Rickm 25-Feb-21
midwest 25-Feb-21
Fuzzy 26-Feb-21
WV Mountaineer 26-Feb-21
Fuzzy 28-Feb-21
itshot 28-Feb-21
Mint 01-Mar-21
20-Mar-20
More than 2,000 retired medical personnel have volunteered to come back to work in New York to help in the Covid-19 crisis. It takes a lot of guts to do so knowing you are in the group that faces the highest risk of mortality. Our prayers should be with them.

20-Mar-20
They will reach out for more publically soon.

Fare the well.

K~

20-Mar-20
Character is defined in times of power and crisis. This shows some great character

20-Mar-20
Ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Everyday heroes

20-Mar-20
Good people for sure. We need all the hands we can get at this point. Things got western by me this past week and i cant see it letting up anytime soon. Been working pretty much non stop since last sunday. At this point there is a enough holes that you can plug yourself in 24/7

20-Mar-20
This is going to get worse before it gets better, and it will take the best of us to get us through the worst of it. God bless all of those that put themselves in harms way on purpose to help the cause.

20-Mar-20
Trial? Don't get it.

20-Mar-20
Its not an if but a when and how bad question. I pretty much resigned to that

20-Mar-20
Mebbeso, but it’ll go a lot easier on EVERYBODY if the curve on the caseload is kept low & slow; that way, there’ll be adequate resources for those who get really sick, and maybe we’ll even get lucky and see the average person exposed being hit with a lighter “dose” of the little beggars...

It’s sorta like the kids at CU who trot Ralphie around the field after a touchdown; we may not be able to actually control this thing, but if we can slow it down a bit, and guide it a little, we may just make it around the field with getting stomped, and we’ll all be better off for it....

20-Mar-20
This gives me hope.

21-Mar-20
Thanks for posting this topic Larry. Always lifts me up to see true courage and selflessness in action. What a powerful example.

21-Mar-20
bless those who are blessing to others

21-Mar-20
I work in NY in a nursing home, we have had 8 residents tested for the virus. I have been at work everyday. My wife was tested for the virus on Friday so I am I am on self quarintine at home until we recieve her results. These health care workers on the front lines are all heroes, everyone of them are taking care of our loved ones when we can not!! I Thank everyone of them!! Shawn

21-Mar-20
Amazing people to do that. My wife is on the front lines as a provider as well. It's scary as hell to see her walk out the door with scrubs on knowing she's had 1 N95 for days now.

People need to do the right thing for all of America, and humanity in general and stay in their house. This is going to be really really hard no matter how we get through it... But if we all support each other, by staying home, we can get ahead.

21-Mar-20
Unfortunately I am going to get tested today. Cough and fever. I just hope to God that I didn't spread it to my mother and mother-in-law. Its can be a death sentence for the elderly...

21-Mar-20
BJ, good luck and well wishes

21-Mar-20
My son's buddy, who he shared a bottle with last week - tested positive. Now my son is in mandatory quarantine. Thank goodness he's living in an off-campus apartment. My father in law lives with us. He has COPD and can barely breath. He will be dead inside a week if he gets Covid-19. My thoughts and thanks go out to all of you who are on the front lines of this crap.

21-Mar-20
Pat, good luck to you and your family.

21-Mar-20
Pat. My thoughts are with you. My daughter is an ICU doctor on the west coast in the thick of it. She also has asthma so is especially concerned. Praying for all the caregivers

21-Mar-20
Nursing home workers and Nurses and doctors are the real heroes. A positive outcome from this is we turn away from artificial things and phony heroes. Actors and athletes

and realize who our real hero’s are.

23-Mar-20
Praying for you all Pat

24-Mar-20
looks like NYC and NY State aer getting hit hardest in the Country so far, anyone in the area please keep us posted how you are doing and what the situation looks like

24-Mar-20
My wife and I have both been life-flighted to hospitals with life-threatening conditions. So we have the UTMOST RESPECT for ALL first responders! Prayers go out to all those in harm's way.

Been getting alerts from the Red Cross about blood shortages, so I stopped to give blood on the way home from work yesterday. As long as you are not sick and do not have a fever, they are taking blood donations. Just a small way you can "give back"...……………………….

