Kevin Speicher 13-Aug-20
lewis 13-Aug-20
BOWNBIRDHNTR 14-Aug-20
Heat 15-Aug-20
fishnride 15-Aug-20
08-Aug-20

Kevin Speicher 's embedded Photo
After 12 good years, I lost my best friend Annie on July 4th. We put on a lot of miles together and had some great times. She took a piece of my heart with her, she was an incredible dog and will be sorely missed. Please share photos of your best friends.

I don't think there are many things in this world better than a good dog.

08-Aug-20

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
It is tough! Hold them in your heart forever!

08-Aug-20
Too bad dogs don't live as long as we do. But that's the way it is, sorry for your lost buddy.

08-Aug-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Chase the Wonder Dog sends his condolences
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Chase the Wonder Dog sends his condolences

08-Aug-20
8^\ So sorry!

08-Aug-20
Treasure the memories

08-Aug-20

fubar racin's embedded Photo
fubar racin's embedded Photo
Ole gadwall Duck the coon dog lost him 2 weeks ago tomorrow still broken hearted I feel for ya man

08-Aug-20

Norseman 's embedded Photo
Walter Boy!
Norseman 's embedded Photo
Walter Boy!

08-Aug-20
Wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am. Sorry for your loss.

08-Aug-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Sorry man.

Ol Moose is 15 now. Sleeps a lot and goes with me as much as possible.

08-Aug-20
For my 70th birthday in May, my daughter gave me a framed print. She had given an artist she knew, pictures of my 8 bird dogs l buried, and my present dog. The artist did it in charcoal pencil, my present dog in the middle, and all the rest, their faces surround him I just love it. The artist work was incredible, so life like.

08-Aug-20
Sorry that you lost your dog. Your dog went over the rainbow bridge, ,tail wagging

08-Aug-20

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
My wife and I lost her Jake two years ago in June. He was 14. Looks so much like your dog. I am sorry you lost her. My wife still feels like it just happened yesterday. So sad to lose them. TK

08-Aug-20

jstephens61's embedded Photo
jstephens61's embedded Photo
Sophie sends her condolences.

08-Aug-20

drycreek's embedded Photo
I feel your pain brother. Sarge The Wonder Dog is my constant companion. He’s 12 in October and I hope he outlives me.....

08-Aug-20

Johnny Koester's embedded Photo
Johnny Koester's embedded Photo
My fishing partner,

08-Aug-20

White Falcon's embedded Photo
I feel it also. Abby, lived a good life for 14 yrs.

08-Aug-20

08-Aug-20

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Bella, my 8mo old GSP...

08-Aug-20

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
Kevin, my condolences for your loss. Sammy is 13 and I pray that he's with me for a long time to come.

08-Aug-20

Dyjack's embedded Photo
Dyjack's embedded Photo
I'm so sorry, brother. I always think of a south park quote whenever I lose a pup. "The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness."

My best bud, Tara the husky pup turns 8 this year.

08-Aug-20

Chief 419's embedded Photo
Chief 419's embedded Photo
At risk of being shamed forever on Bowsite, here’s a picture of my wife’s dog.

08-Aug-20

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I tied to post a comment earlier but it said there was an error and contact the administrator.

Anyway this is a pup my wife and I kept for a week before surprising four of our grandchildren with her. They just moved to up state New York and helped them on their long ride to their new home. Her name is Winnie! She is a Weimaraner.

08-Aug-20

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Everytime I have to say good bye to one of my dogs I don’t want anymore dogs. It just seems too short. We’ve had Labs and one Chesapeake Lab cross. That dog would dive under water with only his tail sticking out. Found deer and turkeys that would have been lost without him. My youngest lab has never been trained. Took him on a duck hunt in the San Francisco Bay Area for divers. Dropped this drake bufflehead out among the decoys. I told him to fetch and he headed out after a decoy so I threw a stick out at the duck. It was upside down and it’s feet were moving. The switch turned on and he was hooked. This is him on his first ever duck retrieve.

08-Aug-20

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Never had an indoor dog before. My wife is a licensed therapist and had talked about a having a therapy dog. I got her a Goldendoodle. He’s 3/4 standard poodle and 1/4 Golden retriever. He doesn’t shed and is hypo allergenic. We’ve never had such an intelligent dog. He’d be a good hunting dog except he would get loaded with burrs or foxtails. He’s soft and like all puppies cute as can be. If you want to attract girls this is the dog.

