BigSkyHntr 01-Apr-20
Glunker 01-Apr-20
Glunt@work 01-Apr-20
MtnHunter 01-Apr-20
ESP 01-Apr-20
Trial153 01-Apr-20
mgmicky 02-Apr-20
01-Apr-20
I am looking for a windstopper fleece vest that is form fitting/athletic fit. I have looked but not touched the following: Sitka mountain, Kuiu , Columbia, Duluth trading. Reference for size:52 chest 38 waist athletic build. Any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance ESP

01-Apr-20
At the Harrisburg Pa show I tried the Kuiu vests on. Now I'm a 38/48 I went back and fort on the xl and the xxl. I only had a t shirt on. So I "was" going to try them on at the P&Y convention with more clothes on just to have a better fit. Not sure what to tell you but in Kuiu's jacket I'm a xxl to make it fit under my arms. I wish they just used stand sizing like most other companies do.

01-Apr-20
I bought a Sitka Jetstream vest at the sheep show and have been wearing it quite a bit in the just above freezing weather. It's very light and worn over a light base layer should be great for those days with a chilly breeze. I can see a merino base layer, a Kuiu 240 hooded Peloton and this vest will cover a wide range of conditions. I'm seriously considering buying a Jetstream jacket now after using the vest.

01-Apr-20
The jet stream looks interesting

01-Apr-20
Have you used a vest? I’ve tried one and hated it.

01-Apr-20
Yes I have. I just don’t like bulky ones.

01-Apr-20
I have the Kuiu Guide vest and love it. 40” chest and wear an XL. It is snug on me. Fits just right.

01-Apr-20
^ x2 Scoot, I like my kuiu guide as well but haven’t tried any of the others.

01-Apr-20
I am staying with a Filson.

01-Apr-20
I have an old Cabelas windstopper vest I wore everyday hunting if it was under 60 deg out. Zipper broke, need to find a seamstress.

Not athletic fit. Apparently offensive tackles arent athletes :^)

01-Apr-20
ESP.. you are about my size. I wear a XXL in all sitka, jetstream vest is fantastic. Kuiu is it or miss their sizing is more suited for the flat brim skinny jean type. For kuiu, I'd lean toward 3XL.

01-Apr-20
Thanks all. I’m leaning toward the jet stream. Stay well and safe

01-Apr-20
Jetstream vest, dont waste you time or money on the mountain vest

02-Apr-20
I have the Jetstream Vest and the Kuiu Guide vest. Very similar-I’m not sure if I prefer one over the other and don’t think you’d go wrong with either one...

• Sitka Gear