AZ8 06-Aug-20
Grubby 06-Aug-20
wooddamon1 06-Aug-20
huntabsarokee 06-Aug-20
LINK 06-Aug-20
hawkeye in PA 06-Aug-20
Grubby 06-Aug-20
04-Aug-20
I have been kicking around buying a twin air mattress for truck camping. I see some have built in pumps and claim to inflate/deflate in minutes. They are pretty inexpensive. Does anybody use these? Any recommendations? Or should I just stick with my trusty army cot?

04-Aug-20
I'm doing that this year ... if weight isn't a deal, why not?

04-Aug-20
I highly recommend an air mattress if truck camping. I use an aero bed and its like sleeping on a real bed.

04-Aug-20
Yeah, that'll be me this Year as well!

My hunting partner brought one last year for his tent, I was seething with jealousy!

04-Aug-20
Both. Cot with 2 1/2" Neoair mattress - works great. I like a cot because you can swing your legs over the side and with getting older makes it easier to get up at 2 am to pee!

04-Aug-20
I like a cot for sitting and the storage underneath. Put my air pad on top and drape a blanket over the whole thing to trap air under it when it's cold out.

04-Aug-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Truck camping is what a twin size memory mattress was made for. You could say I used to kinda live in the back of my pickup.

04-Aug-20
Will a power inverter work to run the pump?

04-Aug-20
I've camped quite a bit and don't have much time for air mattresses...never found a comfortable one. In the bed of my truck is an innerspring rollaway bed mattress. No different than sleeping at home.

04-Aug-20
Agree if it is going to stay in the bed of the truck than a real innerspring mattress is the way to go. I used to have a Chevy and you could lay 2x4s acrossed the bed and lay a sheet of plywood on it. Gave storage underneath and than put a full size mattress on top. I had a cap on that truck and it was awesome for staying in. Shawn

04-Aug-20
It won’t be in the truck for me, I bought a new Kodiak canvas tent and it will be in there

04-Aug-20
Yes, a power inverter will run the pump.

04-Aug-20
Go with a cot with 2-3" air mattress or memory foam mattress. You will have storage under the cot, a place to sit on the edge to put your boots on and stay warmer. A air mattress in contact with the ground and 15" of air will be cold due to convection.

05-Aug-20
check out a 12v cigarette lighter pump. Used one for my Zodiac and Avon for years. It's easy to wire in a pair of clamps if you have to use an ATV as a power source.

06-Aug-20
I’ve tried a few different brands. In the end, they all suck! You’ll wake up with a half-inflated bed. No matter how new it was, I could never keep it fully inflated throughout the night. Made for many uncomfortable nights and sore backs. Once I switched to a cot with a 2” pad, it was a game changer. I was able sleep without any issues. I also use mine in a Kodak tent.

06-Aug-20
As far as the cot mattresses go what are you guys using ? There doesn’t seem to be much to choose from. But a twin mattress topper and cut it down?

06-Aug-20
I'm in for suggestions as well. I have a huge cot and normally use a yoga pad under a regular air mattress or a Klymit V-Luxe, which is comfy but can get cold. Don't really wanna spend the moolah for an insulated version if there's another option.

06-Aug-20
I use a cot with a memory foam mattress I picked up on Amazon that is about the same size as a cot. Sleep as good as home.

06-Aug-20
Hunt how thick is your memory foam?

06-Aug-20
I went with a piece of 4" foam wrapped in a bed sheet and has worked well. Previous air mattress my grandson stabbed with a stylus, made for a long weekend!

06-Aug-20
Trifold foam mattresses seem to be cheaper and I assume more compact to transport. Anybody got one of these?

• Sitka Gear