Dave B 29-May-20
TxHuntr 31-May-20
Paul@thefort 31-May-20
Timex 31-May-20
jstephens61 31-May-20
happygolucky 31-May-20
Trophyhill 31-May-20
26-May-20
I say no. I love it as much as ever. Is it September yet?

26-May-20
Yes! ;)

26-May-20
The only thing better than bowhunting, is bowhunting with friends!

26-May-20
Nope! It's all about bowhunting all the time!

26-May-20
No. Nothing is better. Although being along for my youngest son's first 2 deer (rifle kills), and turkey kill (shotgun) were thrilling to me. A close second for sure.

26-May-20
Haven't found anything yet...

26-May-20
Yes

26-May-20
I like bowhunting as much as the next guy... but it aint everything in life.

26-May-20
im with cnelk

26-May-20
The most fun you can have with your clothes on!

26-May-20
Waterfowling comes pretty close.

26-May-20
Anything better than bowhunting.....I'd go with blessed to be living.

26-May-20
The list is small!!

26-May-20
Nope. only way to make it better for me would be to incorporate a canoe hunt into the boundary waters for me.

26-May-20
This ^^^^. Well said Scott

26-May-20
I thought scuba spear fishing was really good.

26-May-20
"Waterfowling comes pretty close."

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I killed another pile of ducks this past weekend and weekend before last shot 5 new-to-me species. It's fun, but to me, it's got nothing on bowhunting big game.

Went ice fishing a few weeks ago and caught a bunch of fish. Same thing.

I don't get the butterflies in my stomach thinking about going to hunt birds or fishing like I do for sheep hunting or any big game bowhunt for that matter.

26-May-20
I was going to say Boobies then I was honest with myself and realized I would rather bow hunt. I am fairly sure I must be suffering from low-T. I better get into the doctor and get my testosterone levels checks.

26-May-20
Tarpon fishing with a fly rod ranks right up there, in my book.

Matt

26-May-20
Scoot has it right. Spending time with my wife and grandkids far surpasses bow hunting, and that’s after some 50 years of slinging arrows.

26-May-20
um, yeah but....

26-May-20

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo

26-May-20
I really enjoy being with my wife and kids. Besides that Nothing beats Bowhunting

26-May-20
If it’s so great, What did all you guys bowhunt today?

26-May-20
Hunting with my daughter has been more fun than any bow hunting I’ve ever done

26-May-20
I've rifle hunted all my life up in northern Wisc. till I picked up the bow 18yrs ago. Never looked back. I love to bowhunt, especially with my wife. Have no urge what so ever to gun hunt again. Did I say I LOVE TO BOWHUNT??

26-May-20
Grouse hunting behind a good dog is tops for me.

26-May-20
If ya have to ask ya must be pretty old.{: {: {:

26-May-20
The best things in my life are for my loved ones to be healthy, for me to be healthy and financial stability.

Would not be easy for me to enjoy my hobbies if I was worried about a loved ones health, if I was not healthy or if I was in financial ruins.

26-May-20
Spending time with Grandkids, On my way home right now back to Wi ,Was visiting my daughter and granddaughters age 5 and 3 in Little Rock They are a military family Don’t get to see them too often They were even in Japan for 3 yrs So seeing them and my other 2 grandsons puts everything in perspective

26-May-20
Well, I certainly bowhunt more than any other hunt/fish activity but calling coyotes behind a rifle, catching big fish, or hunting with a patched roundball muzzleloader are darn close.

More important stuff in life but it ranks up there

26-May-20
Spending time with Grandkids, On my way home right now back to Wi ,Was visiting my daughter and granddaughters age 5 and 3 in Little Rock They are a military family Don’t get to see them too often They were even in Japan for 3 yrs So seeing them and my other 2 grandsons puts everything in perspective

26-May-20
My family and especially my grandsons.

26-May-20
What Scoot said. If you said NO, and meant it, you need to do a little soul searching. But as APauls said, the list is short.

26-May-20
My answer is based on the assumption the OP’s question is hunting related. In that vein, my answer is a resounding no, but I also love hunting pheasants behind my lab and running and gunning for turkeys with my S/G.

26-May-20
Muskie fishing ranks higher to me.

26-May-20
Goodness sakes...Do I really have to state that God, family and health goes without saying?

26-May-20
Apparently. SMH!

