General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
deserthunter 29-Feb-20
SteveB 01-Mar-20
primitve 07-Mar-20
MQQSE 07-Mar-20
huntinelk 07-Mar-20
29-Feb-20
So the you are a idiot post got me thinking. So I googled back country communication and ran across this. Have heard anything on bowsite about it so thought I would stir the pot. Anyone use this one ?

01-Mar-20
Ive heard they work great. A bit of an overkill if you just want to check in. Unless you’re an outfitter providing signal for camp. Just the InReach mini is all you need.

07-Mar-20
I have one, they are very handy in the backcountry IF you need phone communication. You can text, call, and even post to Twitter if thats your thing. It connects to your phone and you can keep it outside and lay in your sleeping bag and communicate. I bought an inReach and I use it primarily. $78 per month unlimited texting, with the Iridium plan going for $350 for 300 minutes (in Canada). If you need phone and text you cannot beat the Iridium GO, and up to 5 can use it at the same time thru the wifi built in the unit. Hope this helps! If you need one let me know, I'll sell mine for a good price!

07-Mar-20
I have used one for years. I am so used to using my iPhone for everything that it made perfect sense to me to buy the IridiumGo. It never leaves my pack when I am in the mountains. I activate it for about 4-5 months a year and then shit the service down in the off season. You can also have multiple phones on it at one time. Meaning two people in camp can text or call off the same unit.

07-Mar-20
Can somebody send you a text of you haven't already texted them first?

• Sitka Gear