Oryx35 31-Jul-20
DE Bow Hunter 02-Aug-20
Pyrannah 02-Aug-20
Buffalo1 02-Aug-20
pav 03-Aug-20
WV Mountaineer 03-Aug-20
BigSkyHntr 03-Aug-20
29-Jul-20
In the market for a high quality hard side cooler. Recent events have me paying closer attention to where items are made. Found the Cordova coolers online....made in Idaho per the website. Wondering if any Bowsiters have experience with these coolers? Thanks, Paul

29-Jul-20
I live about 30 miles from their location. I have had good and not so good experiences. the good experiences was when the previous owner (Captain Scott on Deadliest Catch) owned it. My next purchase won't be them.

I have seen several ice retention tests and I like the nICE coolers for 1/3 less cost.

30-Jul-20
Thanks for the response. I'll keep looking around. Would prefer to buy American made. Avoiding made in China as much as possible. Pandemic has definitely made the former more challenging and it's amazing how difficult it actually is to avoid the latter.

30-Jul-20
RTIC coolers for me. Built like a Yeti but much less expensive

And if you get on their email List, they have sales

30-Jul-20
I've picked up 3 different size Canyon Coolers this summer, made in AZ. Seem like a very well made product with a lifetime warranty and have worked very well for me so far.

30-Jul-20
I've picked up 3 different size Canyon Coolers this summer, made in AZ. Seem like a very well made product with a lifetime warranty and have worked very well for me so far. Much cheaper than Yeti as well.

30-Jul-20
Love my Cordova so far after 3 yrs of hard use. Not the cheapest but very well designed and rugged. I have aged venison in it for 14 days with out recharging the ice, just drained the water off.

31-Jul-20
No experience with Cordova, but Pelican is made in the USA. I've been happy with my Pelican.

02-Aug-20
I’ll be following. In the market as well. My neighbor has a cabelas cooler and likes it but not sure where it’s made.

02-Aug-20
I believe Orion is USA and RTIC (I own one) is made in China

I have heard the Orion cooler is outstanding

02-Aug-20
Ever considered a Coleman Extreme 5 ? They are the real deal and cost much less than the "trendy" coolers.

03-Aug-20
Thanks for the responses. My intention is to buy Made in the USA. Yeti makes a few coolers in the USA, but the majority in the Philippines. Both Rtic and nICE are made in China and that's the last place I want to support. Finding that difficult on many fronts. So much is made in China!

I have three Coleman Extremes. The two larger Coleman coolers (150qt and 120qt) hold their own. The 60qt leaves much to be desired. That's the approximate size I'm interested in. The pandemic seems to have taken a toll on American made cooler availability. I'm seeing alot of "Sold Out" and "Out of Stock" on the websites in that size.

Still looking for "the one", but you guys have definitely added some new names to my list. Appreciate the feedback!

03-Aug-20
Lifetime makes Their coolers in the USA. And, they’ll hold ice longer then most. Orca makes them here. Grizzly makes them here. Pelican makes them here. I’m sure there are others I’ve missed. But, none of the ones I mentioned above out performs the lifetime.

I own RTIC, grizzly, and lifetime personally. The lifetime out performs those three. It out performs every cooler I’ve owned or used. Including other name brand units.

03-Aug-20
Might check out Permafrost, made in Bozeman,MT. Don’t have any personal experience with em but they look very well made

• Sitka Gear