grizzley21 18-Jul-20
JW 18-Jul-20
Pat Lefemine 20-Jul-20
JW 21-Jul-20
map1 21-Jul-20
scott7030 21-Jul-20
cord62 21-Jul-20
18-Jul-20
Shaft, License info is online at ODNR. Not sure if the current years tag structure is there yet. Tag numbers go by county, typically 2,3,or4 tags depending on what county. Statewide 1 buck per season. There are no archery only areas that I’m aware of. Public land is everywhere but hunted hard, however good bucks are killed every year. Wayne National Forest is the largest area, but lots of areas around the state. If you come get a fall turkey tag as well, there are lots of turkey in the eastern/southeastern counties.

18-Jul-20
There are bow only area I believe around Cleveland. Many decent public spots in Ohio but it has started to get over run. 10 years ago when I leased there public was pretty good as I said it is still decent but you have to do your homework. It may take you a few years to figure it out only hunting 4 days at a time may be tough. Shawn

18-Jul-20
there is a bow only at auburn marsh wildlife area in geauga county.. it is kinda of small.

18-Jul-20
Public here in Ohio gets pounded from Halloween to thanksgiving but there are pockets here and there that don’t get the pressure. I’d either go in really deep on big, hard to access areas or try to look for small isolated pieces of public that may get overlooked. Best of luck !

20-Jul-20
I posted this on your ? on the Ohio forum but will repost it here.

I looked at buying some private land bordered by public. Public pressure was very light there. It was down in Galia county. Big chunk of public.

21-Jul-20
Shaft, check your pms.

21-Jul-20
You will see license plates from Maine to Florida and everywhere in between. Lots of land though just walk past the 2nd ridge from road hills are steep.

21-Jul-20
I've hunted southern Ohio a lot over the last 6 years, all on public land. I would agree with everyone's comments above. I have killed an ok buck on stateland but have passed lots or missed opportunities on lots of good bucks. Usually one out of the four of us get a great opportunity at a good buck every year. We usually hunt a long ways from the road and in steep country to avoid people, sometimes that works others times it doesn't. I've run into a lot of Amish hunters way back in a section of land that i had idea how they got there. All you can do is try and don't be afraid to try new places.

21-Jul-20
Public land pressure is very light, almost non existent during bow around my private 50ac,... more of the same during gun. Haven't missed gun opening day in over 25 years here, very quite,,, No Smurfs either.. Tons of land, nobody around but me and the deer. It's out there, just just gotta get lucky I guess good luck boys

• Sitka Gear