Bowfreak 27-Apr-20
SDHNTR(home) 28-Apr-20
badbull 28-Apr-20
Brun 28-Apr-20
N8tureBoy 04-May-20
bowbender77 05-May-20
ki-ke 05-May-20
27-Apr-20
Thier are some very very good, clean, educational podcasts out thier that are bow hunting oriented. And like everything else Thier are things that are a joke. Make sure your kids know the difference and they will see through the crap short order. I’m sure the guys on here can suggest some of the best.

27-Apr-20
Have your kids listen to Randy Newberg, or Pope and Young. There's a bunch of really good ones out there.

27-Apr-20
Hunt For Real podcasts are clean and straightforward, no product hyping or foul language. Except for me, they have some bona fide experts on there.

27-Apr-20
+1 on p&y. Start with the first episode :). Remi Warren has some really good stuff too

27-Apr-20
I just started listening to some this past year: Small Acre Hunting, Big Woods Bucks and Truth from the Stand. There were some good episodes. It was a nice change of pace as I can download them and listen to them from camp (where I don't have service).

As an alternative, I also started watching some different hunting styles on youtube. Jeff Doyle does some really neat things.

27-Apr-20
Meateater is pretty clean with the language

27-Apr-20
Eastman's Elevated with Brian Barney is clean....and good.

27-Apr-20
I have listened to “The Soulful Hunter Podcast” and has been very family friendly and more about the real deal not throwing products at you. Pretty good listen also.

27-Apr-20
Eastman's Elevated, Meateater, Elk Talk, Hunt Talk, Nock On and the Rich Outdoors are all PG to PG-13 most of the time. You can hear adult language on some of these, but it is fairly tame.

I am also one to be annoyed by the language, but I'll take Kifarucast even with the foul language. The good thing about it is that the host is real. Give me that over the Insta-famous crap any day of the week.

27-Apr-20
Tradional outdoors is really interesting and clean, Stickbow Chronicles pretty good and mostly clean, except Aaron gets a bit carried away at time but hes getting lot better. Western Bowhunter is good South Cox does good job. Traditional outdoors also discusses flyfishing and black powder.

27-Apr-20
No barriers to entry make podcasts quite the double edged sword. Fortunately, for consumers, there are many to choose from and many high quality ones. Props to the guys that are handling them professionally.

27-Apr-20
I'll add Elkshape, too. Always PG and one of my favorites.

27-Apr-20
The cursing has never bothered me. Guess most of the people I hangout with talk like that in real life so it's just normal to me. The hunting related podcasts I listen to the most are The MeatEater, Cutting the Distance, The Pope and Young Podcast (the host is soooo dreamy!), Nock-On, Jay Scott Outdoors, Hunt Talk, Cal's Week in Review, Epic Outdoors, and Beyond the Kill. Joe Rogan and Andy Stumpf (Cleared Hot) also have some good hunting content at times.

27-Apr-20
I'm impressed that people actually listen to podcasts. Man I am behind the times.

27-Apr-20
I really enjoy the epic outdoors podcasts. Always clean and some really cool guests over the years

27-Apr-20
Most podcasts exhaust me. Who has the time or desire to listen to an hour+ of rambling on about the same topics over and over! I get tired of listening to myself talk for more than a few minutes!

Give me fresh content. Stick to the point. Don’t go off on endless tangents. Less is more. Show me a 20 min podcast that is organized in its delivery and I’ll gobble it up.

The best advice I’ve ever got when it comes to speaking is to have a good opening, and a good ending. And the closer the two are together, the better!

27-Apr-20
Love the Gritty and Kifarucasts. Even if an occasional F-bomb is dropped. It's for real.......

27-Apr-20
Guess podcasts have been a way of getting information on my drive to work rather than listen to the same old. Like a book on tape- Another way to utilize time better imo

27-Apr-20
Agreed SDHNTR, This reminds me of an old saying I got from an English professor and I think it applies.

" The proper length of a good sentence (or podcast in this case) is the same as the proper length of a woman's skirt.... It should be long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep your interest."

27-Apr-20
The most successful podcast in the world, by far, is the Joe Rogan Experience and his podcasts are almost always over 3 hours...

27-Apr-20
SDHNTR,

Your point of view was the general consensus in the early days of podcasting, now your POV is very much the minority. Like other said, Rogan is the gold standard for downloads and his podcasts are marathons.

28-Apr-20
I know. I’m a white, hetero, male, hunter and gun owner from CA. I’m used to being in the minority.

28-Apr-20
Not bowhunting related but good listening "to and from" in the truck are Mike Rowe podcasts. Good for you doing what you are doing for kids. We can sure use more people like you......Bob

28-Apr-20
I'm still with you SD. I just don't understand how anyone could listen to 3 hours of babble about any topic.

04-May-20
Sounds a lot like a road trip with my mother-in-law....

05-May-20
For some western info try Jay Scott.

05-May-20
A few others mentioned Eastmans Elevated, P&Y with the handsome Zack Walton (he's had a few legends on there) Randy Newberg is always good....Meateater usually has has good content, but his speaking voice makes me sleepy while driving....I'd rather watch his shows.

I would love to listen to many of them at 1.5 speed, but that always freaks me out a bit. As in, the opposite of relaxing. Makes me want to drag my fingernails on the dotted line while driving on the highway. Can't do it.

• Sitka Gear