JL 10-May-20
jensbear 10-May-20
Two Feathers 10-May-20
TreeWalker 10-May-20
APauls 11-May-20
WoodMoose 11-May-20
Bake 11-May-20
08-May-20
My search function loads but never completes.....

I Need new stuff. I really like my Predator Fall Woods/Brown but Ive taken a liking to the Go Wild (made in america) Camo Hidden Timbre pattern. Anyone using the Go Wild clothing? How good is the water repellency? If I don't need to buy rain gear Im in! I don't hunt in the rain but like to remain dry.

Im looking for recommendations on your patterns/clothing for my new 2020 hunting season upgrade. I hunt Eastern Woodlands. American made preferably- I know.... more $$$

Thanks!

08-May-20
Asat is the only camo I wear. A leafy suit allows you to dress for the weather underneath and remain hidden. I'm hoping steve rinella brings back ASAT pattern for first lite , but, there are plenty of good products out there to buy.

08-May-20
For ungulates, I’d make sure whatever I chose did blacken and blob at distance. Much of the camp our eye find appealing, looks like a blob and stands you out to deer and the like.

Something outfitter or with enough light to prevent that would be my choice.

08-May-20
FWIW......whatever you decide, you might need two shades of camo. IMO...light color camo for sunny days and darker camo for cloudy/low light days. I've looked at myself on sunny and low light days and noticed I stick out if I wear dark, flashy camo on bright days and "bright" camo on low light days. If you're a stand hunter, when the leaves are off the trees is when you can really notice if your camo shade isn't right. BTW.....I have Predator fall grey and love that stuff, especially on snow days.

08-May-20
Wool buffalo plaid.

08-May-20
Good place for some Memes

08-May-20
Matching camo top and bottom, still present a camo human-shaped silhouette.

Break up the human outline, with dark pants, and a light shirt for example.

Also, broad, contrasty patterns, tend to blend in better at distances, and not turn into a "blob".

08-May-20
I've had this same thought in my head for a while and I've got 2 experiences that always spring to mind when I'm thinking about it:

1. One day at camp, I took all of my camo and put if on the bank across the road. I was shocked at how much of it turned into a blob. The stuff that I always thought looked bad was actually better at the 20-30 yard distance than the stuff that I really liked. It got me to change up what I as wearing.

2. I was hunting with my dad on a nice sunny day (turkeys) and I walked across a field and entered the woods on the opposite hillside from him. He was shocked! He said that while he knew where I was, I just disappeared (which isn't like him to exaggerate). I was wearing ASAT brown. I just don't know how well it holds up at closer distances - which has always been my fear. I've thought about trying to use a black magic marker on it and make some other lines or "bark" to help it at closer ranges. I've just never tried it. At this point I should 'cause I no longer fit into that stuff but I still have it. Then I should put it across the road at camp and take a look.

08-May-20
I like ASAT especially in October. I usually switch to my colder weather stuff come November/December and that’s the cabelas outfitter stuff with light and dark contrasting patterns. I think the ASAT works better for most deer hunting but I like the berber fleece for the cold weather

08-May-20
I don't believe the camo pattern makes much difference at all to the animal. Movement and silhouettes spook game. Get garments in the materials you like, camo pattern is secondary to me. More and more I am buying my hunting clothing in solid, earth tone colors if available so I can use it for things other than hunting.

08-May-20
How in the heck do deer disappear wearing only grey camo. Because when they stop moving and have the odd shadow across their body it breaks things up. Where you place yourself while hunting will always be more imprtant than pattern while hunting. But as far as patterns go, I always try and find something that will break up the outline.

The predator fall brown you like is as good as it gets. But like Midwest, I've taken to buying clothing first, pattern somewhere down the line, although it can have the potential to save your bacon. For most hunting the Kuiu Vias pattern is the next best thing to Predator imo, with really good materials. But the best for whitetails is most likely still Sitka. First Lite has some really good offerings. I would say those are the really "high end" but seems like all prices have soared lately. Even predator stuff isn't cheap. Thankfully there are a lot of really good pieces out there.

08-May-20
If you can eliminate or minimize your silhouette, you're ahead of the game. IMO loud camo in sunny or low light will not help your cause.

08-May-20
Suggestion: Deer see shades of black/white/grays. Take photos of camo patterns and then change photos the b/w mode on your camera. This will help you get a truer image of the pattern and how it will fit into your hunting environment.

Might be surprised with what you see.

08-May-20

midwest's Link
Check out Go Wild clothing at my link. American made and their Rock Star camo pattern is on sale at half price! I've never purchased from them before but just ordered a jacket and shirt.

08-May-20
You have the best, Predator is always my first choice

08-May-20
Id suggest something that doesn't make your butt look fat. :)

08-May-20
Too late.....:)

It was between Predator and ASAT when I purchased my predator. This Go wild stuff has my attention.... but Pred has been proven for me. a sincere thanks to all!

09-May-20
I really like the old outfitter camo by cabelas

10-May-20
I haven't seen a good argument that proves one way or another that camo hides you at all. I think it probably does as long as you are perfectly still. The biggest deal breaker in the woods is movement when trying to stay concealed. Turn your head, move a muscle, and it could be over real quick......

There is 1 exception. A HEC suit is the only cloaking clothes known to man ;)

10-May-20
I won a Ruger rifle in Go Wild camo a couple years ago. Never heard of it before that, and until now had no idea there was an entire clothing line. Will have to check it out.

10-May-20
Gowild looks like decent stuff. Anyone own any? Nick let us know what you think when you receive it.

10-May-20
Avoid the camo and just hunt in a boxblind like all the TV heroes

10-May-20

Hammer's embedded Photo
Hammer's embedded Photo
Find this camo pattern works fine on overcast days ..

10-May-20
That would work in the fall colors.:-)

10-May-20
I like Natural Gear, especially the fleece bibs for the late season hunts. The lighter gray shades seem to blend much better than other darker patterned camo I have used in the past.

10-May-20
My main concern is how quiet is it, especially in freezing temps.

10-May-20
Get camp that fits you and performs as you need it to perform. Then NEVER, EVER was in any soap that mentions "color protection" as that will soak your camo in UV which will make you look BLUE to deer and elk. Avoid the blue doom wash and you can wear red/black plaid wool or Sitka. Then, stay still since movement is your enemy when a looking your direction. Mind the wind. Silence you sound as much as possible. I wear a lot of Sitka and KUIU but started using Army surplus Korean War and Nam War era. Alas, cotton kills if you get wet in the cold so I upgraded over time to Cabela's when they had lifetime warranty on certain items. Then, Sitka and KUIU as spent more time in the mountains. As for pattern, I do try to blend into the terrain not for fear of the critters but to not be as easy for other hunters to notice me. Good luck.

11-May-20
If it's a whitetail deal you're looking for I always believed in a fleecy type of outer material that soaks up light helps as well. Some of the newer performance materials have a silky sheen to them that sticks out way more than a worse camo patter in fleece or wool. Predator in fleece is as deadly as it gets visually.

11-May-20
"I don't believe the camo pattern makes much difference at all to the animal. Movement and silhouettes spook game. Get garments in the materials you like, camo pattern is secondary to me. More and more I am buying my hunting clothing in solid, earth tone colors if available so I can use it for things other than hunting."

agreed

11-May-20
I know you already bought, but I just wanted to put in a plug here, I think Midwest is absolutely correct.

While I don't mind wearing camo day to day around town, I too like solid colors in browns and greens, so that I can wear day to day, and not always have camo on.

• Sitka Gear