Mule Power 09-May-20
Cityhunter333 12-May-20
SBH 12-May-20
elkmo 12-May-20
Treeline 12-May-20
SBH 12-May-20
SBH 12-May-20
06-May-20
I don't know what to do applying for tags? Actually wanted to burn my kids points for Wyoming deer/antelope. Not sure what the future will bring with covid? I have no problem driving out but was planning on staying a few weeks and flying the kids? Taking the boys for deer then my daughter & wife for antelope. Definitely not applying until the last day but pretty sure the summer vacation is out in July. Kinda wait and see?

06-May-20
No. I applied for Wyoming and Colorado elk, Colorado deer, Kansas whitetail and will apply for Iowa whitetail. I'm more concerned that non resident seasons will be cancelled.

06-May-20
Save yourself ! Hunker down , stay isolated and by no means apply for any tags until next year. Stay safe and good health to you.

Whew that was close.

07-May-20
Seriously people are buying this bs. Burn a decade worth a points only to be shot down at the airport.

07-May-20
I'm in for Wyoming elk. I sure hope the air port is not shut down. I want to fly and a friend would pick me up and we would hunt for a couple of weeks. I really really dont want to drive out from Pa. But one way or another I'm going. Ed

07-May-20
Nope

07-May-20
Its fine - keep pumping money into the black hole of preference points.

07-May-20
You have two choices junior. Get busy living or live scared.

07-May-20
Few seem worried.....application numbers are hitting new records this year. Auction tag prices are through the roof. Apparently bored people sitting at home have plenty of extra time to fill out apps and bid in auctions ;-)

07-May-20
whatever you do, DON'T apply for New Hampshire Moose, Kentucky Elk, or the Virginia RAAP antlered deer hunt...

07-May-20
Timing was good on this. States are already opening up...personally, I can't wait to get boots on the ground in September !

07-May-20
Elkmtngear, you think it's good states opening up. See how you feel about that in a month. States that are opening up are already showing big jumps in cases. By the way I am not worried about applying for any tags. I am worried though if I will be allowed to hunt in Nov out of state. Shawn

07-May-20
People are getting infected staying at home too. There is no hiding from this virus.

07-May-20
Shawn,

You think it's bad that states are reopening yet you are applying to hunt out of state?

07-May-20
For me it’s a problem but all related to job flexibility & PTO. I normally travel a lot independently, but was reassigned to project manager which chains me to my home office desk. I can burn PTO days for a hunt but that’s a steep price I’m not used to paying. I got 20+ points in most states and am just applying for long shots. My worst concern is burning 24 points somewhere and having to compromise the time I can spend scouting prior to the hunt. But hell I’m 60 and need to spend these points somehow. More wheels falling off each year.

07-May-20
Absolutely not

07-May-20
No. And I would bet my family vacation in July happens. Colorado wants vacationers and more importantly money.

07-May-20
Well I'm not applying stateside because of border issues. And my Australia summer dream is over. But as far as staying in country. No fear there.

07-May-20
Shawn, number of cases, and deaths, are two different things. Isolating the elderly/compromised makes sense...isolating healthy populations is fruitless, IMHO.

We NEED this to run its course, like RT said...it's not going to go away just because we try to run and hide from it. It's been "business as usual" for me, and I work in healthcare.

07-May-20
Hasn't effected me I just apply. I feel most states don't want to lose NR revenue. The spring hunts are affected, but I'm sure the fall will be fine.

07-May-20
Most of the medical experts are predicting a second wave of the virus this fall, which could certainly affect NR hunting. History suggests the same. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but you may want a Plan B. We all saw how quickly some states dumped the NR spring turkey season.

Matt

07-May-20
There's a point where some folks will just go hunting regardless of what is on the current list of what is and isn't allowed.

07-May-20
I think some of us have seen that point of just going anyway come and go, in Colorado polesmoker pretty much made it illegal to fish. Well I’m still fishing he can kiss my butt. He made camping illegal too but still camps set up at the lake every time Iv been.

07-May-20
Wyoming... don’t worry about it.

