GF 19-May-20
IdyllwildArcher 19-May-20
Mint 20-May-20
backwoods54 21-May-20
17-May-20

DL's Link
Talk about wackos!!

17-May-20
SCI is wakos or those depicted in the ad? I love the ad and what it shows! I have had the displeasure of dealing with four full fledged antis in my life. They are this delusional!

17-May-20
Good stuff. Love seeing tree or bunny hugging idiots going nuts.

17-May-20
Absolutely a terrible advertisement. Looks like a cheap attempt to show what those wackos are like.

I've had lots of experience through the decades with the animal rights idiots. Mostly 80s and 90s. The death threats the FBI coming by the booth in Harrisburg telling us to be on the watch for possible bombs. Bears being spray painted at sports shows. Etc etc

That ad is very weak on my opinion. It shows those people S out of control lunitics instead of the cold calculating evil souls they really are

17-May-20
“Animals are people!”

Wait, what?!

17-May-20
Dave, how old are you?

17-May-20

18-May-20
Why spend resources to marginalize the opponent vs stand on the facts that support the point. This is stupid. Who cares if they are wackos. What matters is the facts are in our side. Share those not some skit on how dumb Some people are and how silly they act.

18-May-20
Ground hunter nailed it.

18-May-20
It’s a bit confusing as to what the message is and who’s bringing it.

Sometimes the only way to defeat an enemy, is to attack the enemy. Science and facts can help, but the war will be won in the heart, not the mind.

18-May-20
Edit: the double/triple post gremlins are active again ; {

18-May-20
Great ad. Problem is the ad only has 1600 views in 3 months. An ad posted to PETAs channel will have 1600 views every 10 mins.

Still, it’s a great ad and I’m happy to see hunters fighting back.

18-May-20
Great ad. Problem is the ad only has 1600 views in 3 months. An ad posted to PETAs channel will have 1600 views every 10 mins.

18-May-20

18-May-20
Pat you can say that again....

18-May-20
I think everyone knows who they are going to vote for, same with the anti hunters,,, not going to change

I have to disagree with this sentiment. Hunters number about 4-5% of this country's population. The radical animal rights activists probably number as something similar. It's the 80-90% of this country that doesn't sit in one camp or the other that decides what our future hunting rights look like, and I don't know that this ad will play well with that group. I agree with Bou.

18-May-20
Triple posting was a signature TBM trait.

Hmmm! Subliminal Freudian slip Pat / TBM TBM/Pat Hmmmm!

18-May-20
This was on TV during Jim Shockey’s hunting show.

18-May-20
Actually Joey nailed it.

Making the same old..... VERY old arguments in the same old way and expecting to win over the younger social media fence sitters with calm reasoned logical facts and arguments has gotten us where exactly? It's pretty clear half the people in this country care nothing for facts or logic. Not when they can "create their personal reality" and indulge themselves in drama, emotion and embrace their inner weenie.

Just look around to see the world to see the world trying to be run and controlled by the most emotionally fragile control freaks among us.

IMO this ad was not really targeted to change an anti's mind, or even fence sitters. It was an ad to hopefully get some hunters off their lazy azzes and get into the game. It was to point out to HUNTERS what they are up against and get them engauged in the battle. They already KNOW the facts logic and reality of hunting. But have they taken up the fight? You don't have to march in a protest and hold signs. Simply joining and supporting pro hunting orgs is getting into the game. How many hunters do that simple thing that requires such a minimal effort? Literaly doing "well, it was the least I could do....."

Many groups out there, global like SCI.... national and local. Pick one. SCI is a great step towards that.

IMO it's a good thing to bring every tool available to bear and to attack.... not just defend.... from every and any angle. Recruteing forces is a large part of it. Just haveing the numbers of members on a fact sheet to present to legislators (see "NRA"....) is a big deal even if the members are members basically in name only.

18-May-20
There is nothing so powerful as a good, bad example.

TMBB

18-May-20
They should've showed actual demonstrators and identified date and locaation instead of staging their own.

18-May-20
Did any of you ever see the phone video of a guy fishing and being confronted by a kid? Parents put him up to it I’m sure. They ended up taking his fish he had caught and throwing it back in the water.

