jrhurn 05-Aug-20
glidingindian 09-Aug-20
Joey Ward 09-Aug-20
glidingindian 09-Aug-20
Gunny 10-Aug-20
JusPassin 10-Aug-20
Candor 11-Aug-20
31-Jul-20
I don't know how to search archived threads so I'm going to start this one.

In your opinion, what is the most comfortable tree stand? Either lock on or ladder stand. I'm bigger than the average bear(6'3", 250lbs) and the older I get the more uncomfortable I am in my stands when I'm on long sits. I can't afford to replace all my stands with top of the line stands, but I will replace at least two on my "hotspots", with some nicer stands. I'm not rich but will step up to the plate and spend more this year.

Thanks for your input!

31-Jul-20
Millennium M150 - far and away the most comfortable stand I’ve used.

-Mitch

31-Jul-20
Do you ever have any issues with squirrels chewing on the fabric of the seat?

31-Jul-20
I have not - and with other stands I’ve had that issue. My homemade wooden ones get chewed to pieces. Never had a problem with the Millennium though. I’ve only been using the Millennium for probably 3-4 yrs though.

31-Jul-20
Millennium is definitely most comfortable IMO. They don’t last down here. Rust out pretty quick. Family traditions aren’t quite as comfy but they’re built way better

31-Jul-20
millenium

31-Jul-20
I’ve got a few of the Milleniums as well. Like you, I was concerned about the tree rats chewing up the fabric seats as well. Surprisingly, so far (3yrs) that hasn’t been an issue. Very comfortable stands, too.

31-Jul-20
Another vote for M150. My dad weighs about the same as you perhaps a touch heavier and he loves them. We ditched all other stands 5 years ago and purchased and 3 each of the M150’s. We sit for 12-14 hours a day some days and they are great.

31-Jul-20
Ladder from Big Game.

31-Jul-20
I have a twisted timber stand that is far and away my most comfortable. It is adjustable for any tree and sits perfectly level and has a huge platform. I believe they are out of business though. Might be able to find a used one somewhere.

31-Jul-20
So I just checked out the Millenniums online. How does the edge of the seat feel on the back of your legs?

Dana, I have a cheap ladder stand we have used for years and I may replace it with a more comfortable ladder stand.

31-Jul-20
No issues for me on the back of my legs. I can sit for hours and not have my legs fall asleep, etc...

31-Jul-20
I used the 150 last season. Very comfortable. My Summit Goliath climber would be a close second.

31-Jul-20
I really like the Lone Wolf Elite Hang-on and Ladder stands. They are big and comfortable but they do not make them any more so they can be hard to find.

31-Jul-20
Mancini 360 Climbing Stand

31-Jul-20
Of all the stands I've hunted out of the Tree Lounge has been the most comfortable.

31-Jul-20
Many years ago I used a friends Tree Lounge, fell asleep in it. (there's one on Craigslist for $200 right now) Very comfortable, but I'm not looking for a climber. I want a hang on or ladder for bigger guys. Most are only rated to 300lbs. With all my hunting gear, and how much I ate that day, I'm pushing the limits. I want a comfortable one that my legs don't go to sleep and my back isn't aching after a long sit.

Not whining just can afford a few better ones and going to switch.

Thanks for the input guys.

31-Jul-20
Rivers Edge 2man ladder stand. We only use ladder stands and are very happy with this model. Not cheap but very heavy duty, big platform & are very comfortable. Its like sitting on the couch in your living room. It takes 2men to put it up unless you have some type of winch though.

https://www.scheels.com/p/rivers-edge-lockdown-2-man-ladder-stand/81160300199.html?src=google_shipping_control&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIktPZiJj46gIVgYbACh2tfQD4EAQYAiABEgL9D_D_BwE

31-Jul-20

Hancock West's Link
Rivers Edge 2man ladder stand. We only use ladder stands and are very happy with this model. Not cheap but very heavy duty, big platform & are very comfortable. Its like sitting on the couch in your living room. It takes 2men to put it up unless you have some type of winch though.

31-Jul-20
Hancock, I sure hope that stand comes with some real good instructions. Because if they are like most I've seen from other makers, there's maybe 8......10 guys here that could put it together. LOL :-) :-) :-)

31-Jul-20
It appears that most if not all treestand manufacturers are now going with the mesh seat design. They are comfortable to sit in but the problem with the seat is that when you fold it back it is not flush with the tree. Therefore when you stand up you are not able to get flush with the tree and you are left standing about 6 inches from the tree.

In my neck of the woods that aint going to cut it. If you can not stand with your back flush against the tree the deer will pick you off every time.

31-Jul-20
Gunny, this one might suit ya -

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/big-game-hunter-hd-15-ladder-stand

04-Aug-20
I have a hard time staying awake in a 150.

Bowmania

04-Aug-20
Millennium M100 and 150 - the most comfortable stand I’ve used.

05-Aug-20
My Millienium is so comfortable when I found they make boat seats I got one of those too!

05-Aug-20
Hawk 1.5 man ladder stand. By far the most comfortable stand I've used. Not the most ideal for sitting and shooting with a bow but still works. Lot's of room to stand and shoot.

05-Aug-20
Big Game 1.5 18.5 foot ladder. We now have 5 of them out. So comfy, and tall enough that with some brushing, don't get picked.

Love them. Can find them for about 150-170 each.

09-Aug-20
Have multiple millennium stands , they are my favorite. Did have tree rats chews one to pieces so ordered new mesh from millennium and got it quickly.. anyone know how to get the old rivets out without doing damage???

09-Aug-20
Drill and bit the same size as the rivet head.

09-Aug-20
Thanks Joey. Tried to drill them out a while back, maybe bit not hard enough? I’ll call millennium tomorrow , sure this is user incompetence!

10-Aug-20
Purchased the Millennium M-150 from Scheels Saturday. $250.

Bottom seat attachment has to have the holes reamed out to accept the bolts provided. I have to get a correct size bit or file. Other than that, I will use some cammo paint to help break up the color.

This is a big stand. My only worry is that it may be too big. I will use some cammo netting to help conceal it. Don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

Looking forward to a long comfortable hunt with it.

10-Aug-20
OK, 70+ years old and hunting out of ladder stands; 1. The stand has to have side railings, if it doesn't come with them I make them and add on. 2. The stand has to face away from the sun during the period I'm most likely to be in it. 3. The tree itself has to be straight or better yet leaning slightly away from the stand. 4. When mounted the seat has to be level or a bit raised at the front. 5. I cut the bottom legs of the stand so their about 3 inches, enough to force into the ground so the bottom rung bears the weight and eliminates movement. 6. All joints, ball locks, and braces are wrapped with black duct tape, no jingling. 7. Ideally the seat should fold up when I stand up. 8. Foam pad on the seat, always.

11-Aug-20
Another vote for the M150 for comfort. Though I don't like the stand because it makes standing and leaning against the tree difficult if not impossible.

Any stand with a wide, net seat is very comfortable in my opinion.

• Sitka Gear