24-Mar-20
I talked to my sister a couple of hours ago. She is an ICU nurse at a small regional hospital. They have 25 icu beds and already have about 20 waiting with various issues. They currently only have 4 confirmed cases of Covid, but about 20 awaiting test results. It’s a bad situation, nurses are already exhausted and things are still heating up. Georgia crossed the 1000 “official” case number today.

Pray for the frontline workers!

24-Mar-20
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Before you go to this site I will warn you, it's depressing and very scary. You may have to click on things like country and then click on U.S, Canada or whatever you want to view.

We are already number 2 and should be in the lead within a couple weeks. A race I would just as soon we lost.

24-Mar-20
Gee, I heard it was all a hoax and “it’s just the flu and it’ll be over by summer.” All the smatters people assured me.

In all seriousness, please be careful, and stay home. The early narrative of “Just the old” isn’t holding true. Like in any war, intel is sketchy in a kinetic environment. It’s like our guys in France in WWII thinking they were fighting a weakened enemy and instead finding out they were fighting armored SS. Dig in!

24-Mar-20
If truckers decide to be safe and stay home we’re all screwed !!

25-Mar-20
My wife got her results back yesterday and she is negative!! I had to self quarintine with her and we are both fine. I work in Health Care and was cleared to return to work today. I live and work in the county with the second highest total of positive tests in NYS. It is pretty surreal, going out for the first time in a week I was amazed how pretty much everything looks abandoned. Other than grocers, liquor stores and a few food places doing deliveries or curbside pick up everything is closed. We have been instructed by Trinity Health our employer to prepare for things to get much worse in the next 10-14 days. It is hard to believe what is happening until you become part of it. Everyone, stay safe and please practice social distancing!! Shawn

25-Mar-20
Good news Shawn. Stay safe!!!

25-Mar-20
I see the trolls are active

26-Mar-20
Good news Shawn. It is bad here in NY. My son has one more week of quarantine and so far he’s fine.

26-Mar-20
Great to hear Shawn! Hang in there. Pat I pray your son remains well

Thanks to the front line!!

26-Mar-20
We're as ready as we can get up here in rural AK. We don't think we'll escape unscathed, but we're really happy that we at least had time to prepare unlike Italy and NYC.

Unfortunately, most of our Medical Staff live in the lower 48 and are not being allowed to come work without a 14 day quarantine first and so we're on bare bones for now. Working 7 days a week and it's only going to get worse once it finally makes it up here.

26-Mar-20
Things are getting more serious in NYC area at this point. Roughly 50% of the nations cases are in NY. At least one health care worker has died from the virus now, one hospital alone had 13 deaths in one day, they're using refrigerated trucks to store dead bodies, running out of supplies (saw a pic of health care workers in hospital wearing trash bags for PPE), and the hospitals are nearing capacity. And the numbers just keep climbing. It's been alarming to me to see so many that think this has been overblown and that there is so much overreaction. Well, anybody out there that's still not taking this seriously should start paying attention to what's going on in NYC. It's not the flu. It's not going away when the weather gets warm. Obviously, densities in NYC are the highest in the country but no matter where you live, we all still need to take every precaution possible to stop the spread. Stay safe. Protect or Infect.

26-Mar-20
I wouldnt say the wheels are flying off...i would say we are holding our own for now.

26-Mar-20
Medical workers are working with as much courage, resilience, and determination as any person could. My hat is off to them! Thank you. My family thanks you. Our country thanks you. Heros for sure. People have been given a second chance because of you.

26-Mar-20
Hats off to all the health care workers who are still fighting the good fight.

We're snowbirding at my brother's place here in FL. He works in a surgery center. One of the doctors there (young girl) came back from a cruise and went to work. My bro talked to her when she got back. She had to self-quarantine and get tested. Just found out she was negative. The bro is relieved....along with us.

One of my daughters back in MI is an RN. She is preggo with twins. They have some positive cases in her hospital. She works in ER but had to get moved to another wing in hopes of avoiding exposure. I do worry about her more so than us in FL. We'll pull thru this though....gotta keep the positive vibes going. Too much negativity in the media.

Speaking of FL.....there is growing resentment from the locals towards the NYC folks who are leaving to escape the city and coming down to FL. Some are bring the virus down with them. This was posted on our counties website yesterday. They provide the background on the positive cases.

"Mar. 25: A 53-year-old man who traveled from New York."

I was reading some of the comments on Yahoos news articles about the virus spread. There is growing resentment by many posters from across the country towards the NYC and NJ folks bailing out for other places. Here in FL, Broward and Dade Counties have a very high number of cases....the highest in the state. That is where many of the NYC/NJ folks head to or have family at.