18-May-20
Why spend resources to marginalize the opponent vs stand on the facts that support the point. This is stupid. Who cares if they are wackos. What matters is the facts are in our side. Share those not some skit on how dumb Some people are and how silly they act.

18-May-20
TD you are spot on in my opinion as well. Imagine the leverage we as hunters could have IF we had half the hunters in this country join SCI or DSC. Their influence in DC would be huge. Unfortunately most hunters won’t join. Also with all this going on these organizations need support more now than ever due to Chapters not having fundraisers this year.

18-May-20
That was a really dumb waste obviously actors and set up. I got a feeling it was more to up their donations you know we're on your side than to change anyminds

19-May-20
That was horrible. If this appeals to much more than our lowest common denominator I would be surprised. There are so many positive ways hunting can be portrayed to both both hunters and non-hunters, examples of the successes of conservation, food, family and traditions. If this is the best that can come up with its telling and doesn't inspire to support this organization to speak for on my behalf for hunting.

19-May-20
Why stage the demonstrations for this ad? Why not use real demonstrators? I know I would be pissed if PETA had an ad that showed actors with huge beer bellies, biting off the heads of baby animals while wearing camo and slapping their wives.... You know, the stereotype of what they want to portray us as. I don't know, just seems petty and stupid to me. Show real footage, don't stage it. It makes the sponsor if the video look desperate.

19-May-20
Lol!!! I love it... Reminds me of the night Hillary lost... ????

19-May-20
Wilhille X2. The message is lost in the ridiculousness of the video.

This temporary culture of demeaning your opponent, screaming the loudest, and ridicule will likely not stand with time. It has its short term victories but is not sustainable. History has taught us that.

19-May-20
Good grief....

Who do people think the target audience was and what actions was it intended to elicite?

Hint: It was aired on Jim Shockey's show.....

For those of a solo track..... it's not an ad to "promote hunting". It an ad to get HUNTERS off their lazy azzs and get in the game.

" I got a feeling it was more to up their donations" BINGO! Yes. It's an ad by SCI for "donations"...... i.e. join SCI (or whatever org that fights for your HUNTING rights) and get after these whack jobs. Join the fight instead of standing there with your thumbs.... um, hooked in your pockets. These are the people they/we are fighting. Wake the 'ell up. Get involved.

It's not a prime time "look at how cool hunting is" ad for the general public to sway their tender lil feelings. It was aimed at making hunters aware of what they are up against. Get your ambivalent butt in gear.

That the message is lost on some bothers me much more than the content of the ad. The content was spot on IMO. I thought the purpose was pretty clear, but obviously not.

Although..... I can see how some leftists could be a little butthurt by it.... might have recognized somebody they know..... =D

19-May-20
TD, it's kinda obvious, unless...unless hunter idiocy runs as rampant as those nutballs in their bear outfits throwing tantrums. It makes me laugh to see them so besides themselves acting like that, wasting their own precious energy. Who in their right mind would take them seriously anyway? I think those of us in their 'right mind' outnumber those nuts who aren't, so really, we don't have a lot to worry about as hunters, IMO. We'll be just fine, trust me, based on the credibility of those dopes.

19-May-20
"Maybe im not seeing it right, maybe i am wrong. But i just dont see it as being an ad that would sway anybody on the fence our way."

Nope.

" It's pretty clear half the people in this country care nothing for facts or logic. Not when they can 'create their personal reality' and indulge themselves in drama, emotion and embrace their inner weenie."

But in fairness, I'd say that about only half of that half lean left. Those of us in the middle are looking at the rest of you like... "Duuuude.... Seriously??"

19-May-20
Those are actors. Real antis have crazy in their eyes.

20-May-20
The Ad of the professional hunter in Africa answering a blog post was ten times better. I think TD is right, this is targeted to the cheap hunters that don't support any Hunting Groups.

21-May-20
It'd be a cold day in hell before I support SCI in any way. just a bunch of "money can buy "trophy hungry shooters.. That group gives the average hunter a bad rap as a killer for trophy's only. Notice I said shooters not hunters.

• Sitka Gear