26-May-20
That'll teach you to make a light hearted post, Mark! Wow....tough crowd!

26-May-20
It's high on the list, but there are too many other great things to do, also. They all have to do with outdoor experiences though. But if you haven't rowed your own raft through the Grand Canyon, or scuba dived with manta rays or along some big walls, or run a jet ski in the ocean up to the faces of tide water glaciers, or....maybe you just don't have enough to compare it to.

26-May-20
Orgasms are good, bowgasms are great

26-May-20
Golf & Beer ,,,,,,,,,, nothing beats that! (8*)) .........

27-May-20

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo

27-May-20
Yes, No, Maybe.

27-May-20
My family far above any hunting experience. They have put up w/my hunting and for that I am eternally grateful. My daughter is the bow hunter in the family and she is passing it on...

27-May-20
Aside from obviously how important my family and church and friends, and work, etc.

When it comes to activities I enjoy, nothing compares to big game hunting and turkey hunting. For me. Besides one thing, no other activity gives me the pure rush that big game and turkey hunting give me. And I don't mean necessarily just with a bow either. I prefer to bowhunt, all things considered, but shotgunning turkeys, or rifle shooting big game gives me as big of a rush. I still get torn up when I'm about to take a shot at a trophy animal. I hope it never changes. . .

Now, the one thing. Being an attorney in a jury trial is a hell of a rush. It's much more stressful than hunting. It's almost pure stress. But when you get a to cross-examine a hostile witness, or make a closing argument and look the jurors in the face, it's a pure adrenaline rush too.

Bake

27-May-20
Whatever. I love and cherish my wife and family, but my heart doesn't fly out of my chest when one of them walks broadside at 20 yards.

27-May-20
I think some wives could do that.

27-May-20
Lol! I suppose! But you can't come to full draw and release on those. If you know what I mean! ;^D

27-May-20
I guess there is a reason, I save money and bow hunt Texas hogs in February, Idaho gobblers in April, Spring black bear in May, Bowfish carp in June/July, MT antelope in August, Sept.-Nov Deer/Elk/Moose or Sheep. And then we shoot Indoor 3 D in the winter! So yes, there are a few things better than bowhunting! :)

27-May-20
I suppose I must be getting old, but I found myself going over to the local management area this winter, parking the truck, and just walking around the woods, guess you could call it scouting, but I could have been in a tree hunting and I really just wanted to explore new areas. This is a big part of the appeal to drive west every year, getting to see southern NM this fall with my oldest son hunting archery elk and then with my best friend hunting Barbary Sheep, hope to harvest something, but the allure of seeing new country has me just as excited.

27-May-20
Besides family and whatnot, nothing even comes close to chasing elk in Sept. for me.

27-May-20
The only outdoor pursuit I enjoy more than bow hunting is watching my daughters play softball. My oldest pitches and I catch her at home 5 days a week from March through October. It can be a source of joy most days and frustration on others. :)

27-May-20

LINK's embedded Photo
She’s ten and eats it up.
LINK's embedded Photo
She’s ten and eats it up.
LINK's embedded Photo
Can’t wait for my youngest to start hunting and playing sports.
LINK's embedded Photo
Can’t wait for my youngest to start hunting and playing sports.

27-May-20
That's awesome, LINK. Do the pitchers have to wear a face mask?

27-May-20
No. Personal choice, my choice that is. I don’t want my daughters face jacked up. The pitching distance at age 10 is 35’ and 40’ for her now. She strides close to 6ft so pitchers are standing 29-35 feet from home plate. With today’s hot bats a ball can get back to the pitcher pretty quick. Last year I watched a pitcher take a line drive to the shoulder. The ball ended up at first after hitting her pretty squarely. She didn’t even have time to flinch. If I’m coaching they don’t get on the mound without a mask. Infield is their choice but most younger girls are wearing them. If you can take it, YouTube softball pitchers getting hit by line drives. Some are tough to watch.

27-May-20
Yes....yes there is.

27-May-20
Spear hunting beavers :-)

27-May-20
When it comes to hobbies, I don't think so. I have quite a few other hobbies that I really enjoy, gun hunting, fishing, small game, birds, hockey, golf, camping, boating, etc..... but bowhunting is what I devote the most time to so it must be the number one hobby for me based on my time/energy spent. While a romp in the hay is great fun, I can do that all year long. Running an arrow through a bull elk or even a whitetail doe, is not something I can do all year long. The immense feeling of satisfaction I get, watching that arrow disappear through a rib cage and knowing I accomplished my goal is tough to beat.

