Jaquomo 19-May-20
Glunt@work 19-May-20
Gerald Martin 19-May-20
midwest 19-May-20
Huntcell 19-May-20
Lost Arra 19-May-20
18-May-20

JL's Link
With things being slow these days due to weather or the virus, the other day I was checking out hunting shows on Youtube. I came across these guys at Hushin who do a running series on their hunts in the mountains. If you're expecting alot of kill shots...this ain't it. They do provide a unique follow-along of their daily glassing, stalks and camp life. Since I have been following the series, everything I watched has been on public land. It's different in that these are regular bubbas and not professional TV hunters. They aren't trophy hunters. The story telling and filming is very good IMO. They stalks do not always work out and they explain why. The camp life and simple camp cooking is fun to watch. It also shows the type of shape you need to be in if you're going to high mountain hunt. Just figured I'd put it out there if anyone is looking for something fresh and different without the commercials or constant hawking of hunting gear.

18-May-20
Refreshing

18-May-20
They show the bad parts, wounds, misses and long trails. Just wish they'd stop the long range rifle stuff. In one hunt they had miss and a never found wound

18-May-20
Ya...I did see those miss and unrecovered episodes. I give them credit for showing everything warts-n-all. Many other shows would not have shown that. That is one refreshing aspect of the series.

18-May-20
What did they get caught poaching? Can't understand why they wear a ball cap over their ears.

18-May-20
JL check out The Hunting Public and The Hunting Beast both great YouTube shows!

18-May-20
Nothing refreshing or positive about showing the world a pin cushion bull or a coues deer getting it leg shot off and lost.

18-May-20
Well....you can accept the fact that bad decisions and bad shots are a part of hunting or you can believe no one, including Bowsite members, never made a bad decision or bad shot. One is reality and the other is a deviation from reality. Learn from the reality and beware of the deviation. As I said...the show is warts-n-all.

18-May-20
JL,

Just letting you know that this thread will end badly due to mentioning Hush.

18-May-20
I like tagging out traditional and tales from the willows.

18-May-20
Yeah the ball cap over the ears and the flat brims really rub a lot of bowsiters the wrong way. LOL

18-May-20
X2 Wapitibob

18-May-20
I’ll second the Hunting Public & Hunting Beast. I don’t watch many hunting shows but these are the only two. No high tech special effects or even music. I have no interest in that. These guys are low budget real world and all about sharing their system and educating fellow public hunters. I learn something practical every show. There’s a lot of attention to detail, especially while scouting. What also makes it interesting is I’ve been hunting Iowa and other Midwest states for decades and I’ve been able to figure out some of the specific properties they hunt, despite their code names. :)

18-May-20
Hope THP does more elk hunts this season.

They took one of the Hushin guys on a public land deer hunt, don't remember for sure what state, maybe Missouri. The Hushin dude shot a buck and made a marginal hit. They couldn't find it that night but they hooked up with a dog trailer the next day. The Hushin guy was too busy to stick around and help so he left. They never did find the deer after hours and hours of searching.

18-May-20

Irishman's Link
I like the Sterling Extreme Outdoors stuff. I know Lucas Sterling through work. Even though there is some of the usual BS that you get with all hunting videos, I happen to know that he is the real deal. In this video he calls in two nice bulls that are killed by his daughter and wife. Some of his rifle hunting mule deer and wolf hunts are pretty cool too, all on public land and here in Montana. There is nothing easy about some of his mule deer hunts, they are in some steep country, and far from roads, and on some he is alone doing all the video taping also.

18-May-20
^ the Sterling vids are pretty cool. Thanks....

19-May-20
It's prime fishing and mushroom hunting season, and great "getting-in-shape" weather. Why are you guys doing sitting around inside and watching phony hunting videos??

19-May-20
I don't seem to find any time where watching hunting shows is what I want to do. I used to film and edit a bit for some. In general I came away with thinking hunting really isn't the greatest activity to include spectators. Some folks certainly do a nice job with their production and content.

19-May-20

Gerald Martin's Link
Some of you might enjoy the video I produced of my friend who bought the Montana Governor's mountain goat tag last year.

Some of you might be triggered and should probably not watch it. :) Warning- The linked video contains no bow hunting and includes endorsements of a "green decoy" hunting organization. It also includes the best cat story ever included in a hunting video. Viewer discretion is advised.

19-May-20
South Cox has some great stuff.

19-May-20
Refreshing!!

19-May-20

Lost Arra's Link
I've attached a video about a guy who took all 5 Oklahoma big game species in one bow season. He was featured in a recent newspaper article that got my attention. The video was a bit long and his hat selection is questionable but I was impressed with the production and they way he captured the varied terrain of the state plus the fact he wasn't selling something except his home state of Oklahoma. Granted it's a lot of private land hunting but the logistics of these hunts was still a challenge.

• Sitka Gear