Bowbender 07-Apr-20
x-man 07-Apr-20
IdyllwildArcher 07-Apr-20
wooddamon1 07-Apr-20
wilhille 07-Apr-20
EmbryOklahoma 07-Apr-20
sfiremedic 07-Apr-20
23-Mar-20
Definitely a big thanks. For some of us, like teachers, I will continue to receive pay and have less expenses as we are transitioning to 100% on-line. Robin and I discussed the need for us to give back.

As a dental hygienist, her office is closed except for emergencies. Most likely for at least another 30 days as Johnson County KS has a stay at home order in effect as well.

Thanks ground hunter for starting a needed thread!

23-Mar-20
Both of my sons are in college for law enforcement. One of which is supposed to graduate this spring. Not sure yet if that will happen. In the meantime, he is also a EMS first responder. His calls have actually gone way down over the last week. A huge shout out to the dispatchers who have been the busiest lately. Doing "phone triage" to help direct people to the correct attention they need without sending the first responders to every single call.

My wife is a high school teacher. They are ready for e-learning. She and a couple other teachers at her school have been "flipping their class" for a few years now. Taping her lesson plan to YouTube for the kids to watch, then a live Q&A session. That live session used to be in the classroom, now it is via zoom meeting.

23-Mar-20
Yes, thank you to all of you out there still doing what you do. As a bowhunter (solitary by nature) and someone that has worked from home for years I feel like I have been in training for this for a long time.

27-Mar-20
It is a strange thing. Little things like what church we attend and what our skin color fall away in times like this. Like most here I am saying a little prayer for those who are most exposed wh ile I work from home . Have you noticed ? Our neighbors are a bit more social and a bit more tolerant . Stay safe, Bob

27-Mar-20
I saluted our trash truck driver this morning.

Matt

27-Mar-20
Yes. Thanks to all!

27-Mar-20
Makes you realize who really does the work around here ... and who doesn't. Thanks to everyone who is keeping what we have left from falling apart!

27-Mar-20
Yup....alot of thanks to the folks who keep plugging away and moving forward with work and life. We'll get thru this.....

27-Mar-20
My future son in law is a firefighter/EMS. Many thanks to all the health care workers out there helping others.

This working at home is going to take some getting use too.

27-Mar-20
The CPD here wed and Thursday had to go and physically shut down diners, bars and non essential places of biz that were gathering more than 10 folks.

They did let the Thirsty Goat stay open and they moved Ops outside and changed occupancy to table of three seat spaced and would not let you inside. Pruty cool watering hole and coffe shop out in the country. They are making a gud dime right now. With their patio and deck outside service with port johns and outside hand wash stations. Just hope it dont turn off cold again!

Not sure how gin joint is essential service but in Tenn I reckon they are?

HH~

27-Mar-20
Saw on the local news website, the Stormy Kromer factory in Michigan’s UP, has now converted their production to facemasks.

27-Mar-20
Work is pretty normal for me in the Ag business. My wife is on the same schedule as the kids so that works out.

I hope we get past the worst soon and with as little tragedy as we can. Not everyone, but I think most people find their best selves when facing adversity and challenge. I hope some of what folks find sticks with them when "normal" life is back.

27-Mar-20
Yes,thanks to all directly involved in this and those cited by ground hunter. I have wondered in the past how many Bowsiters ( and their family members) are medical personnel. I have seen some very detailed medical information on here in the past which makes me think we have some very knowledgeable medical people here. Not me, but I have a couple of family members in that field. l would like to see those medical people on here recognized for what they are doing as they should be congratulated for being the heroes that they are for putting themselves in harms way......Bob

27-Mar-20
I’m still just as retired and reclusive as I’ve been for the last 3/4 years. I appreciate the folks who are actually keeping the essential businesses going. Somebody has to do it, and they are running a risk each time they go to work. Although we have no cases in my county there are 25 or so in the nearest semi-large city. I can’t imagine living in any city, but certainly not one like NY or LA.

