ironhunter 18-Feb-20
Trophyhill 18-Feb-20
WapitiBob 18-Feb-20
SDHNTR(home) 18-Feb-20
Elkslaya 18-Feb-20
PECO 19-Feb-20
lawdy 19-Feb-20
17-Feb-20
I need a recommendation for a gas can that does not leak, and easy to use. Money is no object. I am over leaky, cheap gas cans. Looking for a 5 gal size for generator, ATV, and to just carry spare fuel.

17-Feb-20
One of the square ones with the flexible nozzles

17-Feb-20
The one I have, as you describe, leaks.

17-Feb-20
Get a MotoCross gas can. Won’t be cheap but will be good.

17-Feb-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Like this

17-Feb-20
See above. That's the last non EPA can you can buy. Get 2.

17-Feb-20
I always laugh at the stupidity of the new eco-friendly gas cans. No more fumes leaking out except for the 10oz that pours all over the ground trying to use those ridiculous spouts.

17-Feb-20

Coyote 65's embedded Photo
Coyote 65's embedded Photo
Go to Harbor Freight and get yourself a battery powered gas pump beats struggling with lifting and spilling. Of course you can spend more at other vendors, but they all work the same.

Terry

17-Feb-20
I bought a flex spout/breather conversion kit for those stupid California gas cans, and it works great.

17-Feb-20
I have never had a problem with a jerry can. They seemed to have worked well for the military. "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it !"

17-Feb-20

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo
Wasn't sure about this one, but it has grown on me. No leaks unless you hold on to the release for too long cuz it doesn't stop flowing right when you release the handle.

17-Feb-20

Jethro's embedded Photo
Jethro's embedded Photo
Forget plastic. Justrite metal can.

17-Feb-20
Whatever you do, do NOT get one of the "Old Man" gas cans. That's the kind where you're holding up 5 gallons of fuel and it's coming out in a damn trickle while dripping/leaking all over the place and it takes FOREVER to empty it! And when you're done you have gas on your shoes, hands, and pants!

17-Feb-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
You can retrofit one of these on one of those idiotic libtard “green” cans.

17-Feb-20
Now THAT'S what I call a gas can!!!!

17-Feb-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Holy smokes! No idea where that pic came from, or who the guy is! Heck of a cat, though!

Let’s try it again

18-Feb-20
I needed a damn college degree to get gas out of the last Obama friendly version they forced on me. Bunch of damn morons have somehow made pouring gas out of a container borderline impossible. Pat your post is spot on! Man that thing pissed me off. Glad I’m not the only one out there.

18-Feb-20
Jethro has it right. I've tried them all. The safety cans are far and above the rest.

18-Feb-20
Half of the "spill proof" nozzle broke off and now resides somewhere in the tank of our 1969 Farmall. Ace hardware sells the "repair" nozzles for normal, old style plastic cans but they fit the new ones. Not that I would ever change all of mine out...

18-Feb-20
Hands down winner is the Surecan!

I've got 4 of them; 2 - 2 1/2 gallon and 2-5gallon.

Enjoy,

Robb

18-Feb-20
I would like for someone to explain to me how a gas can that takes 10 minutes to pour while leaking volatile fuel all over a hot engine, the front of my pants and onto my shoes is a "safety" can.

18-Feb-20
t-roy, holy heck, can you imagine the fur flying when a couple of those get in a cat fight! Good post though, even in unintentional, its the closest thing to archery this thread has in it. :)

18-Feb-20
https://www.zoro.com/eagle-type-i-safety-can-5-gal-red-ui50fs/i/G1351025/feature-product?gclid=Cj0KCQiAs67yBRC7ARIsAF49CdXDMrgHD_abn48lCrSthoDgmFUPWugB5J9j1jwGlOcQepLNvBkd8dAaAiTUEALw_wcB

I use these and they are pretty nice. tightly sealing metal can with a plastic spout that attaches to the can.

18-Feb-20
Check out the No spill gas can. The only downside I find is that when it gets cold out if you have mostly fumes in the can it will collapse some and deform itself. It really is a no spill solution

18-Feb-20
Until I was able to find the old style nozzles that Glunt referenced, I was at the point where when I bought a new can I'd use the Algore unusable nozzle for a CAP only, and when I poured fuel out of it I'd just use a funnel, or in the case of a machine with a fairly large fill hole just pour it in free hand. At least that way I could get the 5 gallons in before I had to eat again!

18-Feb-20
The Eagle brand cans are good. I have 2 that I just got for Christmas. I finally was fed up with the plastics. I don't have the plastic pour funnel model though. Just the stainless nozzle.