26-Mar-20
Courage is being scared to death…and saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne

Working from home in western NY for the next 4 weeks. God bless the health care workers.

26-Mar-20
blessings and prayers for those helping

26-Mar-20
My wife got a negative test result yesterday and will be back on the front lines Saturday. We scoured the internet and found a respirator that will work with a face shield at a woodworking store - looked at mining, welding and woodworking places. Our buddy who works for OSHA assures us the filter is actually better than N95 durability wise and the same to slightly better particle wise... So she's going to wear that when doing work on respiratory patients, thus saving other masks and shields for colleagues. So weird to have done that - "Hey, honey, lets get a respirator mask so you can work a little safer since the clinic has next to no PPE". We've concocted a strategy involving her changing clothes a few times (1x at work, 1x in our garage) so that she can put her work gear in the wash with minimal odds of any virus making it into our house. I probably will sleep in one of the kids rooms for a few months too.

Her work has been decimated so far. One colleague is in the ICU. Many are out awaiting tests or less sick than the one poor guy. It's to the point, that the clinic she works for, which has several sites (6-7), is down to 2 because they cant staff adequately.

This is here in MA. I'm just really crossing my fingers that she will be ok, and that the bug wont come home with her.

On a positive, they have concluded that they cant have any respiratory patients even enter the clinic (they are a really busy and intense urgent care, CT scan's, infusions, ultrasound all on site and they do a lot of intense stuff vs "ear aches and sniffles"). So they have providers with a medical go outside and see folks for any respiratory issues whatsoever. Kinda crazy. But a lot better than having a waiting room full of folks with all sorts of crazy stuff sharing space with a possible COVID patient!

Wild times. Those of you in areas with minimal infections... CLAMP IT DOWN and do the physical distancing. Put the brakes on this thing before it takes off. Then you can use testing to ID positives and quarantine strategically... Letting things operate more freely.

Those of us in the NE, PacNW, NO area, CA, FL, PA, NJ, etc... We just have to physical distance to the best of our ability and hope is stalls out a bit, that our efforts are rewarded.

26-Mar-20
Praying for the healthcare people on the front lines.

26-Mar-20
Army has asked retirees in the healthcare MOS's if they would like to volunteer for service. Guess they don't need any old Huey crewchiefs.

Terry

26-Mar-20
The attached clip speaks to what's happening in NYC right now, and then some. I have no idea what qualifies Bill Gates to comment on this, and Brian Williams can always be counted on to push the anti-Trump, fake-news bias. But when Dr. Michael Osterholm talks about COVID-19, I listen, and what he had to say just grabbed me by the throat and squeezed. I hope he's wrong.

26-Mar-20

Busta'Ribs's Link
Sorry, here's the clip...

26-Mar-20

Trial153's Link
Same gentleman

26-Mar-20
Man, the worst is yet to come. Yikes! Back to work or relaxing social distancing by Easter...a terrible idea as per the Doc/expert in those videos. I can’t imagine our economy with a few more months of this.

26-Mar-20
If it weren't for New York, the U.S. would be entering a flat curve for Coronavirus right now...they have almost half the cases in the entire Country.

They are in Hell right now, no doubt...but it needs to be contained there. I can imagine, people trying to flee the City like rats as we speak...can't say I blame them.

Hats off to those retirees, they are real American Heroes!

26-Mar-20
Elk, new Orleans has the fastest growth rate of cases in the world... NY has most US cases... but it's a national issue for sure.

26-Mar-20
John there are a lot of things over the top on every side of this thing right now. Pointing them out wasnt the intent of this thread.

In any event we lost a lot of lives today and we are seeing more and more provides getting ill, wont be long till we loose a few of them as well. Yet they keep showing up to do their job and help people. I think that postive thing we all can get behind

26-Mar-20
It takes a true person of grit to go to work knowing that it is likely a question of when and not if, on something so unknown. I've always been a guy that thought people outside the military, didn't deserve recognition for the work they get paid to do. But, I can only imagine what it feels like to go to work and care for these infected people in highly impacted areas. At some point, the wear and fatigue these workers are no doubt experiencing, has got to make them more susceptible to this virus. God be with 'em in the name of Jesus Christ.

