APauls 13-Jul-20
10-Jul-20
You may want to reach out to Don Higgins @ higgins outdoors

10-Jul-20
Yes, Higgins Outdoors

10-Jul-20

SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
Not sure if you're aware but out on a limb mfg offers a stick with a small platform up top (called the scout). You can also buy bolt on platforms for LW, Muddy, Hawk, and XOP sticks from various places - see facebook page in picture.

10-Jul-20
If it’s a bigger platform, it makes the top stick issueless for climbing. It’s not a smart idea unless you want to buy and carry an extra stick.

10-Jul-20
Predator platform.

11-Jul-20
ring of steps

11-Jul-20
I use hawk helium sticks modified to a shorter length. With a 5 step aider. Three sticks and a homemade platform that I bolted onto a wild edge step.

11-Jul-20
I use hawk helium sticks modified to a shorter length. With a 5 step aider. Three sticks and a homemade platform that I bolted onto a wild edge step.

11-Jul-20

WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
 WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
It’s 3/4 plywood. Actually works pretty good. But, this year I’m going to swap out the cam buckle for a ratchet strap. Make it easier to get right.

Using the step buckle, you gave to fiddle with it to get it tight enough sometimes. With a ratchet strap, you just crank it until it starts jacking up the platform, then when you step out on it, it lock extremely tight and stay that way while pivoting and such.

11-Jul-20
Shaft, I just saw your question. If you want to climb up under that platform, then that’s on you. However, I’ve hung climb on stands in trees and climbed up directly under them before. It’s quite the pickle getting up over them like that.

11-Jul-20
That Scout looks interesting, thanks. I don't think any of them are large enough to hinder climbing like a full size platform would?.

Have several trees set up with limbs and such as steps/platforms. There are a few I could use another step or two at the top. Incorporating it into a top stick seems a good, fast (and fairly solid) idea. Right now using wild edge as extra top step when needed, but not often enough apparently. Having little short term memory left I have to relearn the damn knot every time I use them. =D

11-Jul-20
No. But a bigger one would.

12-Jul-20
I use the new Hawk 20" sticks and 20" knaider. It gets me right at 19 ft and I use the predator platform. Shawn

13-Jul-20
If you are gonna use the top stick as platform I would ass nothing to the stick just use a strap with two steps on it and put on at 90 degrees to the top step on the stick. If you have ever used a ring of steps it is simple. I just do not like the ring of steps and I want a platform that I can turn my back to the tree and actually stand on for a shot. Shawn

13-Jul-20
I don't, but I do hang my predator platform at the same height as my top stick so that I have my platform PLUS the stick at the same level. Now you have a ton of stuff to stand on and leverage off of. It's like as if my platform just got a foot wider.

• Sitka Gear