Mule Power 08-Apr-20
akbow 08-Apr-20
Rock 08-Apr-20
Wv hillbilly 08-Apr-20
Wv hillbilly 08-Apr-20
03-Apr-20

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
I would think that this fellow bowhunter saw that crazy Non Typical and had to record that hunt. At least that’s my opinion. I wonder if he got it? I would have loved to have heard that story.

03-Apr-20

Overland's embedded Photo
Overland's embedded Photo
I can't be the only one who clicked on this thread expecting to see this:

03-Apr-20
Looks like some of the stuff in S Utah. One place comes to mind, Newspaper Rock, really amazing', Interesting to see the fasination with folks with 6 toes.

03-Apr-20
Looks like he got it but coyotes got the hindquarters .

03-Apr-20
Looks to me like he wanted the doe for more tender meat!

04-Apr-20
Definitely going for the Hamblaster on the big non-typical!

04-Apr-20
Nice setup... looks like 42” 100 spine shafts with banana cut fletch (although the middle arrow seems to be a reverse parabolic prototype) and either mechanicals or two blade knapped points oriented transverse to the illustrator. Selway slide on quiver, no hood. Interesting form leaning into the shot like that...must have had windy conditions.

Pretty good hunter to get that close with no cover.

04-Apr-20
What is funny if you do a google search of that image. You will find it used in a couple of articles that basically say men should not act like cavemen and be more feminine.

I never did find where it came from and/or if it is a real cave drawing which was my original goal. If OP anyone else knows post it up.

04-Apr-20
It’s my great great grandpa.

04-Apr-20
that breed of cervid looks to have extraordinarily long back straps. need to clone them.

05-Apr-20
The reason he’s leaning is he is one yard away from his maximum effective range. He doesn’t want his name smeared on a wall from shooting a “hail Mary”. Stone Age Bowsite was up and running !

05-Apr-20
Looked at the calf muscles!

05-Apr-20
Unethical and disrespectful to his quarry. His power stroke is not enough to ensure good penetration, points are to small and I’d bet he hasn’t even spine indexed his shafts.

05-Apr-20
Unethical to take a running shot as well......at least I think he’s running.

05-Apr-20
Even our forefathers liked big racks. :)

05-Apr-20
7 preference points put him on that hunt!

05-Apr-20

Two Feathers's embedded Photo
More ancient art. I wonder what head they used for this one.

05-Apr-20
Have any of you guys found ancient art or other similar treasures while hunting

05-Apr-20
I find pottery shards and some of the pieces have paint on them all the time on our ranch in Rio Arriba County New Mexico. It's from the Anisazi Indians.

06-Apr-20

fishnride's embedded Photo
fishnride's embedded Photo
This Colorado Woolly Mammoth was probably an interesting hunt.

06-Apr-20
My wife found 3-4 necklace beads made of stone on a deer hunt many moons ago. Also found a flat stone about 8-10" that had petrified bird prints on it.

06-Apr-20
lots of them around here.....

06-Apr-20
For most of the art on stone walls, I got to believe it was Indian mom's that yelled at the kid's "Get out of the this teepee right now!" and dad saying "Go find something to do or I'll find something for you to do!! Go draw on the cliff there."

06-Apr-20

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Every time I see art like that I think that it’s basically the first version of bowsite and it reminds me that people have been wanting to document and share hunting stories for a long time!

Regarding finding ancient art, I found this on a rock while on my mountain goat hunt in northern British Columbia. No idea what it is or who (or what) made it but it was pretty cool to stumble on.

07-Apr-20

"Controversy has raged over the authenticity of the Ica Stones (above} since their discovery in South America. Skeptics have claimed, though without proof, that they are modern forgeries, based on the premise that it is impossible for humans to have seen a living dinosaur. The stones remain a mystery, and reinforce the intriguing possibility that the ancient Amerindians knew of such creatures."

07-Apr-20
They saw them!!

08-Apr-20
Keith Warrens Ancestor on a High Fence "Deer Stories" episode.

08-Apr-20
Have seen a lot across the Southwest over the years.

One of the most amazing experiences I ever had was while hunting mule deer in SE Colorado.

As I was slipping down through the cliffs stalking a couple of good bucks, I dropped through a big pile of rocks to a little ledge that would get me to another spot where I hoped to get down through the cliffs to those bucks.

I was focused on keeping an eye on the deer and staying out of their sight as I eased down the ledge.

I happened to look up on the wall beside me and forgot all about the deer below. It was covered with petroglyphs showing an amazing variety of animals - sheep, big racked deer, elk, bison, dogs and even one that looked like a mammoth. Spear and bow wielding hunters were depicted with lines connecting different animals and hunters that I assumed were showing individual’s hunting stories. I was totally blown away by those stories on that wall.

Not sure how long I stood there on that ledge lost in the stories of long ago hunts but was totally engrossed.

When I finally got my head back in the game and worked down through the rocks a bit further I came on an old bighorn sheep ram skull and slipped horns. Most likely he met his end by the best predator in the country. The rocks in there perfectly matched the color and made great ambush points for mountain lions.

I tended to look over my shoulder a bit more often than before knowing that I definitely was not at the top of the totem pole in those cliffs.

I finally made it to the bottom of the canyon where the deer had been and guessed that they had moved down into the cottonwoods along the creek. As I eased down into the trees and brush in the bottom, I looked down and was blown away by a set of perfect predatory dinosaur tracks that went in both directions along the bedrock the creek was running on. There were several different sets and it was really interesting to see the distance between those tracks and try to imagine just how massive and scary those animals had been...

Several million years worth of history by much better hunters than I could ever be right there in one place.

Pretty humbling experience...

08-Apr-20
That’s Rowdy Dowdy. All of his animals look that big in the pictures.

08-Apr-20

akbow's embedded Photo
akbow's embedded Photo
akbow's embedded Photo
akbow's embedded Photo
akbow's embedded Photo
akbow's embedded Photo
I saw these hunting in Eastern Oregon last month under a rock overhang. Not sure what they mean, but cool to see nonetheless. I was looking for arrowheads and didn't find any, but did find lots of shards where you could tell they had been making tools there--one that looked like it was almost an arrowhead, but might have broken when nearly complete. Lots of patience goes into making them I would imagine.

08-Apr-20
I have found them in many places and it is extremely interesting to me.

08-Apr-20

Wv hillbilly 's embedded Photo
Found these hiking with the wife and kids outside of Dubois WY last year

08-Apr-20

• Sitka Gear