27-Mar-20
A heartfelt thanks to all of those on the front lines! Our health care workers in this war are no different than guys in foxholes taking fire or guys in humvee’s wondering if they were going to run over an IED, in past wars. They are Heros in every sense of the word. I feel guilty, here in New Jersey, taking refuge in the relative safety of my home, while the health care workers get up every day and head straight into the belly of the beast. What courage! Thank you for your service!

31-Mar-20
Amen.

01-Apr-20
I agree. A positive side effect of the virus is we identify and celebrate the real hero’s in society.

Not athletes wearing costumes. Calling themselves panthers and egrets.

Not the phony world of actors pretending they are smarter and more enlightened than us mere peasants.

Thanks to the real hero’s out there.

01-Apr-20
Lotsa true heros out there now.Many volunteers without pay.God bless them.

01-Apr-20
We are still operating. Not as important as some businesses out there but still important. Lots of people still need their domestic animals slaughtered and processed to fill their freezers. Especially with hardly any meat in the grocery stores. Not everyone is a hunter but still need access to meat. Grateful for everyone out on the frontlines and for us small businesses that keep plugging along.

06-Apr-20

IdyllwildArcher's Link
Hopefully no Bowsiters end up on the COVID-19 meatpole.

Here's the current list of medical personnel. RIP.

*Salute*

07-Apr-20
AMEN Ike!

07-Apr-20
Huge thank you to those who put their own ass on the line fighting this. They are no less brave than the men and women in our military who serve. My hat is off to any and all who continue the fight while the rest of us are holding tight. The biggest way we can thank them is to keep ourselves from catching it. The less people they have to come into contact with that has it, the safer we can keep them! Let's do our part if we are able to.... Stay the "F" home!

07-Apr-20
Wife is a nurse in one of our larger mid state hospitals. Oldest daughter is a nurse in the NICU. I work from home while they place themselves between the healthy and unhealthy. Thank you.

07-Apr-20

x-man's embedded Photo
x-man's embedded Photo
Youngest son.

07-Apr-20
"They are no less brave than the men and women in our military who serve."

I don't know about that... We get paid more and don't have to take life-threatening orders from 23 year olds. I work in an ER and wouldn't compare what I do to a marine on the ground in Fallujah. Although, there are some real heroics going on around the world right now in the fight to save lives.

07-Apr-20
Sobering list. A huge thanks to everyone keeping things from being completely screwed up, especially medical personnel. I postponed a couple appointments until things calm down some. Stay healthy guys!

07-Apr-20
I understand what you're saying IdyllwildArcher. I've spent almost six months in Fallujah. Not a single time while I was there, did I have to worry about bringing the "fight" home to my wife and kids. That takes some balls to still go in there (the er or hospital) day in and day out not knowing if you're going to bring the "fight" home. Courage is courage. Different circumstances but still courage.

I'm proud of my fellow countrymen and I only mean to support them the same way they supported me. I thank everyone who goes to work putting their own personal safety aside for people they don't know. Selfless service. That is the America I love.

07-Apr-20
My cousin's wife who is an RN from the Norman, Oklahoma area, went to NYC over the weekend to help out where needed. Her and one of her coworkers signed up to do this... pretty damn brave. She didn't have to. Her name is Krystal Embry. Thanks to all that are putting their health/life and their family's health/life at risk to help save another persons life.

07-Apr-20
Hi all... My wife and I are both RN's in Albuquerque. I'm at our level one trauma center and specialize in vascular access. Picc's, midlines, and ultrasound guided IV's. Our team is going into patient rooms that are covid rule out, confirmed positives and critical ventilated patients. We put on our PPE, go in do our procedure, and come out. It's stressful.

I want to thank the nurses who are caring for the Covid patients for 12 hrs every shift. They are in there, continuously caring for Covid pt's for hours on end. Day after day. Incredibly brave and risking so much to care for others. THANK YOU!!!!

Please do your part in maintaining social distancing.

Be safe....

• Sitka Gear