08-Aug-20

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
My late beloved Maggie in the Embassy Suites at P&Y in Omaha. No dogs allowed in that hotel. She was an amazing companion and I still get tears when in the places we shared together. RIP, old gal.

08-Aug-20

LINK's embedded Photo
My old dog was almost 13.
LINK's embedded Photo
My old dog was almost 13.
LINK's embedded Photo
He’s about 9 months. He was pointing and retrieving birds at 4 months. He’s a good family dog too.
LINK's embedded Photo
He’s about 9 months. He was pointing and retrieving birds at 4 months. He’s a good family dog too.
I lost my old dog last January to cancer. In a lot of ways it was harder than losing my dad when I was 20. With people there’s the hope of eternity. Without eternity death has more of a sting. My new pup is well on his way but has some big shoes to fill.

08-Aug-20

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
My Rhodesian Ridgeback- what a goof ball. That’s his tail btw. LOL

08-Aug-20
So sorry for your loss. I agree with Bowbender.

08-Aug-20
Sorry for your loss. We had to put our Beagle down in March. She was 12 1/2 years old. Still struggle with her gone.

08-Aug-20
When God had made the earth and sky, The flowers and the trees, He then made all the animals, The fish, the birds and bees.

And when at last He'd finished, Not one was quite the same, God said, "I'll walk this earth of mine, And give each one a name."

And so He traveled far and wide, And everywhere He went, A little creature followed Him, Until its strength was spent.

When all were named upon the earth, And in the sky and sea, The little creature said, "Dear Lord, There's not one left for me."

Kindly the Father said to him, "I've left you to the end, I've turned my own name back to front, And call you DOG, my friend." ~Author Unknown

08-Aug-20

itshot's embedded Photo
itshot's embedded Photo
itshot's embedded Photo
itshot's embedded Photo
got these from my wife regularly for years, my sonny boy going for a ride to pick his pal up from school....looking back, those seemingly insignificant little trips, and the pics, brought smiles to all of us, i appreciate all the pics more now than when i would get them, kinda like 'you dont know what you have until its gone'

we lost him on jan 14 at 10 1/2 years old, rapid decline, unknown illness

just now starting to look for a new best friend, no way we can replace him but we need some of those smiles again, desperately

08-Aug-20

This is our 5th lab, three have been yellows and all named 'Buddy'. This is him right now as I type this.

08-Aug-20

We had two labs together prior to this one. When the second died I was honestly lost.

Robin did not want another because of the pain of losing them. After 6 months without a dog, I said I was getting another. Robin said she would not have anything to do with him. All of our friends and family laughed at that because she is such a softie.

This is what he does every time we drive two hours to the farm, lol!

We still talk fondly of our other dogs and rainbow bridge, but a new pup is just the ticket. Go for it!

08-Aug-20

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
We are finally at a point where we're ready to get another one - after big game season. My Maggie was a pound dog that had been beaten, starved, and abused to the point where one eye was gone. She was my "lifetime" dog. I memorialized her in an essay published in a fly fishing anthology, titled "The Old Yellow Fishing Dog - A Love Story". So we may look for another rescue this time, a creature with a heart full of love to give.

08-Aug-20
You guys are bustn me up here... after fatboy "Gus" I can't get the gumshn to commit to another "buddy"... i have two cats, tigi, and sisi who are just as precious to me. Hab, i sometimes dont agree with your opinions but I must admit I have reconsidered my feelings towards your rational on some subjects here, but that being said me thinks I have a kinship with you;0)

08-Aug-20
"Rainbow Bridge"... box of tissues

08-Aug-20

jcurri's embedded Photo
jcurri's embedded Photo
Good ole Henry.

08-Aug-20

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Sadly we lost Lexi on April 14th of this year. She was almost 15. It went so fast and we had so much fun together. I miss and think about her every single day and will for years to come.

Run free sweetie. Love Dad and Mom

08-Aug-20

PAOH 's embedded Photo
PAOH 's embedded Photo
Lost my buddy Zeke 11 months ago after 15 great years. Very tough to accept. My deepest condolences.

08-Aug-20

yooper89's embedded Photo
My regal pooch. 7 years old. Best duck hunting, pheasant finding mutt a guy could ask for
yooper89's embedded Photo
My regal pooch. 7 years old. Best duck hunting, pheasant finding mutt a guy could ask for

08-Aug-20
Yooper, that boy is focused!

08-Aug-20

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
I saw a meme one day that said... “Would you give up 5 years of your life to give your dog 10 more years?” 100% I would!

