FORESTBOWS 19-Apr-20
LINK 20-Apr-20
smarba 20-Apr-20
smarba 20-Apr-20
stumpjumper 24-Apr-20
Ucsdryder 24-Apr-20
Tilzbow 24-Apr-20
19-Apr-20
HELP. Bought a pair of these Salomon boots in large part due to high regard on this website. Super comfortable. These things squeak like there is no tomorrow. No way I could sneak up on anything in them. In fact, I don't even like hiking in them as they are so noisy. Any ideas?

19-Apr-20
I oiled mine a ton caused they did the same thing. I actually think most of the noise is the laces rubbing in the eyelets. Might try to change laces and see if that helps. I think my laces have enough oil in them now so they don’t squeak.

19-Apr-20
INDbowhunter2--- Many thanks. I rubbed a lace thru one of the eyelets and it squeak like crazy. Replaced the laces and seems to have solved the problem.

19-Apr-20
Yes I had that issue over a year ago. So loud I couldn't hunt in them. Boots were in perfect condition. Loved the boot though. Contacted Salomon and they said send a couple pictures of the boots and proof of purchase and she'd give it to their warranty people to consider. Told I no longer had any receipt or proof of purchase other than I had the boots in my possession. She laughed and said good enough. Sent the pictures and within 48 hours she contacted me and said full refund credit. They said it was a manufacturing defect. I said send me another pair of the same boot. The next pair are perfect. No squeaks. They didn't want the other pair so I use them around home and have a lot of miles on them. One still squeaks a third of the time. The other doesn't. I really like the boots for elk hunting every year and would say great customer service. They are made in China so maybe a bat got caught in the sole or something when attaching it. Just a guess though.

19-Apr-20
Wow! I just went and tried the laces. The squeaky one does squeak at two eyelets when a tug them back and forth. Not on the newer pair. Same laces in both pair. Looks to me like the eyelet may be ever so slightly at a different angle attached to the leather. I thought the squeak was in the sole. Would have thought their people would have checked those things out. Good find you guys!

19-Apr-20
I have over a thousand miles on my pair. They've never once squeaked. Odd.

19-Apr-20
I had the same problem with my Crispi’s. Oiled my laces and it never happened again.

19-Apr-20
I blew a pair out in about 400 miles. They sent me a new pair for free. Awesome boot

20-Apr-20
Mine have never squeaked abs I wear them every day. I love the ankle support though and I sinch them up tight.

20-Apr-20
Many pairs for me, never squeaked

20-Apr-20
I would say moderately stiff. They don't "rock" when you walk, they flex. Great tread/traction. One of my favorite boots.

24-Apr-20
anyone else have trouble with laces staying tied on this boot?

24-Apr-20
Nope. I wear gaiters though. Did you double knot them?

24-Apr-20
Not this boot but I’ve had many squeaky boot laces over the years on many brands and I’ve found waxing with Bee’s wax or good old bohning string wax will take care of the issue the majority of the time.

• Sitka Gear