fubar racin 02-Jul-20
DL 02-Jul-20
hunt'n addict 02-Jul-20
Beendare 02-Jul-20
IdyllwildArcher 02-Jul-20
TD 02-Jul-20
30-Jun-20

IdyllwildArcher's Link
Gets attacked by a wild animal in YSNP...

30-Jun-20
Yep, it happens all the time. The people who go to Yellowstone always assume the animals are tame and docile. Also they all want the up close and personal photo. It seems like a lot of people have loss common sense anymore.

30-Jun-20
And the news guy said "and just to let you know, we don't know if that's a picture of the bison in question". lol. The lady is looking at him like uhh 'no s#$t".

30-Jun-20
If you’re within 10 feet does the animal really “charge” or just take a couple of steps before it kicks your ax?

30-Jun-20

Too many bows Bob's embedded Photo
Too many bows Bob's embedded Photo
A 72 year old lady just got gored by a buffalo id Yellowstone. She got within 10 trying to take a picture.

TMBB

30-Jun-20
I asked a ranger at Yellowstone what the craziest thing he saw someone do and he told me he caught a lady smearing honey on her kids cheek so she could get a picture of the cute bear licking his cheek! True story,

Lee

30-Jun-20
Unbelievable...

30-Jun-20
Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American. This is why the population of Realville is so low...idiots not allowed in

30-Jun-20
Yeah, but did she get her picture?

30-Jun-20
Just read last week, a lady was filing suit against Yellowstone National Park because the bears didn’t come to her when she called to them. In her statement to the press, she said, “ the bears should be tame, so ppl could enjoy their company”. When told she was in a wild environment, her response was, “ that’s no excuse”. The stupidity of ppl never ceases to amaze me.

30-Jun-20

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo

01-Jul-20
no 72 year old grandmother deserves to be gored. you can understand how it happened, but certainly unfortunate. she did not know any more about wildlife interaction on a species she has probably never seen before than we do about crocheting and making a pie crust.

01-Jul-20
There is no need to take shots at me!!! I can crochet, knit and I make a beautiful pie.

01-Jul-20
Calling an animal in a National Park "wild" is itself a stretch. It appears closer to a petting zoo than a wild environment. In fact, it's more dangerous than either. Not hunting them, EVER, and surrounding them with docile, clueless people is pretty much a guarantee of disaster. Of course, if they were truly wild, the vast majority of visitors would never see them.

01-Jul-20
I am sure she is ok. She probably jumped the fence and sat in a hot spring after getting gored.

01-Jul-20
I pulled a Darwin award in Yellowstone one time. Was hiking (by myself), and had to cross a runoff below a hot spring. Couldn't go around the top of it because of terrain, so went down stream a little ways, and it was too wide to step across. But there was a handy flattish rock right in the middle, barely poking out of the innocent-appearing water :)

I just barely rolled my ankle over enough to get some of that water up on the arch of my sole and heel, maybe a golf ball size spot . . . . Wow! I kicked my shoe off, tore off my sock, screamed obscenities while hopping around! Man that was hot!

I felt pretty stupid

01-Jul-20
Taking into consideration that she was discharged from the hospital so early, I don't think that the sensational headline seeking city slicker news medias definition of being gored is the same as mine.

01-Jul-20
Bou'bound, if you've ever been to YSNP, you'll understand that there is no reason to be uneducated about the potential danger associated with getting too close to the wildlife. It is plastered everywhere you look "STAY AWAY FROM THE ANIMALS! THEY ARE DANGEROUS!" etc.

It's on the maps you get when you enter, the rangers patrol and constantly yell at people to stay in their cars, etc. There's no excuse for being ignorant of the danger unless you are blind, deaf, and/or dumb. It's even in like 12 languages.

The video at the Old Faithful visitor's center that continually replays shows some guy following an elk around a tree with a video camera and said elk tiring of being bothered and giving his follower a fling of about 8 feet into the tree.

Everywhere you can park, there's signs saying the animals are dangerous and to keep your distance.

01-Jul-20
I just hope when I am as old as Ziek I am less bitter and grumpy.

01-Jul-20
great point you are 100% right.

02-Jul-20

Just read last week, a lady was filing suit against Yellowstone National Park because the bears didn’t come to her when she called to them. In her statement to the press, she said, “ the bears should be tame, so ppl could enjoy their company”. When told she was in a wild environment, her response was, “ that’s no excuse”. The stupidity of ppl never ceases to amaze me.

AMEN! I hope the judge takes no more than 5 seconds to throw that REDICULOUS suit out of court! : (

02-Jul-20
Better yet I hope the judge takes the time to run her court costs high enough to break her.

02-Jul-20
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

02-Jul-20
A couple years ago I asked a ranger in Grand Teton NP what was the stupidest thing he had seen. He said earlier that summer a family sprayed bear spray on their kids because it said bear repellent. All the kids were rushed to the ER and treated with burns.

You can't fix stupid!

02-Jul-20
Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about Governor Newsome.....

02-Jul-20
I wish he'd go to YSNP for some selfies...

02-Jul-20
Personally.... I blame Walt Disney..... Started with Bambi..... on to Lion King.... they even found a way to FUBAR Star Wars.... it's quite unfortunate the masses of people who grew up to anthropomorphize animals and have such a poor grasp of logic and reality....

Yeah Bruce.... was thinking the same thing with CA .... LOL!

"not only will this kill you, it will hurt the whole time you are dying" Fell out of my chair laughing.... made my day, thanks!

• Sitka Gear