elkmo 01-Mar-20
BowFly 01-Mar-20
Bou'bound 01-Mar-20
Bou'bound 01-Mar-20
BowFly 01-Mar-20
Dakota 01-Mar-20
MtnHunter 01-Mar-20
19-Feb-20
I just got a great offer on the classifieds. I had a Kuiu set on sale for $425 and I got someone interested in it. They asked what the bottomline price was and said they wanted it and would pay with cashiers check and would even pick it up from me so I would save shipping. Sounded pretty good................

Gotta love a deal, but it seemed a little suspicious so I told him the price had increased from the $425 advertised to $5,000. I figured he would not be interested at the slightly increased price, but lo and behold he sent back this note!

"I really would like to buy the KUIU NEW FULL 3 PIECE GUIDE SET and As for the payment I will be issuing you out check that you can cash instantly plus I will get a private shipping agent who will come pick up in your location after check is received by you. My shipper ships Auto's as his specialization and right now he is out of town for some pick up and can't be located at the moment, so in order for there not to be any delay in this purchase I would be sending both you and my shipping agent money with extra fees for insurances together on the check that will be sent to you. when you get it deduct yours $5,000 and send the rest to the shipping agent wherever he may be, that's when I must have located him and let you know where to send it so he can use it to get down to your place for the pick up. I will need your Full Name, Full Mailing Address and Cell Phone Number so as to send out payment today."

The dude is going to pay me the whole $5,000 and I was only hoping to get $425. I bet that would never happen with Sitka stuff!

This is the best.

19-Feb-20
Tell Habib that you got an offer for $9500 but you’ll take 10!

19-Feb-20
It boggles me that people actually fall for stuff like this. Happens to me with Craigslist ads all the time. And even with VRBO rental inquiries. Literally half the inquiries I receive when selling things are bogus offers similar to what you received.

19-Feb-20
Yep! I was selling a small collector remote control car on Craigslist, and a guy offered double what I was asking, and would send his "car shipper" to pick it up.

19-Feb-20
I'd never fall for that, I just get all my KUIU gear from a reputable guy in Nigeria. I think he is a prince over there too!!!!

19-Feb-20
I own a check cashing agency. You would not believe the fake cashiers check I see come in from people either falling for the above or hoping me or my employees will fall for it. Probably 2 a week all for a few thousand dollars. If you accept a check from someone for payment you can always call the bank that issued it. Give them the account number and routing number. They can tell you if it is a good check, if any stops or holds placed on check. Some banks will tell you if funds are available. If you deposit a check into your account even if the bank releases funds to you it can come back at a later date. I've seen checks charge back as long as two weeks after depositing them into my account and it is possible it can be much longer than that. Don't trust the information on check for the maker's information, name, address, telephone it can all be fake. Cashiers checks are either good as gold or complete fake. One call to the issuing bank will clear it up.

19-Feb-20
One more thing to add if you accept a money order from someone you will find a 1 800 number on back. Call it and use their automated system to verify it is still outstanding. I have seen only one fake money order and it was from the post office. I have seen them that have been stopped. Someone can have one issued call and report it lost, damaged, stolen. Then give it to you and have refunded issued to them. When you deposit it, it will come back for stop payment.

19-Feb-20
You guys are so negative! Show a little faith in our fellow man.

I took Mule's advice and sent this off to my buyer.

Dave, I apologize but the price has gone up due to demand from Mr. M. Power. He is willing to pay $9,500 so I will take $10,000 from you if interested. Kindly let me know. Thanks

19-Feb-20
Don't take any chances with a bad check. Give him your bank account number so he can direct deposit!

19-Feb-20
Bou- I have a bridge in NY I can sell you if interested...……………………………………. ;-)

19-Feb-20
Why don't they ever offer to send an envelope of cash???

19-Feb-20
Hey Bou I have some great deals going on Saskatchewan snow seal hunts right now. If you order in the next 10 minutes we’ll double the limit and downsize duration. Space is limited so don’t delay. You can PM me CC#.

19-Feb-20
I sell a lot of archery gear and it’s those scam responses that made me quit using bowsite classifieds,

19-Feb-20
Dave actually did me one better after contacting me about my classified item. I told him I would sell my Cabelas Stand Hunetr Extreme set for $340 and he said no he would go $500 as not to lose the item to someone else. He would send someone to pick it up and deliever the cashiers check in person. Nice guy that Mr. Stewart!! Doushbag!!! Shawn

19-Feb-20
Give the guy a break, tell him you’ll sell for $2500, in cash.