07-May-20
I have tags drawn but not in hand yet. I'm going unless God has different plans.

No one gets the virus at home. (Unless you or someone bring it in)

07-May-20
No, not scared to apply.

07-May-20
The way some States handled turkey season. Wouldn’t surprise me if big game season is cancelled in certain states this fall.

07-May-20
Nope. If I draw in any of the states I hope to hunt, they will take my tag money.

Shawn. To Jeff’s point. If states opened up on Monday and number of positives a higher today, is is due to more testing/test results coming in today? If you test twice as many people today than you did a week ago, do you think you might have more positive? The 2 events (opening and positive results) are not interlocking.

07-May-20
Yes, I applied cause I am hoping late Oct-Nov things are better. The testing has always been that way, more tests more positives. Its the death toll, thats the one too watch. Hell I was tested last Thursday and I have the anti-bodies and I never was real sick and never tested for the virus. I never said the those two events are interlocking!! I am saying now, its the deaths to watch. I have literally had 11 people die in the last 4 days from complications of the virus at my work. Tried to be there for some of them when I could and was present today when 2 died. I have a totally different prospective than most as I am living it first hand everyday. So excuse me if I find what some folks that have no clue what this virus is like speak up and start talking of things they really don't know about. I am no expert and never claimed to be but i have seen it and it is a lot scarier than most think. I have seen it spread like wildfire and no not because of more testing but because of a screwed up rule meaning one gets infected and they infect 3 and those 3 infect 3 more and its off and running. I hope beyond all hope but this thing ends and by late summer and fall we all can do what we love without any worries!! I still have my doubts though! Shawn

07-May-20
Only sheep and goats Everything else is PP or BP

07-May-20
No. Myself and hunting partner are in for WY elk.

07-May-20
We can't stay locked down forever. Not an alternative. People will die. The VAST majority will not.

07-May-20
And the VAST majority should feel blessed in the fact they haven't been grieved by this virus....yet. And do what' their heart dictates from here on until it's over.

Matt

07-May-20
Scooby your not the only one that works with it everyday and sees what it’s doing to the community your in, your claim that anyone who challenges your viewpoint doesn’t know what they are talking about isn’t exactly right. your area has been hit HARD we all understand that but it likely has to do with the living conditions in the city. The vast majority of the country will die from the shutdown while your area dies of the virus. Maybe we could just do a total shutdown in areas like New York while the rest of us start working on getting the country back on its feet.

07-May-20
Shawn, i thought you went through quarantine and got tested? Am I confusing you with someone else? Or, was it just your wife that got tested?

Do you work in a nursing home? I believe I've heard you state that. While I'm not being mindless or careless, is that not exactly the most likely to die from this on average? I'm really confused. Did you think working in a nursing home was going to make you immune to this reality? I think I heard over half the deaths in NYC were from patients in a nursing home. You can think your governor for the EO mandating positive cases be readmitted back into nursing homes. Not chastise people who don't work in nursing homes in NY.

The UN is predicting more then a billion people will be starving to death, world wide by this fall, due to younger healthy people locking up and staying home. I bet the fall out from that is going to be something none of us has ever experienced.

07-May-20
Just my wife and I had to go through quarintine, she tested negative because she had already recovered when she was tested for anti-bodies they realized she had it as well. This was mid march when all this just started. Also to the comment above, its not everyone that I argue with or point out that don't have a clue it is mostly the ones I know don't have a clue. I understand what people are saying but the folks saying people die everyday of the flu or this ot that are wrong in the sense the flu does not kill over 70 thousand people in a matter of 6 to 8 weeks!! Also if we as a society did not do what we did and social distance and wear the masks and so on and so onm, we no doubt would of lost tens of thousands more. Not rocket science to see that and anyone who says different in my opinion is an idiot! again just my opinion! Shawn

07-May-20
Ok Shawn. I thought I remembered something like that. I'm glad you both were ok.

Here is where my opinion is different then yours. No one can say once we develop some natural antibodies, that this will be worse or less dangerous then the flu. Right now it undoubtedly is hard on those compromised. But, ife has to go forward for anything positive to come out of this. Its the only way we get our populace exposed to develop immunity, its the only way we provide for this economy we all depend on, and it is the only way we will ever figure out what we are truly facing across the board with this virus.