27-May-20
Fishing with my daughter is a great, she's a real hoot for about an hour. Then she is off to something else. But nothing beats bowhunting bull elk in the rut if we're talking about things outside of family and faith. The salt water is good medicine too, whether in the surf, tuna fishing, snorkeling, etc.!

27-May-20
Yeah, tuna fishing is a blast and ruined most fishing for me.

27-May-20
Of the things in life that don’t really matter but are great fun bowhunting is #1 with no close Second place contender

27-May-20
What Bou'bound said!

27-May-20
A few weeks before and during a bow season, the answer is no. Outside of bow season there are somethings better the bow hunting. Albeit not many.

28-May-20
Fishing. Not necessarily better but right there with it.

28-May-20
You’re right Stix!

28-May-20
LOL K Cummings! I love to fish, and nothing perturbs me more than the big Kahuna plowing water with his pontoon between me and the structure I'm fishing. It has me wondering if a pontoon can venture past 200 feet from shore.

28-May-20
At least he'll kiss his bass.

28-May-20
I enjoy stickbow hunting, but there are many other things in life more important.

28-May-20
I say I started Archery/bowhunting in 1956 as that is when I bought my 1st bow & joined organized archery. Nothing better than sharing archery event or bowhunt with family & or close friends. What comes first is my family & there is a lot of fishing, cookouts, water & amusement parks, ball games & just sharing a campfire. So it's 1-Family first & 2-Anything archery/bowhunting related. 2020 starts my 64th year & looking forward to my state NFAA/Field Championships in July + more & fall bowhunts with kids, G-kids & friends.

28-May-20

Cityhunter333's embedded Photo
Cityhunter333's embedded Photo
Yes

28-May-20
Only thing better than bowhunting, is bowhunting Iowa, in Sitka gear, as a nonresident.

28-May-20
LMAO@ PECO!!!!

28-May-20
Now your talking City !!

28-May-20
Wrong, PECO! Being a resident is EVEN better. You don’t get screwed out of $600-$800!

29-May-20
Bowhunting is great but, Psm 91 is where it's at. Few find it.

29-May-20

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Brewing your own bier! Made a batch yesterday.

29-May-20
Cityhunter333, nailed it.

29-May-20
Not sure..... thinking about bowhunting is close....

Screaming gold reels burning your thighs in 10 foot seas were pretty exciting too..... but I've always come back to bowhunting.

Family? Yeah.... but I bowhunted before family and I plan on bowhunting after em....... =D

There was this "sex" thing that was pretty cool if I remember right..... but you could bowhunt before and after that too, never got in the way of it...

Curious.... to those with such lofty priorities..... if you were told to quit hunting or wife was leaving you.... well, personally I'm gonna really miss her, part of the year anyway....

29-May-20

Dave B 's embedded Photo
Dave B 's embedded Photo
I like trolling Lake Michigan for kings. Screaming drags from big fish is pretty damn exciting.

31-May-20

TxHuntr's embedded Photo
TxHuntr's embedded Photo
TxHuntr's embedded Photo
TxHuntr's embedded Photo
TxHuntr's embedded Photo
TxHuntr's embedded Photo
I have too many hobbies

31-May-20
Bow hunting comes in third. First is my next heart beat and second is my next breath.

my best, Paul

31-May-20
I won't say better but equal in enjoyment to me along with bowhunting would be grandkids, offshore fishing, ice cold beer & the acaisional dip in the mud with the old turtle

31-May-20
A HALO jump over the Med. Hard to match that adrenaline.

31-May-20

happygolucky's embedded Photo
happygolucky's embedded Photo
KPC, I love my Bennington too. It took me awhile to become one of "them" pontoon people, but damn, the whole family loves it. So relaxing. Our place is on a 28 lake chain in northern WI and our boat rides can be hours long. We load up a cooler (and there are bars and restaurants on the chain) and head out. We can stop and swim if we want. Bluetooth radio gives us XM radio for the cruise. I love bowhunting, but Muskie fishing and time at the lake house with family is tough to pass.

31-May-20
Other than Jesus and my family, nothing tops bowhunting. I used to think the same thing about bass fishing until I started fishing for walleyes. Then I started bowhunting and it's all she wrote.

• Sitka Gear