kevin3006 29-Mar-20
kscowboy 29-Mar-20
BOHNTR 29-Mar-20
sticksender 29-Mar-20
ki-ke 29-Mar-20
deerhaven 29-Mar-20
16-Mar-20

Brotsky's Link
The Annual Convention is the Club’s primary fund raiser for the year, and provides much-needed funds for conservation, education, and outreach efforts. 100% of the funds from the Live Auction go directly to the P&Y Club Conservation, Education, and Outreach Program. This fund benefits programs like wildlife research, education, pro-bowhunting activities, partnerships, wildlife conservation projects, and youth programs. With this in mind, the club has decided to move forward with their scheduled "LIVE AUCTION," as an ONLINE AUCTION for the hunts generously donated to the Virginia Convention. Please see the link above. Bid it up guys!

16-Mar-20
Wow! I could be in trouble....

16-Mar-20
There are some incredible hunts offered!

17-Mar-20
I have a few in my sights... Ed F

17-Mar-20

Adrenaline Russ's embedded Photo
Adrenaline Russ's embedded Photo
We have a hunt up for auction. If anyone has any questions or would like more details on the hunt itself, please contact me.

Here's a picture of last year's P/Y auction winner!

Russ/Shelley Mehling - Adrenaline Outfitters Ltd.

17-Mar-20
Thanks, Russ for your donation!

17-Mar-20
Who can field questions about the hunts? Lots of descriptions are lacking info.

17-Mar-20
I expect the P & Y office is pretty overwhelmed right now so my best advice would be to contact the outfitters directly.

17-Mar-20
Here’s a dumb question that I believe I know the answer to already.

Are all these hunts donated or does P&Y have to pay full/partial cost of them?

And is that the same for other non profits or is it based on the org?

17-Mar-20
Some are partially paid, some are fully donated.

17-Mar-20
What is the deadline for bids?

17-Mar-20
Dates? Tags? Like the New Mexico elk... land owner or draw tag?

17-Mar-20
Hey Jake, if you are on the auction site, and click on a specific hunt, there is a countdown clock that shows how much time left to bid.

17-Mar-20
P&Y is in the process of adding more details to the online hunt auction listing. Once that is complete, you will be able to see everything that is included or not included. We also encourage you to contact the outfitter to get more information if you think you might bid on one of the hunts.

On a normal auction, the outfitter would be at the convention and you could talk to them about the hunt before the auction. Since we don't have that luxury, please contact them if you are interested in the hunt.

This is new for us and we will figure out some things over the next 11 days so keep watching for updates.

Please don't call the office unless it's really important. Most problems can wait until things settle down a little.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

17-Mar-20
How do you find out if you have to do the hunts in 2020 ? I already have a hunt setup for this year. So how do I find out if you can do a winning hunt in 2021?? Thanks Ed EDIT Ok I didn't see post above till after I posted. I'm guessing I posted seconds after he did. So I guess I call the outfitter.

18-Mar-20
I've been informed that you should check with the P&Y office before calling the outfitter. Some outfitters have so much going on, they don't remember what they committed to do for the Club.

If you wait a couple of days, all of that information will be on the hunt auction website. Most hunts were for 20 or 21 but a few weren't so stay tuned.

18-Mar-20
Dates and tags are the big questions for me.

18-Mar-20
Thanks Jim, the above are some of the same questions I had and figured I'd get them answered at the show. The more info on the website, the easier it will be for the bidders to have confidence in bidding. Thanks!

19-Mar-20
Thanks for the link man.

Good luck, Robb

19-Mar-20
I was watching a few of the hunts but am also concerned about the lack of details. By the discussion above it looks like I’m not alone.

This is the kind of thing that seems a bit “nitpicky” but can really impact the overall success of the online auction. Many of the listed hunts are missing basic necessary information such as where the hunt takes place, when it must be taken, are licenses/tags included (is it a draw?). In general, for most of the hunts listed it is very fuzzy about what is included and what’s not.

Hopefully, P&Y can get this fixed prior to the auction. But I’m not sure about changing descriptions once the item has bids on it.

28-Mar-20
Today is the day! Lots of info added to these hunts. Some GREAT deals right now.....a good time to bid.

