yooper89 20-Jul-20
TEmbry 20-Jul-20
IdyllwildArcher 20-Jul-20
MQQSE 20-Jul-20
'Ike' (Phone) 20-Jul-20
IdyllwildArcher 20-Jul-20
TEmbry 20-Jul-20
20-Jul-20
Does anyone know where my ,almost 21 year old, son could rent a car in Anchorage? Most companies don’t rent to people under 21. It’s amazing that an 18 year old can go to war but can’t rent a car.

He is going to go fishing on the Kenai peninsula while he waits for me to return from Nunivak and then we will both go sheep hunting.

There must be somewhere that would rent to him.

20-Jul-20
See if they will rent to you and add him as a driver. Every rental company has different requirements. Some will add the kids as drivers, some wont.

20-Jul-20
I’m guessing they’ll rent to him but he’ll have additional fees for being under 21.

20-Jul-20
Rent it in your name and send him on his way. I had the same issue traveling out west back in college for hunts. The only other thought is to call UHAUL and inquire about one of their single cab trucks (that was always my go to for rentals)

20-Jul-20
I know for a fact that at least one of the rental agencies at the Anchorage airport will rent to him because I know of someone who was under 21and has traveled to Anchorage from here several times and rented a car at the airport.

20-Jul-20
We had heard Hertz would but when we phoned they said no. May have gotten the wrong person on the line. We tried for a Uhaul PU too but they were sold out. Tried Craigslist with no luck but moments ago he found one from a private individual. Expensive but he’s going fishing!

I have my insurance agent checking to see if he could take over my rental from me and be legal should any issues arise. Haven’t heard back. I just left Seattle and land in ANC in 2.5 hours. I took off 71.5 hours after my negative Covid test. Should be free to roam when I land.

20-Jul-20
Just any vehicle or truck? Try these guys! Alaska 4x4 Rentals 907-290-0064 Really good guys when I’ve dealt with them...

20-Jul-20
I have to correct myself. I checked with her and she said no one will. She used a family member's car.

20-Jul-20
Maybe I should start a bowsite truck rental, for the right price I’ll start riding my bike to work lol

• Sitka Gear