jjs 06-Jul-20
TJS 06-Jul-20
Don K 06-Jul-20
MathewsMan 07-Jul-20
elknailer 07-Jul-20
goelk 07-Jul-20
Scar Finga 07-Jul-20
06-Jul-20
well I've been putting this off for awhile and its time. From your experiences what is the total time healing and latest i should do this before hunting season in Sept.

06-Jul-20
My Mom had her one eye done a week ago. First morning, after surgery, she took the bandage off and was amazed at how clearly she could see. A week later and all is good. Her next eye is being done at the end of this month. With fast a positive results for the first, she's looking forward to getting the next done. Think there is a week or two of restricted activity after surgery, but she's pretty happy with how quick her first surgery went.

06-Jul-20
Had it done a couple years ago, agree with the restricted activity for a couple of weeks, then ok. Back to the visual acuity I had when I was a young man.

Terry

06-Jul-20
I had both eyes done about 3yrs ago. I started shooting my bow a couple days after each one. That said, I’d recommend having the surgery done at least two months out from hunting season, and it has nothing to do with your vision. Best I can remember, I had to put in 3 different eye drop medications several times a day. One was a steroid that I had to put in for approx 1 week, another that continued for a few weeks, and a third that lasted about 6 weeks. Just not something I’d want to deal with when I’m hunting.

06-Jul-20
My buddy had it done and the doc recommended a 2x lens in his shooting eye....

Seems counterintuitive to me but he loves it.

06-Jul-20
I'd suggest you get it done ASAP since you've reached the decision to have it done. Patients heal at different rates but it is not uncommon for folks to see much better the day after surgery. Locally, the standard is to have the eyes done one week apart. As WYO stated above, you will be on a "cocktail" of eye drops over a 3-4 week period of time. The only restrictions you should have would be to avoid strenuous physical activity for a few weeks after surgery. With all the disruptions with COVID 19, good luck getting this all done prior to September elk season. Feel free to PM if you have other questions.

06-Jul-20
After surgery, restrictive activity for a couple of days, wore swimming goggles to prevent soap in eyes for a couple of weeks, drops to prevent infection for a month and then released for full, reasonable activity. As I recall full healing time is around 90 days.

Clarity in vision was noticed day after surgery. You will have to make a decision what type of lens replacement you want- up close vision (reading) or distance vision. Am right-eye dominant so I opted for distance for my left eye. I am not ready for right eye procedure yet, but plan to have the up close vision lens installed in it.

I had to get fitted for readers after the surgery (which is normal) due to age/condition of eyes. All & all- a good deal.

My lasik surgery held good vision for 15 yrs before cataract surgery was required.

Best of luck on your procedure.

06-Jul-20
Best thing I ever did.Easy peasy now I have 20/10 vision after wearing glasses my whole life.I had zero down time did both eyes a week apart

06-Jul-20
I guess I'm the oddball. I had my right (shooting) eye done a few years ago. I was getting a fancy, spiffy lens put in. I was awake for the procedure. During the installation of this spiffy lens, the lens sack tore or collapsed . The Doc had to pull that lens out and install a govt issue lens. It took several weeks to get to the point where I could see thru it in a reasonable manner. I still have a small glob of floaters floating around the eye. The Doc used a laser to blast some of the floaters sometime after the procedure but he didn't get them all. I'll do the left eye next spring to get it over with.

06-Jul-20
Just got mine done, and it is a dream come true. I also would recommend a 2 month window if you are having both eyes done.

06-Jul-20
Had both eyes done Feb.and March;peace of cake.A month of eye drops and no heavy lifting for a month.Awake for both procedures and it took about ten minutes.

06-Jul-20
Had both of mine done... Slight delay in the second eye due to the China virus shutting down elective surgeries. I opted for monovision, where my right eye is corrected for distance and my left for reading. Not everyone can do this; but I had been monovisioning for years with contacts. Presently better than 20/20 with distance and I can read the smallest print without need of glasses or readers. My doctor recommended prescription eye drops for 6 weeks post surgery, but my eyes were back to normal within a couple days post surgery.

Contact wearers need to be out of their contacts for at least a month before being evaluated so that they eye can assume its normal shape.

06-Jul-20
I have had both eyes done. I have had two gel sack detachments. Doctor said it was a side effect of cataract surgery. Vision is ok but the floaters are unreal.

06-Jul-20
I got cataracts at only 50 yrs old, was screwed for any kind of decent vision. Got my right, dominant eye done for long range, left eye done for reading but still was supposed to be good for long range. Now my right eye is good but not great for long range, my left eye excellent for long range and neither eye worth a hoot for reading. I was told these things don’t always heal as perfect as hoped and better to not mess with another surgery. So my experience was getting vision much better than it was but not as advertised on what I was going to get.

06-Jul-20
Advise to get the lenis that you do not need cheaters, cost more but worth from the hassle of close work, worth it in the long run.

06-Jul-20
What jjs said above. The more expensive lenses have improved my distance perfectly as well as providing very good up close vision. (I couldn't do lasik earlier, but this did the trick.

I did develop nuisance floaters, but doctor insisted it had nothing to do with the cataract surgery.

Eyes were done two weeks apart. I'd advise that. The two months before season is sound. Had mine done last September. Was okay as my hunting began in mid/late October.

06-Jul-20
Easier than going to the dentist. Biggest problem I had was getting in to get it done. The doctor I used has a long wait list due to the number of people using him (good thing). Had both eyes done a year apart, I would give yourself a month to make sure you don't have any floaters or other issues. You can do normal things as stated after a couple days.

07-Jul-20
Cataracts procedure was way less of an issue than LASIK procedure.

I only had my left eye done and it’s not my dominant eye. I did not do the upgrade lens and my follow up appointment in January was cancelled so I’ve still not been back for my appointment and use reading glasses- I’d like to get my Rx for readers as together it’s strange having one need it and the other not.

Phone and reading is a pain without readers but outside and glassing is better than it was before.

Once done with the drops you should be good.

07-Jul-20
after I had mine done 2 yrs ago I could pick out arrow holes at 20 yds.

07-Jul-20
Well i got call for appt in late August i call back and schedule in Oct. Thanks everyone!

07-Jul-20
Yep, No worries... I have had it done twice, no problems at all!

• Sitka Gear