27-Mar-20
To my fellow hunters, I know this will piss a few folks off and I know that because I've done this a few thousand times, but seriously, today is a great day to quit smoking. If you smoke and you come in to my ER with the S hitting the fan, I give out a sigh once I find out you smoke because I know my job is that much harder and your outcome that much more grim. Want a better chance to survive just about anything? Quit smoking. It's never too late to do the right thing.

Consider having a silver lining come of this with you healthier on the other side.

27-Mar-20
^^^ +1

27-Mar-20
I live in the Poconos and lots of folks from NYC and northern NJ have vacation homes here. Lots of city folks are coming out here to the country during this "quarantine" period. Seems to be a lot of backlash. Can't really blame them, but our local officials are urging people to stay in NY/NJ and not potentially spread the virus. Even saw one of our local State Representatives on TV urging New Yorkers to stay away.

27-Mar-20
elkmtngear, let me get this straight, you think that if we took NY out of the equation the US would be entering a "flat curve" right now? Dude, you are completely clueless and have no idea what you are talking about. It's scary reading the boards out there and seeing the scores of dumbfounded dipshits and the stuff they are posting about whats happening in our great country right now. Obviously, NY has the highest number of cases, but taking those cases away doesn't change the fact that the numbers continue to increase all across the country every day. Look what's going on in New Orleans now. If you think this is just a NY thing, buckle up, because this is coming soon to a city near you. Referring to the struggling folks in NYC, with what they are going through right now, as fleeing "rats" might be the most insensitive thing I've read since this mess has started. In my first post on thread I stated "it would take the best of us to get us through the worst of this". That's playing out right now in NY, right before our eyes. But the best of us also have to deal with the worst of us too during these difficult times.

27-Mar-20
Modeling these things is not straightforward, of course, but you'd really have to make some wild assumptions to think we're "out of trouble". The virus was a Black Swan, and -- like they say -- "what comes around goes around" ... maybe a Black Swan like a treatment or vaccine will save us. But Black Swans are the definition of what not to bet on.

Idyll ... good point, re: smoking. Can't say that enough!

27-Mar-20

Trial153's Link
Keep this young women in your thoughts please.

27-Mar-20
I am a Local 3 Electrician in NYC. I live in Nassau County, where it exploding. My job was closed Wednesday due to a tinknocker testing positive. If have had no contact with him, he was working on the 12th floor, and I have been on the roof for months. Just me, my partner and 3 falcons. The last 3 weeks saw a massive decrease in vehicles, pedestrians, commuters, and even homeless. I can say it reminded me of September 13th. Nothing is open, no one is around. My fellow tradesmen and I were deemed essential employees, so we had to continue to go to work. It was only a matter of time before my jobsite was affected, and with the infected rate doubling every 3 days, only a matter of time before every jobsite is closed. Please be safe, your families are depending on it. Prayers for all of us, especially those directly impacted by this. May god bless us all and those who are sick.

27-Mar-20
Yes modeling does have assumptions from our best experts on the subjects. Consider the alternative is for politicians to guess and make stuff up as they go...like ending social distancing by Easter for example.

We have the best doctors/scientists and economists working on this together. Listen to them.

27-Mar-20
I work in a healthcare facility in the Mid-Hudson Valley of NY about 50 miles north of NYC. Thank God it's not as bad here as in the NYC area! Getting updates by Skype meeting twice a week. Lastest update was this morning: 17 patients tested positive and 12 employees (up from 6 patients and 0 employees last week) Thankfully no deaths yet.

GREAT lengths are being taken with PPE and hand hygiene to limit spread. Only treating inpatients in our facility. All non-urgent outpt. treatment has stopped. No visitors allowed, and they are even limiting employees on the patient floors. Getting screened at the front gate daily.

I think everyone is taking reasonable precautions (advised by our Infectious Disease specialist) and most are remaining calm and going about their jobs. I think most of us realize working in a healthcare setting, we are exposed to more organisms than the general public. You take the precautions seriously, but realize you still may contract something. Just have to trust that living a healthy, active lifestyle will keep your immune system strong enough to fight off these nasty organisms!

27-Mar-20
Found this interesting.

My wife, mother, and sister-in-law work for a local hospital. The hospital asked the Nurse Practitioners to volunteer for extra training on ventilators. So they all volunteered, and at the training today, the respiratory guy teaching said that they're finding that the more a person is exposed, the more severe their symptoms.

