JohnMC 28-Mar-21
BC 28-Mar-21
JohnMC 28-Mar-21
Huntcell 28-Mar-21
Wild Bill 28-Mar-21
GF 28-Mar-21
Bou'bound 29-Mar-21
03-Jun-20
Have any of you guys noticed posts being re-posted automatically day's later under your handle that you did not do? I have seen multiple posts in the past few weeks where on a thread where I have not posted anything recently an old post from days or weeks before will show up as if Irepeated recently.

Other than someone else using the same handle is there anything in the technology of the site that would be causing this.

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20
I'm not tech expert but I'd guess a worn out muffler bearing or a bad canooter valve.

03-Jun-20
I've never had a ghost post before. Not sure why Grant's post is there 4 times unless someone with Admin capability is pulling his chain.

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20
Good one KPC. made me chuckle.

03-Jun-20
Good one KPC. made me chuckle.

03-Jun-20
I’ve heard of “Ghost TO the Post” ala Stabler to Dave Casper.

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20
I happens frequently if you get an “Error” message. You think it didn’t go through, because it said it didn’t, so you try again. Then the little Error Gremlin takes the original post and sprinkles it around. The Error Gremlin also screws up picture posting and editing.

He needs to be bludgeoned with a big Tech Stick.

03-Jun-20
I happens frequently if you get an “Error” message. You think it didn’t go through, because it said it didn’t, so you try again. Then the little Error Gremlin takes the original post and sprinkles it around. The Error Gremlin also screws up picture posting and editing.

He needs to be bludgeoned with a big Tech Stick.

03-Jun-20
^^^^. And that’s him right there!!!

It could also be an organization known as “SCOLD” (Scoped Crossbows Only League Defenders). They’re here for Missouribreaks.

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20
I like the one where the bowsiter was showing all the elk pics and then all of a sudden a picture showed up under his handle/thread of some Russian looking dude holding a huge fish.

03-Jun-20
Once on one of my live muley hunt threads a mystery photo of an old navy gunboat mysteriously appeared...

03-Jun-20
I just had the timeout error too and it did post it on the original thread but I didn't check other threads for it.

03-Jun-20
I am not talking about the back to back to backers.

That is the error did it go thing.

what i have seen is posts from far earlier in the thread, days or weeks ago, showing up with the new date as if they were resent.

03-Jun-20
Once on one of my live muley hunt threads a mystery photo of an old navy gunboat mysteriously appeared...

03-Jun-20
Yes Bou it has happened to few members. I don`t know if the site has a "handle already being used choose another" default or not. Not sure how it happens but people have claimed it does.

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20

03-Jun-20
I just figure its touch screens, fat fingers and cookies.

03-Jun-20
Boo!

03-Jun-20
The secrets of Skinwalker Ranch have been exposed.

03-Jun-20
Some of my post and threads disappear but I am fairly sure it the mods.

04-Jun-20
Yesterday the ghost was causing a lot of double posting on threads.

04-Jun-20
Ambush - SCOLD is a scary crew! (you are a genius by the way ha ha ha) I have not, that I've noticed, has GP's, but Bowsite has been generally grumpy to me lately. Random pages take forever to load or wont load, I bring the page up and it gives me a notice about the page not working right now etc. Maybe a correlation there...

04-Jun-20
Pretty soon old TBM post will reappear!

04-Jun-20
Will, I’m not sure if the same fine line exits between genius and smart ass, but I’ll take it , thanks.

Yesterday and this morning I can’t post pics from an iPhone ( a common occurrence) but a few days ago I could. Quite a few glitches related to mobile usage which is not good in mobile user society.

Hopefully Bowsite doesn’t start into one of those cycles the service industry often hits. Declining revenue means declining service, so declining patronage which causes a repeat of the cycle.

And when people go away they often don’t return.

04-Jun-20
It’s ALIVE !!!

28-Mar-21
Still happening. Weeks after a post with no revisiting a duplicate is posted. Must be something with cookies or something. Anyone else?

28-Mar-21
All good on my end, haven’t see any Ghost

28-Mar-21
I think might have to do with the tab on your phone that appears after you post that said something to the effect of ‘your post will appear in approximately 5 minutes’ being left open and then click that tab.

28-Mar-21
Haven't seen that either. Only issue I notice is if I post a pic from iPhone it is shown sideways. Have to go to laptop and edit pic 90 degrees for it to be oriented correctly. Only happens with iPhone.

28-Mar-21
BC - just click the “image tool” above picture on thread after it post and to can rotate it there.

28-Mar-21
that image tool hasn't been available until just recently on my i-phone.

all these peculiarities will go away once the $ PREMIUM BOWSITE $ version comes out with the new and improved community forum, search function and secure for sale ads.

enhanced new and improved features will be unavailable on Leatherwall .... keeping with tradition and all.

28-Mar-21
I think it was two weeks ago there was a bitter poster on the site telling how to hack in and sign on as another poster.

28-Mar-21
Pretty sure that was only happening on the Leatherwall side of things… This platform is newer and more secure, but I think some information is affected on both sides. I know some of mine is…

29-Mar-21
Maybe someone familiar with the site architecture could speak to how this happens

• Sitka Gear