Here’s Tater tot... she’s 9lbs and thinks she’s 90. When that day comes, I’ll be crushed. That is a certainty.

Condolences to all of you guys on the loss of your beloved pets. I always say... it’s tougher than losing most humans. Amazing and loving animals they are.

08-Aug-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
My condolences to all that have lost a great friend. This was Poochie Mama. I live on a dead end gravel road, and she showed up at my place one day. I was single at the time and was often gone several days at a time, and I thought “the last thing I need is a dog” I left the next morning for a two day job, and made the mistake of telling my dad about the dog. I came home and the dog was still there, plus a bag of dog food! She was the best dog we ever had! She LOVED to ride with me while plowing snow, and would always sit right next to me and lean up against me the whole time.

She got very sick, but my new wife nursed her back to health and we had her for 5-6 more years. We think she was about 13 when we finally had to put her down. I cried like a baby that day! She was definitely a dog of a lifetime and I still think about her often.

08-Aug-20

BillyD's embedded Photo
BillyD's embedded Photo
Condolences Kevin. Cherish the times shared together at home and afield. Tuukka is our 6YO GSP.

08-Aug-20
Our 7 month old puppy “Sumo”

We had to put our Arnie down Last year.

They are a true blessing.

08-Aug-20

Ned mobile 's embedded Photo
My Buddy Frank dog saved my life and I haven’t been the same since his passing. I try to visit him often and I can’t wait to see him again in heaven. I desire to see all the buddies I have had again. It will be so joyful.

08-Aug-20

09-Aug-20
For some reason my pic won't load??

09-Aug-20
Sorry for your loss. My Pointing Griffon.

09-Aug-20
My picture didn’t take in the above post.

Here is our new tracker “Sumo” 7 months old.

We had to put Arnie down last year and we have a 15 yr old Bully female that we will making that decision on soon.

They are a true blessing. Can’t imagine life without a dog.

09-Aug-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Sorry for your loss. I've cried like a bably after losing every dog I've had. Hope to have many years ahead with my running Buddy.

09-Aug-20
Lady Bowhunter, Cinder (Charcoal Lab) and I send our condolences.

09-Aug-20
Man’s best friend? :) This is the price and joy of our family and Kia. Buck is definitely a dog of a lifetime. So sorry for your loss. I probably already need counseling for the day Buck leaves us.

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

Dressed as Robin for Halloween, my son was Batman
Dressed as Robin for Halloween, my son was Batman
Thanks for all of the support guys, it's just nice to see and hear from people who feel the same about dogs as I do. Here are a few more pics of my baby girl.

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
These two gone but not forgotten. Grey one 16.5 years, black and white one 14.5 years.

09-Aug-20

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
New one I got in December. Kavik at 14 weeks old.

09-Aug-20

bigswivle's embedded Photo
Shooter and his new girlfriend June
bigswivle's embedded Photo
Shooter and his new girlfriend June

09-Aug-20
PECO,, my red/white husky eyes where the same as you husky,, one blue eye and the other brown,,,

09-Aug-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
We couldn’t bring ourselves to get another dog for the longest time after putting Poochie Mama down, but after about a year, my wife was finally ready, so she looked and looked and decided on Hemi. She’s a gentle soul and never met anyone she didn’t love, even Brotsky! (I think Kia put a good word in for him, though) Hemi is a therapy dog and she is amazing to watch how she interacts with patients. Her only fault is that she is a shedding machine!

09-Aug-20

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Couldn’t get this picture to post earlier...and yes Kia did give away a lot of treats to get Hemi to like me :)

09-Aug-20

tradi-doerr's embedded Photo
tradi-doerr's embedded Photo
Sorry for your loss, they do take a piece of your heart when they go. Here is my hunting buddy of 14yrs, I to lost buddy Trigger on 08/27/2020, lot's of great upland hunts.

09-Aug-20
Was talking to my brother few days ago... lost Dad, Brock came into our lives... lost my Father in Law, "dad dad", River came into our lives... cycle of life my friends enjoy the ride and breath deep once in a while. scentman

09-Aug-20
+1 scentman. I lost my wife, my mother, 8 friends, and my Maggie in a relatively short time. But I also met my true soul mate and she loves dogs, so we're moving on with a new Maggie. And the cycle of life continues. We never know what tomorrow will bring, so live every day to the max and remember to cherish and hug those you love.

09-Aug-20
So sorry! Prayers sent!

09-Aug-20

goelk's embedded Photo
goelk's embedded Photo
koi and Laura send there lov

09-Aug-20

Ridgefire's embedded Photo
Ridgefire's embedded Photo
Here is my 10 year old pup. Amazing how attached you become to them. Gonna be a sad day when I lose him.

