage. I encourage you to visit the club's website to learn more. There's frankly no better $40 you can spend for the future of bowhunting. Thanks!

29-Jan-20
"I don’t even know what most of my animals score unless a taxidermist scores them without me asking"

Post some of your bow killed animals on here, Don, we can get within a few inches. Plus I'm curious to what East Texas grows nowadays. :)

09-Feb-20
Update

I met Ron today to measure 2 of his deer. Both were close, but neither qualified. My offer is still good, as well as a sponsor for a second individual.

10-Feb-20
Thanks to Matt for taking the time to measure my deer. Final tally was 127-2/8 gross and 122-4/8 net.

11-Feb-20

Sawpilot75's embedded Photo
I will take you up on this offer if it still stands. I have bowhunted since the late 80’s and am currently a active PBS member but I have never been a P&Y member. I have some great animals but I just lay low. Here are couple. Thanks for the offer. Either way I need to become a member. If anything else just to get my two young sons and other youth in my area involved. Our future depends on the involvement of our next generation.

11-Feb-20

Another.

11-Feb-20

11-Feb-20

11-Feb-20
I have a few more but these are a couple examples. I have never scored any of my animals but maybe I should consider it.

11-Feb-20
Great bucks Sawpilot75! Thanks for paying it forward with our youth!

The future of our one national bowhunting club depends of forward thinking people like yourself.....getting our future leaders involved in P&Y today!

Nicely done, Mark

11-Feb-20
Yes indeed. It’s about the “next” not us. Congrats on the fine animals.

11-Feb-20
Sawpilot

Im in, lets do this! Some great bucks you have there!

11-Feb-20
Can u buy me a tag so I can possibly kill a PY critter? ??

13-Feb-20
Outstanding... Thanks Matt for doing what you do. Ed F

13-Feb-20
Very cool all around. I love that 125” minimum score. Any deer that makes p/y is a stud in my world. Ron, that’s still a great deer! Congrats. Just goes to show what a legit scored 125” or better deer is. They are pretty impressive. You can be a member either way for what it’s worth.

14-Feb-20
Matt and I had a nice phone conversation and he has offered to come to our home and measure several of my Whitetails. It just goes to show the quality of people here on Bowsite and the type of guys and gals we have in our Bowhunting community.

14-Feb-20
I would like to become a measurer. Here in my part of Pa I know of none. Been thinking about it for a long time. I think what's held me back from doing it has been not the time measuring stuff for folks, but the time it takes to learn to do it.

14-Feb-20

JTreeman's Link
Ed, there seems to be a lot of measures in PA, obviously I don’t know what part of the state you are in. And certainly would not discourage you from becoming one, just sayin.

For those looking for a measurer in your area see the link above.

—Jim

14-Feb-20
Jim I live in Northeast Pa, north east of Scranton. Closest is about 2½ hours away. As far as I can tell. Even when I hit Ny, none of the towns are familiar . Ed

15-Feb-20
Teeton

Shug is about 1-1/2 hours from Scranton. He doesn’t mind driving, especially now since he’s retired from him high income position in the fashion industry.

• Sitka Gear