The Justrite brand is what I have at work. They have held up extremely well with a whole crew of guys using them. Gotta be 10 years we're using them now. Can't remember exactly when we started, but its been a while.

18-Feb-20

Smtn10PT's embedded Photo
Smtn10PT's embedded Photo
Since I cant add this to my original post

18-Feb-20
Trapper, come on. Maybe you don't use gas for bow hunting but I do, for a while until I get that e-bike.

18-Feb-20
For those of you who have used the Safety or Justrite can, and a Motorcross type, which do you prefer?

18-Feb-20
"Holy smokes! No idea where that pic came from, or who the guy is! Heck of a cat, though!"

It could've been worse, t-roy. Remember the fella from Montana that rarely posts photos and the time he did, it was a nude transvestite with it's A-- in the air. Yikes.

18-Feb-20
Uuuhhh, ugly visual Embry... PECO, no I usually just walk out the back door to hunt. ;)

It did give me a idea for a 3D shoot though. Red plastic gas can with a couple inches of gas in the bottom, shot with flaming arrow at 100 yds. That would be fun!

18-Feb-20
Another vote for the metal Safety cans. We are required to use color coded, metal cans in the industry I work in and the Safety cans are well built, easy to use and tough as the day is long. Pricey but in this case, you actually get what you pay for.

18-Feb-20

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Or just you all do yourselves a favour and never worry about pouring again.

With a self-start siphon hose that pours 3 gallons/minute you don't need to worry about any of that crap. I love em. If you can afford the $9. It sucks right down to the last drop, and you don't need to lift and pour. Just give it a couple jiggles and put the tube where you want the gas to go. Only lifting required is bring the gas can to where you need to fill.

18-Feb-20
I have a siphon hose that works great. However, I still need a can that will not leak when transporting fuel to and fro. I don't fill them all the way either.

18-Feb-20

danny.a's embedded Photo
danny.a's embedded Photo

danny.a's Link
hi priced but work well

18-Feb-20
EmbryOklahoma.........it wasn’t “The Ranch Fairy”, was it??!!

18-Feb-20
“ Not good on a rear end collision though”

Are you talking about the Ranch Fairy and the transvestite still?

18-Feb-20
"EmbryOklahoma.........it wasn’t “The Ranch Fairy”, was it??!!"

I don't know, but I do know Treeman still has the screen shot of it. Jim, send that pic to Troy. LOL

18-Feb-20
That’s ok....I’ll take your word for it!!!

18-Feb-20
Rotopax are great fuel storage containers...and they offer mounting and locking options for their products that are very secure for off road travel. Kevin

18-Feb-20
Last I checked, Canada was still selling the non-California gas cans. I had someone grab a handful of them on their last trip up to Alaska a few years ago.

18-Feb-20
Buddy brought his justrite can last year to Wyoming. After a 60 minute rough ride to camp the can had leak all through the carpeted bed liner of his truck, on tent, chair bags and clothing bags. Not cool. No idea what can I would buy at this point.

18-Feb-20
Pat , you have Don jr. #. Maybe have him put a bug in Dads ear...I think it would be a great de-reg that might even get some votes!Every blue collar man in the country hates those new cans!!!

18-Feb-20

Buffalo1's Link
Link to jerry cans/ spout, etc.

18-Feb-20
Racing /motocross fuel can.... reasonable in price ...o ring sealed cap...several colors available for different fuel types...Used em for many years transporting fuel along with race cars...they dont leak...Typically 5 g in size...I preferred the square shape as they are more stabile in transport..Some places have em in smaller than 5 g....Most racing parts places carry them...

18-Feb-20
I've been using the Justrite Safety Cans for years on my construction sites. Both the red for gasoline and the yellow for diesel. OSHA approved and the safest cans we've ever used bar none. If you buy them and have to assemble, you tighten evenly against the gasket and careful not to over tighten. It's not rocket science. The safety cans with the yellow funnels that fit over the mouth WILL at some point leak. But the ones with the spout like Jethro showed are the shiznit of fuel cans. The plastic cans are junk and you are asking for trouble. If not right away, sooner or later you will have issues with them.

18-Feb-20
Reading this reminds me of my mother telling me how hard it was to program the vcr.

18-Feb-20
Take the gas can of whatever type and lift it up onto the roof of your truck. Then use one of those jiggle siphon hoses. Stick the jiggle valve in the can and the other end in your fuel filler port. Jiggle a few times and done.

18-Feb-20
WB, She told you how to wipe your azz and tie your shoes too no? What’s your point?

19-Feb-20
WB what is, your point?

19-Feb-20
I use a Eagle can with chainsaw gas that I carry on a skidder. Rough ride and never leaks. I use a tank with a hand pump that sits in my pickup bed for off road diesel.

• Sitka Gear