ND String Puller 01-Mar-20
montnatom 01-Mar-20
Mule Power 01-Mar-20
sbschindler 01-Mar-20
skull 01-Mar-20
Pop-r 02-Mar-20
HUNT MAN 03-Mar-20
01-Mar-20
biggest change no paper applications , and one application period for all big game

Hunters can apply for all special (limited draw) licenses and permits beginning March 1. That means deer, elk, antelope, moose, sheep, goat,

From Mt. Website.

:::::::::;, reminder:

2020 hunting and fishing licenses go on sale March 1.

Applications will now be done online or in person at an FWP office, general licenses can still be purchased at all license providers. Hunters can apply for all special (limited draw) licenses and permits beginning March 1. That means deer, elk, antelope, moose, sheep, goat, bison and your B licenses. Drawings will be completed two weeks after the deadlines, except for antelope, which will be drawn after biologist conduct summer monitoring flights. The deer and elk permit deadline is April 1. The moose, bison, sheep and goat deadline is May 1. The antelope, elk and deer B license deadline is June 1. You can keep an electronic version of your licenses on your smart phone. The only thing you legally need to have printed and in your possession is your carcass tag, which still needs to be validated and attached to the carcass. All licenses and carcass tags will be printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper. Reminder: FWP recommends all carcass tags to be kept in a small Ziploc-type plastic bag.

01-Mar-20
Has anybody applied yet? I hope they have it figured out but their track record from the last few years tells me they probably don't.

01-Mar-20
I bought my MT license this morning and got a one time email link to print carcass tags. When I clicked on the link it said the system says I already printed the tags. Geesh!

Also can't imagine how a plain paper carcass tag will survive in the field.

01-Mar-20
NM used printed out licenses and tags for a few years. They went back to mailed out tags. Lots of potential for cheating.

01-Mar-20
I can't wait to see how this grand experiment plays out. The game wardens are going to have a field day.

First strike against them? If you wanted to fish today (March 1) you couldn't buy your fishing license until this morning (March 1). They've always been available in February in the past.

And then we'll have situations like Tom ran into. What fun!

I buy a lot of tags. Carcass tags. I guess each one is to be kept in a ziploc baggie according to FWP. I'm going to need a bigger pack to hold 10 8"x10" printed carcass tags, plus I don't have a cell phone so there's another 8"x10" sheet of paper (if all that hooey even fits on an 8"x10" piece of paper) for fishing/general hunting license.

I'm going to design a file cabinet style backpack and sell the plans to KUIU, Kifaru, or Mystery Ranch. Will be retired next year!

01-Mar-20
Carcass tags on printer paper is going to be a real mess. I can't understand how the FWP thinks this is a good idea that is going to work.

01-Mar-20
Me thinks some gov't bean counter figured out the FWP could save a few bucks by going this route.

01-Mar-20
They fwp doesn’t care if it doesn’t wok it saves money from the printing of the special paper for the tags. It’s a money thing they don’t care about your inconvenience. Get used to having a few zip ties and quart plastic freezer bags with you. They’ve been doing this in Wisconsin a few years and it’s a pain. But again they don’t care the balls in our court. It saves them cash

01-Mar-20
We went to the "self printed" carcass tags last year. Lots of internet hand wringing but in the end they weren't much of an issue for most people. Our "tag" printed on about 1/3 of the sheet, roughly the same size as before. The only addl item was a snack size baggie to keep the paper dry and clean. It does seem odd that states can print all kinds of checks and other documents but tags are too expensive; maybe print the tags on check paper and leave it at that. The smartphone license was a good idea in my opinion as I always have it and didn't need to remember if it was in my kill kit or in my fishing tackle box.

01-Mar-20
The tag isnt a full sheet, just cut to size. If your worried about the paper, which is silly then print it on soft card stock. I dont see why this is so difficult

01-Mar-20
Use a freezer type bag the sandwich baggies will be destroyed with any type of handling. Many wardens here don’t let runny wet ink and wet paper fly as an excuse. Take 2 zip ties in case they ask you to open up your license and you have to cut the first one

01-Mar-20

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo

01-Mar-20
I had the paper part figured out but that is only a part of the problem. I paid for my licenses and they emailed me a one time link to print my carcass tags. When I go to the link it says the system thinks I already printed them. Emailed FWP, be interesting to see the response.

01-Mar-20
New system ? Montana? Oh Lord there’s no way those morons will get it right. Zero chance!

01-Mar-20
Right on Joe,,

01-Mar-20
Exactly the same system we have here in Ontario, not a good way to get you licenses, way too many things can go wrong

02-Mar-20
Terrible wording in that from FWP! If one didn't know the system then you could EASILY be misled by when the deadlines are. They are SO incompetent it's humourous!

03-Mar-20
I was able to go to the Fish wildlife and Parks office. 10 minutes later I was walking out with all my tags and everything applied for in one shot. I like that I was able to ply for everything at one time and be done. I am not excited about the half a notebook of paper that I have in my tag holder. Hunt

• Sitka Gear