So I guess that puts the healthcare workers at even more risk.

27-Mar-20
Most infections are like that. If you get exposed to 10 viruses at once vs getting exposed to a billion viruses, the billion get to work on you much quicker than 10 and your immune system has that much less time to mount a novel response to a new intruder.

28-Mar-20
Looks like the NY/NJ/CT borders are gonna stay open after all.

27-Apr-20
How's it looking in NY now, seven weeks in?

27-Apr-20
Steady numbers of hospizations however the ICUs that we transport out of now have some vacancies. Looks like we have caught up a bit. Hopefully we keep improving. Trending good.

28-Apr-20
that's great news. praying for you all

28-Apr-20

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
We are getting hit hard at my work right now, we have 36 new cases in the last week. That is a total of 54. While NYC is slowing it is picking up in small pockets throughout the state. Standard PPE' no more. We gear up full now, shield, double masks, cloves and I wear a tyvek suit with gown over to. Been like this for about 2 weeks. Here I was suiting up to go into a unit to check air exchangers. This ain't over so please stay safe. No comments about looking like the marshmallow man!! Shawn

28-Apr-20
The data keeps changing and hopefully the policies will follow. Saw a video last night of a Doctor in Stamford saying we need to open up California. His thinking is that CA had 1,300 deaths which translates to a 0.003 mortality rate when you look at the population that is showing anti-bodies. One child died Inca with covid 19 while 132 children have died of the flu this year. He says we are never going to get over this unless we have herd immunity and let covid-19 spread to the young and healthy and keep those at risk quarantined. My opinion, this guy is right and we need to pivot and start opening up the country like some states are already doing. Until we get herd immunity I think we are going to have ups and downs until a vaccine comes out and we can't keep the economy shut down.

28-Apr-20
That is what Sweden did and it is working there as well. The issue is when you are asshole to elbow and trying to protect the elderly and folks with pre-exixting medical conditions. Its one thing to say it will work it is another when you have 9 million people in a 25 mile square area!! Shawn

28-Apr-20

Trial153's Link
Its not working too well in Sweden......

28-Apr-20

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
My cousin (Krystal) has been up there for over 21 days now, helping out. Her and her husband and 3 boys live just south of Norman, OK. She's a regular ER nurse. She just felt compelled to go and help.

Some of the stories she has shared via text, are pretty crazy.

I pray for everyone working to help others live.

28-Apr-20
Elmhurst general been right in the thick of it. Rick thank your cousin for all of us.

29-Apr-20
Shawn- I've been wearing a similar outfit for the last 5 weeks. Our facility has been fortunate- we are only 50 miles from NYC, but hasn;t hit near as hard here. Latest tally as of yesterday was 133 cases (patients), 75 Employees(39 already back to work) and unfortunately 14 patient deaths(0 employees). Could have been MUCH worse! I got tested last week and thankfully came back negative.

This mess has brought out the best, but unfortunately the worst in people. We had a few co-workers that ran the other way when the #@$% started hitting the fan. The rest of us who just pitched in and worked together to do what needed to be done, just got stronger as a team. MY UTMOST RESPECT goes out to all those who volunteered to step out of their "comfort zone" and helped out where needed most! TRUE HEROES!

29-Apr-20
"Its not working too well in Sweden...... " That's because you are looking at it the wrong way. They are well on there way to herd immunity while we put ours on pause. When they are over it ours will be dragging along with flare ups and we destroyed our economy. That is if the anti-body tests are accurate and the data is correct. I don't think you can look at NY because I think Cuomo forcing nursing homes to take covid-19 patients was the worse possible decision you could make and the death toll in the nursing homes bears it out. Between 25% and 35% of the deaths are from people in nursing homes and rehabilitation centers while Florida who has a greater elderly population took the exact opposite approach and protected the people most at risk.

29-Apr-20
Sweden has population of 10.5 million, they have 20k plus positive cases, even if have a latent infection rate of five times the tested positives thats a little over 100k, about one percent of the population, even at 10x the infection rate they are at about 10 % of the population Herd immunity is estimated to start lowering the R0 spread at about 65-70% of the population. They have a way to go. Couple with the fact that they also have some limited restrictions in place that is having some effect, paints an uncertain picture. Same as everyone else. Anyone that claims Sweden or anyplace else has conclusive answers is full of it or is speaking from their preconceptions. Everyplace is fluid and its all brand new water. So far we have tested all our in house positives and an equal number of tested negatives for antibodies and we have confirmed false positives and negatives in our own antibodies results. We are aways out before we have statistically sound samples for antibody testing.

