Beav 26-May-20
JL 26-May-20
Charlie Rehor 26-May-20
JL 26-May-20
crestedbutte 26-May-20
swampokie 26-May-20
22-May-20

live2hunt88's Link
This was posted in the Oklahoma forum but I thought it was cool. This guy shoots all 5 big game animals with a bow in Oklahoma in one season. Its a long video but worth the watch for sure

22-May-20
Thanks for sharing. The first minute of the video is telling, obtaining access is the biggest challenge

22-May-20
Neat accomplishment! Didn't realize that they all could be done OTC, Resident or Non-resident. Congrats to the bowhunter!

22-May-20
Native Okie, I thought it was cool some of the stuff the Game Wardens spoke on during this. I also thought it was cool to show people how much diverse terrain Oklahoma really has. Most people think we are just a flat prarie state

22-May-20
Pretty neat accomplishment! You really have to know someone around the Wichita mountains with private ground to get an elk. Now even more impressive would be to do it all on public. As quick as I say that, would that be possible on public? Elk... not sure of public areas that hold elk? Pronghorn might be tough too.

22-May-20
Elk and Pronghorn would be extremely tough. Although my mom lived in Boise City for a bit (where he shot the antelope) and she said a lot of farmers have no issue letting people hunt their land because they are such a nuisance. I have friends who have had to pay to hunt private land out in western OK though.

22-May-20
That was my thought as well, Rick. I’m not sure I’d consider the elk tag OTC. Quite an accomplishment, nonetheless.

22-May-20
Wow.... great accomplishment!

26-May-20
Wow, that's awesome!

26-May-20
That was a cool video, good for him too!

26-May-20
Congrats to him! Enjoyed the video.

26-May-20
Great accomplishment. Heck of a shot on the antelope. He said the 2nd shot was 85 yards. Great vid of the pass thru.

26-May-20
Quite an accomplishment and excellent video/story documenting the hunts.

26-May-20
That hunter got 5 animals. Does anyone have any knowledge if someone else in another state attempted a similar feat....maybe additional critters??

26-May-20
When I was growing up and living in Okla in the late 70’-late 90’s they had Controlled Hunts every year at Cookson Hills, WMA for elk along with Wichita Mtn. hunts. Been living out of state too long now to know if they still do that. Back in 90’s Cookson through the controlled Hunt draw usually had a handful of cow and bull tags available. Do they still do that?

One year in early 90’s, I got picked for a deer hunt at Cookson and when I hiked in to my deer stand near Hamlin Hollow in the dark of the morning my headlamp exposed a huge bull bedded under it. At that moment, I thought I don’t remember that big boulder near my tree stand when I hung it weeks before the hunt. He then stood up and walked off as I took cover behind a nearby tree.

Later that morning, the bull walked right underneath me as he fed along the ridge and I remember the platform of my deer stand was only a few feet above his rack. Good times!

26-May-20
They draw one tag either sex at Cookson. They draw around 120 bull tags and 225 cow tags at Wichita mts now I think.

• Sitka Gear