Norseman 20-Jul-20
elkmtngear 20-Jul-20
Wild Bill 20-Jul-20
JohnMC 21-Jul-20
Glunt@work 21-Jul-20
Wild Bill 21-Jul-20
JohnMC 21-Jul-20
20-Jul-20
Anyone else up early (turkey time 4 Am) and seeing the Neowise comet. Not too far from big dipper very early AM.

Finally had a clear mourning to see it. You can see the tail even without binoculars. Way cool.

https://earthsky.org/space/how-to-see-comet-c2020-f3-neowise

20-Jul-20
I have been watching it through binocs in the evening. Going to try the spotting scope tonight. Just below and right of the Big Dipper.

20-Jul-20
I have checked it out at night through the binos as well. Can see it great from my deck!

20-Jul-20
Been looking evenings and can't find it.

Looking SW of the pan in the big dipper after sunset. The charts I have show it there.

20-Jul-20
Checked it out with binos last night about 10pm, very cool! Going to get the spotter out so my daughters can take a look tonight.

20-Jul-20
Think I will try the spotter tonight as well if we have a clear evening.

20-Jul-20
Below right end (East) of Big Dipper. Looks to be heading down? Correct?

20-Jul-20
Daughter and I watched it last night with binos, she set up a tripod, and got some cool photos!

20-Jul-20
Found it tonight and am quite pleased with it's appearance. I haven't seen one as perfectly formed since Comet West in 1976.

It was below the roof line of a neighbors house from my usual skywatch location. I started looking earlier and once I found it, I couldn't not see it. On three separate viewings with binoculars I picked up three satellites passing, west to east.

21-Jul-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Went and found it tonight took some pics but they did not turn out great. They turned out really grain on bowsite not that bad until added to bowsite

21-Jul-20
Neighbors had a big telescope out. The kids got to see the comet, and get a good look at Jupiter and Saturn.

21-Jul-20
Nice photos JohnMc. What camera were you using? Settings?

21-Jul-20
Canon 90D and 70-200mm F2.8 Mostly on 2,8 exposure from 5-30 seconds

• Sitka Gear