29-Apr-20
Trial they are basically letting the healthy get infected that is why it is working. 60% is the threshhold and it builds from there. Protect the elderly and vunerable and let everyone else get infected, strange but true. The issue again as you know we are unique in NYC in the fact we have so many millions of people in such a small space. The problem may be that anti-bodies may not last too long with this virus and people "may" get it again. Hopefully they are getting close to some type of vaccine, I hear some positive things so far! Shawn

29-Apr-20
Our healthy is getting it as well, just like the 9 medics so far that work with. The problem with what we are assuming from Sweden, or conversely our own numbers is that any of it is conclusive. It isnt. For example if a higher percentage of healthy people in Sweden were infected you would assume it would translate to lower case fatality rate. So far that hasn't been the case in comparing them to, either there neighbors or us. Case fatality rates, Sweden: 10.93% , United States: 5.29%, Denmark: 4.78%, Norway: 2.12%. The fact is that we nor anyone else has the answer at this point, and most likely wont till after the fact.

29-Apr-20
We will never, ever, ever know the truth - or the answer- about any of this.

29-Apr-20
We don’t need the answers they would just stand in the way of converting the last few to sheeple

29-Apr-20
Lou, we absolutely will except for the people who want to see a conspiracy.

29-Apr-20
Hahahahahah

29-Apr-20
I think every one cares. Just not everyone is in the same storm. And, when official death counts start counting deaths as assumed covid 19 caused, it is safe to say that we will never, ever, ever know the true answers to this. I also think that when a mayor of the largest city in the country, just adds over 1700 total deaths to the tally because he feels it's more accurate then the numbers he did have, that is all the proof we need to feel that way.

It's a shame that when you attach financial incentive to increased death counts of Covid 19, it was bound to go that way. No conspiracy's needed to say any of this earnestly either.

30-Apr-20
I love NY!!!

30-Apr-20
There is a big difference between the "REST" of NY and NYC...………………………….people that live in upstate NY unfortunately have to put up with leaders who for the most part come from the "BIG CITY" and think that the world revolves around NYC and "city life". My aunt has lived in Buffalo for 40 years and has had to put up with this - we hear it from her all the time.

30-Apr-20
Rut Nut, I know that for the truth. Unfortuneately Virginia is in the same boat these days, the "tail" (NOVA/Richmond/Tidewater) wagging the "dog" Southside, Piedmont, Blue Ridge, Valley and Ridge, and Coalfields.... vastly different populations, local issues and values, and economies. Honestly I see trouble brewing on the horizon, possibly to the 1861 level.

30-Apr-20
Rut Nut, very true!! When downstate has well more than half of the state population that's how it goes. Taxes kill us here in NY! Shawn

30-Apr-20
I can't wait to get out of NY when I retire. Working in NYC gets worse every year. Not sure where I will end up but the hunting and fishing has to be good. Maybe Kentucky or Oklahoma.

30-Apr-20
Iowa for me when I retire!! Shawn

30-Apr-20
"I can't wait to get out of NY when I retire. Working in NYC gets worse every year. Not sure where I will end up but the hunting and fishing has to be good. Maybe Kentucky or Oklahoma."

Same boat - Im in Illinois - damn sure not retiring here, looking at Tennessee and Missouri.

01-May-20
That’s why I (still) live in PA! ;-)

Got a job in Northern Westchester Co.(NY) 29 years ago. Never even considered moving into NY. It is well worth the hour drive(one way) to stay living in PA! Now I work in the mid-Hudson valley, but still an hour drive. But I get to keep my PA plates! : )

01-Jun-20
Rut Nut, are things calming down any for y'all?

Still no confirmed cases in my home County. A few in surrounding Counties. A major local hospital closed from lack of business during the elective surgery moratorium. Best ER within lifeflight distance. :(.

01-Jun-20
Thankfully yes! Where I live in Pa went from Red to yellow phase on Friday. Said we could go to green in a couple weeks if things keep improving.

Where I work in NY just went to the next phase also. Heard this morning NY was down to 52 deaths yesterday from a high of around 800? And our facility has had no new cases in several weeks. Things are quickly getting back to “normal!”