Its more then unfair to assume the average victim of this, as a baseline for the best approach by all. Stats say it is hitting retirement and nursing community's hard. So, let's protect those groups and let others do as they see fit. The beautiful thing about freedom is we all have a choice, right now, to stay at home or get to work. And, choosing the later doesn't mean anyone is clueless either.

07-May-20
Best thing you can do is get outdoors. Cuomo certainly couldn't explain why most of the people dying in his state were and still are under lockdown.

Incidentally, our liberal governor in NM has Gallup, a hub near the Navajo Nation on lockdown, with a high cluster of cases among the Navajo people. While very few cases throughout most of the rest of the state. Meanwhile for some unexplained reason, Florida is open for business with very few cases.

Seems we been lied to again.............

07-May-20
I’ll hunt OTC in the state I live in. A prongy hunt in Wyoming as well. Nothing fancy outside of that. But hey, I’m 30, I don’t make that bowsite money to hunt in 12 states a year.

08-May-20
Other than Az Deer/Sheep, Wyo Deer and Iowa whitetail, I've got all my appl's in already so just waiting to see results for NV., Ut. and Wyo elk this month of May to basically decide on Iowa.

Good luck, Robb

08-May-20
I'm applying in NM, AZ, UT, CO, NV and WY like usual. This year I added MT and will add ID depending on how the draws shake out over the next few weeks.

Fear is not an option.

08-May-20

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
Got this email from Wyoming today. Believe me the Cowboy State is all about the show going on and hunting season WILL happen!

08-May-20
That’s what happens when people use common sense Mule.

08-May-20
Nice!

08-May-20
Its not about big boy pants at all. Its about losing 3 hunts for 3 kids (and 30+ points) because we got to break the law to leave the state, or we can't fly, or quarantine, or who knows what else? If your not worried about that good for you. I tend to think a little deeper.

08-May-20
Thanks for your service Mike...

08-May-20
junior, not being sarcastic, but why would you leave WYO to hunt ? If I weren’t so damned old I’d move there.

08-May-20
I understand those living in the east worrying about travel out west to hunt. Travel is indeed uncertain for the fall, although likely possible. I have had two hunts cancelled this spring, one by the state (Alaska) and then other due to international travel restrictions.

I expect to hunt in most western states this fall, at least where I can draw a tag. I live in the west, so vehicle travel is what I planned anyway. I will NOT be booking any trips to the east coast, Canada, etc., that require air travel or crossing international borders. Once the restrictions are completely lifted I will be the first to book those hunts. But not now. I completely sympathize with those who live at a distance to their intended hunt. It is far from certain how travel restrictions will impact long distance travel this fall.

Am No, I am not afraid, but realistic about upcoming restrictions (even if they aren't warranted.) Bill

09-May-20
Drycreek, Im on the eastcoast.

09-May-20
Wyoming may have resumed non-resident fishing license sales, but they have cancelled ALL non-resident camping reservations for 2020, and campgrounds remain closed to non-residents. So, I wouldn't start applauding Wyoming for their common sense just yet.

Matt

09-May-20
Camping means social gatherings. Also it doesn’t mean refunding a bazillion dollars worth of hunting licenses. No worries here.

12-May-20
I'm from NY. I'm over this covid 19 virus . In 2009 we had a H1N1 pandemic I'm sure most of us didn't even realize this. I went bear hunting! We all ain't getting any younger who knows what next season will bring,. Live for the moment if u can hunt go for it,. Enjoy the outdoors ?

12-May-20
Ground hunter x10! You are spot on.

12-May-20
What did Wyoming game and fish say if they closed it after you applied?

12-May-20

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo

12-May-20
Lol!^^^

12-May-20
20 active cases in MT. Sure makes sense to me to have people not working and getting government checks. That’s obviously right! Got people scared to even buy tags much less leave their house. Just incredible what we’ve allowed to happen.

• Sitka Gear