28-Mar-20
Looks like a pretty good hunt lineup

28-Mar-20
Do you have to be a member to bid?

28-Mar-20
Dont see alot of info added. Lots with no tag info.

28-Mar-20
Anyone can bid. You don't have to be a member. The auction will live stream from the onlinehuntauction.com website so there should be more detailed descriptions before each auction.

28-Mar-20
If you have a question on a specific hunt, I'll try to find out and post ASAP

28-Mar-20
The auction started earlier than what was advertised on www.onlinehuntingauction.com. I checked the online auction countdown clock at noon and it said 6 hours to go so I figured it started at 6 pm est, 3 pm pst. When I went on to bid at 5:50 pm they were already on hunt 20. Missed the one hunt I wanted. I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

28-Mar-20
Set an alert for the acution pre start time, log in and they are done early....wtf

28-Mar-20
Me to. I logged on 10 mins before start time and it was half over.....

28-Mar-20
Watched the whole thing. Is it just me or did most of those hunts go for a lot less than they normally would? A sign of the times with this Covid issue?

28-Mar-20
Well that really sucks. I never noticed an issue with it so I don't even know what to say.

I'm really sorry this happened.

28-Mar-20
I bid early on the barren ground caribou hunt. Went for a good deal, just more than I felt comfortable spending with another hunt coming up. Best of luck to the winner!

28-Mar-20
Historically, the P&Y live auction brings more per hunt than any other fundraising auction that I've attended. The totals were down a little on some, up on others. Overall, I'm sure it generated less than it would have as a live event in Virginia but I think it did amazing, considering the circumstances. There were a few good deals but most sold very well.

Thank you to all who participated. The Club really needed the support.

28-Mar-20
"Watched the whole thing. Is it just me or did most of those hunts go for a lot less than they normally would? A sign of the times with this Covid issue?"

Or maybe it was because the auction was run earlier than some people thought, so there were fewer bidders. That is unfortunate for all involved (other than the winning bidders).

28-Mar-20
Some might have fetched more if it didnt start early.

28-Mar-20
I just assumed it would be tonight as most auctions normally are. I didn’t even have time to drink some budding courage. I should have paid attention.

28-Mar-20
I was extremely disappointed and upset that it started early! I had 4 max bids put in figuring I’d buy at minimum 1 hunt but probably two. I logged in at what I thought was 10 minutes prior to start and 3/4 were already sold! What the hell????

I would’ve upped my bid on several had I been able....bummer for me and the club!

28-Mar-20
Hmmm, well poop :(

28-Mar-20
Are the winning bids posted anywhere?

28-Mar-20
I logged in at 5 EDST it started at 4 CDST first auction was up ,it was advertised at 4 CDST

28-Mar-20

JL's Link
I was looking at the national map of where other auctions are being held. For Canadian hunt auctions this year, any idea how that will work if the border is still closed and the winner can't cross the border?

28-Mar-20
That auction company is notorious for ending and starting auctions at wildly different times than advertised. They also send you emails after you won things saying they sold it to someone else, etc. etc. etc. They pretty much SUCK!

28-Mar-20
I had set alarm on my phone for 15 minutes before the countdown ended for every hunt I was interested in. When I logged they were all sold.

28-Mar-20
Let a few hunts go that I should have pushed harder for. Thier were some deals that I’ll never have a chance at again. Should have left my wife do the bidding!!!!!

29-Mar-20
Had no problems and watched the auction from start to finish.

29-Mar-20
What did the Stone hunt go for? Thanks.

29-Mar-20
Stone sheep hunt went for $35,500

29-Mar-20
29-Mar-20
Looks as though there were some bargains to have been had! The SA hunts, Argentina stag and even a few of the NA hunts were great deals! Hope the club fared well....

29-Mar-20
I also hope the club did ok. Definitely had some huge hurdles to overcome for trying to do something new. I personally think it was made worse by the poor support from a high percentage of the membership. It weirdly seemed like some almost wanted to see the idea of an annual event fail.

With the help of my wife I was able to view the auction and for me it started at shortly after 4pm CST and went in a timely fashion right up until the end. The video window slowed a few times while it caught up downloading but the bidding was in real-time for the whole auction.

• Sitka Gear