Sorry to hear about your hospital closing- that is really unfortunate, but one of the effects of shutting down the country for many many weeks! : (

01-Jun-20
Anybody notice how the media isn't talking about COVID anymore? One person dies from something else and the "crisis" is over. Glad to hear things are slowing down in New York. My entire area had two mild cases, no deaths, dozens of small businesses either suffering mightily or closed for good.

01-Jun-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

01-Jun-20
Says it all.....

01-Jun-20

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

01-Jun-20
great news, I pray that it continues to ease up. The warm and sunny weather will help

24-Feb-21
well. six months later, how's it looking? I'm alive and healthy, had a fewpotential " exposures", two (unrelated to COVID) surgeries and quit my job (partly due to COVID) started my own business, recovering well, working hard and loving life

24-Feb-21
The town I live in (Kotzebue) is >50% vaccinated and I'm still testing negative after treating something north of 50 COVID+ patients. Cases are plummeting everywhere. We've had two deaths from our region.

24-Feb-21
Idly - Were those deaths 100% Covid related or people with preexisting conditions? Many people believe the death toll has been skewed for political reasons. Just curious.

24-Feb-21
I’m gonna guess that Ike’s not inflating any numbers.

When are you guys going to take off the tin-foil hats and realize that half a million people are DEAD (in part) because a “president” who knew how serious this was elected to down-play the threat for HIS OWN political benefit?

24-Feb-21
Thank you for that bit of wisdom GF. I believe he was asking Ike a question.

24-Feb-21
GF - or perhaps when the president was stopping foreign flights from entering America your party was busy running around China town saying “everything is fine here” mocking him for his “crazy isolationist” policy - you know, the one protecting us. Go back to watching your “mainstream” news to keep up your hatred for President Trump. Glad to see he is still living rent free in your mind.

24-Feb-21
His words, not mine.

And he may be “rent free” for now, but I fully expect to be paying for the privilege of seeing him incarcerated before too long.....

25-Feb-21
Whenever I read a GF post I always exercise the George Costanza method.

25-Feb-21
Also, it’s funny after 16 months of hearing Biden say he had all the answers for Covid.

Turns out his plan is to order more of the Trump vaccine. Wear masks and wash your hands.

The infection rate is dropping because the holiday spike is over. It started at Halloween and rose during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Of course the media will declare Biden cured Covid in January and the sheep will buy it.

25-Feb-21
If only Cuomo had been in charge...

25-Feb-21
Mark - I concur regarding GF and his posts, but every once in a while I actually read a post of his and have to respond to the nonsense that I know will be there.

25-Feb-21
I see that some folks still can't deal with any life challenge on its own without turning it into a political soapbox

25-Feb-21
Courage is staying in NY. Or CA. Or IL. Or etc.

25-Feb-21
Welcome back, Fuzzy! lol

Glad to see you here and best of luck with your new venture!

26-Feb-21
Midwest thanks. Part of what I'm doing is (the best part) of what I used to do, just as a private consultant rather than as a government employee. I've been surprised, pleased and more than a little flattered at the number of people who will hire me without batting an eye, to do the work, rather than have the agency I used to work for do it, even though I have to charge a little more (about 25% more). The other part isn't as lucrative, I'm doing a little custom sawmilling and cutting and selling hardwood firewood mostly off the property I own. I'm doing TSI not clearing the land. Local folks have given me logs and I've also traded for a few. I grew up farming and working in the timber industry and I love the work. It has really helped me get my strength back after the shoulder and hand surgeries. So far it's all keeping me busy and paying the bills.

26-Feb-21
Cecil, I’ll trade a little sawmill/forestry work for a wild chicken hunt. lol.

28-Feb-21
lol...that's a deal!

28-Feb-21

itshot's embedded Photo
itshot's embedded Photo
gf, thanks man!

needed that!

the entertainment has been sloooowww since we downgraded and unified

01-Mar-21
Five years from now we might get the truth on all the deaths and how much covid 19 was related to them. I did see a statistic that over 50% of the people that were on a ventilator and got over covid 19 died within three months later. My brother died from complications of pancreatic cancer. He got pneumonia and was hospitalized. They tested him over a dozen times for covid 19 and all came up negative. After being on the ventilator when there was no hope of him recovering he tested positive for covid 19. He passed away but it wasn't from covid 19 but from the cancer but they had covid 19 listed on the death certificate along with the other causes of his death.

• Sitka Gear