09-Aug-20

mrelite's embedded Photo
Trapper
mrelite's embedded Photo
Trapper

09-Aug-20

Whocares's embedded Photo
Posted story of my last hike with Trapper a few days ago on the thread"Countdown getting Real". Did a wilderness backpack 2 weeks ago. Buried him Monday. Best I ever had. A couple pics.

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
PECO’S post.

09-Aug-20

maxracx's embedded Photo
maxracx's embedded Photo
maxracx's embedded Photo
The new edition
maxracx's embedded Photo
The new edition

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

Willieboat's embedded Photo
This is Otter....she was hell on geese ! Still cry my eyes out every now and then thing about her.
This is Otter....she was hell on geese ! Still cry my eyes out every now and then thing about her.

09-Aug-20

Big geese or small.....that’s what tripped her trigger.
Big geese or small.....that’s what tripped her trigger.

09-Aug-20

deerslayer's embedded Photo
My favorite animal in the world..... I desperately love this dog.....

09-Aug-20

So do my kids.

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
Lost my.Gunner 12 years old 2 knee replacement surgery plus he was a seizure dog one helluva dog.We were told he had about a month to live due to a urinary tract tumor and he was not in any pain.We took him home and my wife said he was lethargic most of the day. I got home from the office that afternoon and like he did everyday when he heard my truck he came out of house barking and wagging that tail.He ran over to me put his head on my leg and fell over dead.Like you all don’t have to make a decision to put me down.Yeah that still hurts.His ashes are still here one day I’ll spread them or have them spread with mine.I think it was Will Rogers that said “If dogs don’t go to heaven then I’m not going “Lewis

09-Aug-20

Annony Mouse's embedded Photo
Ruby...Fox Red Lab

09-Aug-20

Fulldraw's embedded Photo
Fulldraw's embedded Photo
Worst part of owning a dog..sorry for your loss. Already dreading the day.

09-Aug-20

I love seeing y’all’s dogs. Can’t resist another picture of Sarge, right after an unwelcome bath :-)

09-Aug-20

longspeak74's embedded Photo
longspeak74's embedded Photo
Our Gracie.

09-Aug-20

Ruby, the rescue dog.

09-Aug-20

badbull's embedded Photo
Cooper
badbull's embedded Photo
Cooper
Kevin, l think that I can relate to your pain. I still can't quite get over the loss of my Airedales ( Jeff, Barney, and Molly) although it has been many years since the last passed. I am still in the " I don't want to go through that again" camp although my son's " Cooper " does help a bunch. I see that you are not alone in your feeling of loss as so many of these fellow rough and tough bowsiters relate their heartfelt feelings regarding their always loyal cannine buddies that will never be forgotten........ Badbull

09-Aug-20

Teeton's embedded Photo
Smartest dog I ever had.
Teeton's embedded Photo
Smartest dog I ever had.

09-Aug-20

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
You have my sincerest sympathies. I've been in your shoes many times over the years and will be again in the near future. My old gal is 12. It's the price we must pay for having them be such a great part of our lives, but I'll do it again in a heartbeat.

I can't imagine life without a dog being part of it!

09-Aug-20

Twinetickler's embedded Photo
Twinetickler's embedded Photo
Trigger on a shed hunt this Spring. He shizzed and puked in my truck on the way over.....Rhodisian Ridgeback/Lab

09-Aug-20

JB's embedded Photo
Before
JB's embedded Photo
Before
My sympathies to those who have lost one. I dread that day. We also have an Annie. She can drive me nuts at times, but I will miss her dearly. She sneaks off and plays in the swamp from time to time. Nothing like black silt and the smell of skunk :-).

09-Aug-20

JB's embedded Photo
After
JB's embedded Photo
After

09-Aug-20

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
"Julie"...she loves people, and bird-hunting!

10-Aug-20

10-Aug-20

eBike John's embedded Photo
eBike John's embedded Photo
Hey man, very sorry to hear that. When my English Setter goes I won't know what to do with myself. He's been getting older by the day the last year or so and I can't imagine what that will be like.

10-Aug-20

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
Current best buddie! Not a hunter, but a great pooch! Sorry for your loss! Always the worst day ever!

10-Aug-20

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo

10-Aug-20
My wife and I have had several dachshunds over the years. Every time one of them passes they take a piece of your heart with them. Not ashamed to admit many shed tears.