19-Feb-20
I fear I scared him off when I said Mule was going to pay 9,500 so the price to him went up to 10K. Damn it my greed got the best of me.

Mule, I will take your $9,500 offer if it's still good, man.

19-Feb-20
in all seriousness I have found the classifieds here to be a great resource for many many years. I don't know how many bows, accessories, optics, etc. I have sold and never had an issue nor did anyone receiving anything ever have an issue.

It is a fine place to go, just sniff out the scoundrels who occasionally pop up. The good news is they are so second rate it's not difficult to see the scam immediately.

Don't shy away from the classifieds they are a good resource on this site.

20-Feb-20
OK he got back with me and took Mule off the hook for the $9.500 and said he would go ahead and pay $10,000. That dude is really into used Kuiu it seems.

See note below....

"I am okay with the price for $10,000, I will need your Full Name, Full Mailing Address and Cell Phone Number so as to send out payment today."

20-Feb-20
I used to get those when I used the classified page or Craig’s list. I use eBay a lot and have never had a problem there. These guys are pretty funny sometimes though.

20-Feb-20
I'm gonna share this info with my wife. She will now see how all my KUIU is a great investment for us! Thanks Bou.

01-Mar-20
It’s getting more lucrative as time goes on. Now a response that they say is worth millions and I have not even begun to negotiate yet.

Sounds like my bow, which is not even a bow but was an ad for Broadheads from a year ago, is needed on some forest land. I don’t have a bow for sale now but for millions of dollars I will find one I can do without.

I’ll let you know when we consummate the deal and I have life changing wealth shower down upon me.

MORNING HAVE A BUSINESS PROPOSAL ON YOUR BOW AS MY INVESTOR WANT MANY OF THIS TYPE OF BOW FOR HIS FOREST LAND SHE JUST ACQUIRED.

IF YOU WILL AGREED TO BE OUR FOREIGN PARTNER IN THIS BUSINESS PROPOSAL WORTH MILLION OF DOLLARS

I AWAIT YOUR SWIFT RESPONSE

01-Mar-20
I would actually like to set up a meeting with one of these “shippers”. For, let’s say a Used washing machine.

That way the shipper would fit in the appropriate size box. For the return trip.

Unharmed of course

01-Mar-20
Unharmed goes without saying!

Return shipping via catapult should suffice.

Should probably go check my email. I got the same request as Grant's first for a bow I'm selling the other day, and coincidentally he too has agreed to by it for thousands with a "specialized shipper who can not be located at the moment."

01-Mar-20
I love craigslist! Amazing our specie was able to put a man on the moon. "Is it still available" "I need to check with my wife first" "Your asking $425 but I only brought $5" "I'll meet you at XX:XX time at XX location" ....never show After 50 text questions they vanish. Are they in prison and bored?

01-Mar-20
I wonder if this means we will be partners? Or perhaps we'll each have our own forests and be millionaires!

"MORNING HAVE A BUSINESS PROPOSAL ON YOUR BOW AS MY INVESTOR WANT MANY OF THIS TYPE OF BOW FOR HIS FOREST LAND SHE JUST ACQUIRED.

IF YOU WILL AGREED TO BE OUR FOREIGN PARTNER IN THIS BUSINESS PROPOSAL WORTH MILLION OF DOLLARS

I AWAIT YOUR SWIFT RESPONSE"

01-Mar-20
Bowfly that is the same one I got this morning so it looks like we may be partners in the same deal nice to meet you

01-Mar-20
Good point. It looked legit at first but the mid sentence gender change is a red flag. Nice catch Justin. I am not going to move forward. Just seems too sketchy.

01-Mar-20
3:50 this morning from "Bibi White." Not sure if it's the same as you but maybe they're sisters or brothers or sisters/brothers or something else! Gotta be legit due to their mastery of the English language!

Oh, happy day!

01-Mar-20
The best offer I ever got was they were going to send a money order but it was for too much and I was supposed to send the extra back.

01-Mar-20
I got this from a Mike Hank and Bibi White around 2am this morning. "MORNING HAVE A BUSINESS PROPOSAL ON YOUR BOW AS MY INVESTOR WANT MANY OF THIS TYPE OF BOW FOR HIS FOREST LAND SHE JUST ACQUIRED.

I AWAIT YOUR SWIFT RESPONSE"

• Sitka Gear