10-Aug-20

JRABQ's embedded Photo
Ziba in her prime
JRABQ's embedded Photo
Ziba in her prime
So sorry for your loss, it can be real tough. I lost my best friend last Thanksgiving, think about her almost every day.

10-Aug-20

Southern draw's embedded Photo
Southern draw's embedded Photo
Sorry for your loss they get old way to fast . Our Boykin Spaniel is 7 years and has stolen our hearts but at the same time filled the void with the empty nest.

10-Aug-20
shell always be with you in spirit . RIP Annie

10-Aug-20

chukarchump's embedded Photo
chukarchump's embedded Photo

10-Aug-20

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Very sorry to hear your loss!

This is our Nala... she will be a year in September...they sure do become family fast!

10-Aug-20

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Buck is little for a lab but he hunts big!

10-Aug-20

If you don't shed tears over a lost dog that has been your best buddy for many years and has sooo loyal then something is seriously wrong. Good luck Lewis

10-Aug-20

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo
Sorry for your loss, this is Lloyd he left us a year and a half ago, he was awesome

10-Aug-20

Knife Cobbler's embedded Photo
Dear Abby, never going to be replaced...

11-Aug-20
EmbryOklahoma - Tator Tot is a celebrity….8^)

Johnny Koester - What kind of white dog is that? I have a half Maltese, 3/8 Yorkie, 1/8 poodle lapdog that looks exactly like that.... Although she's getting old now, she'd kill a small critter it she could catch on when she was younger, but was not much of a hunter...

11-Aug-20
Losing a great dog cripples you. You never forget them. Because they are unforgettable. Dogs were right near the top of the great things God has given men.

I’m sorry for your loss.

11-Aug-20

DRR324's embedded Photo
DRR324's embedded Photo
I’m sorry to hear your news. The pain is temporary, the memories are forever. Our squatters bring so much joy to our home for such a short period, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Lexi, 3yo yellow. Sage, 7yo choc male. Like every dog owner, “they are the best dogs ever”....

11-Aug-20

11-Aug-20

Jake and Trapper

11-Aug-20

Jake and Trapper

11-Aug-20

11-Aug-20
I think the most difficult part is accepting the decision that "tomorrow is the day, the very last day".

11-Aug-20

linehunter's embedded Photo
linehunter's embedded Photo
“ When God had made the earth and sky, The flowers and the trees, He then made all the animals, The fish, the birds and bees. And when at last He'd finished, Not one was quite the same, God said, "I'll walk this earth of mine, And give each one a name."

And so He traveled far and wide, And everywhere He went, A little creature followed Him, Until its strength was spent.

When all were named upon the earth, And in the sky and sea, The little creature said, "Dear Lord, There's not one left for me."

Kindly the Father said to him, "I've left you to the end, I've turned my own name back to front, And call you DOG, my friend." ~Author Unknown”

This one killed me haha, is someone cutting onions somewhere.

These are my fur babies! I lost the one on the right to a rattlesnake. I had her in the vets arms in 5 minutes but was unable to convince him she had been bitten. He never gave her anti venom. She got anti venom 2 hrs later at another vets office but it was too late. I miss that damn dog everyday.

11-Aug-20

Out-there's embedded Photo
Out-there's embedded Photo
It's posts like these that make me realize how much we all have in common. THANKS FOR SHARING GUYS!

Best Blood Trailing dog I ever had. Great Friend for 17 years!

11-Aug-20

elvspec's embedded Photo
elvspec's embedded Photo
I hate these little bastards, yet i also love them obviously cause i took a photo of em.:)

11-Aug-20

darktimber's embedded Photo
darktimber's embedded Photo
Lost my 17 year old Brittany in 2016. Cried more than I have at any funeral. This is my new best friend, Jedda. She is a 3 year old GWP. She’s a sweetheart, but hell on feather and fur. Land shark!

11-Aug-20
I agree with Jaq but the moment that I remember is when that needle goes in and hope they know that I am not betraying them. l just try to remember the good times which were many......... Badbull

11-Aug-20

Here are a few more pictures of Annie in her younger years. Thanks for all of the responses, I love seeing all of your pups! I'm hoping it gets easier as time goes on, right now, it hurts like he'll. I miss you Annie!

11-Aug-20

11-Aug-20

11-Aug-20
Badbull, I had the Home To Heaven vet come to our house and we sent her off in her bed while we sat beside her, petting her. I think she knew and was ready to go, by the way she looked at me in her last moments. They are like people, only better than most.

11-Aug-20

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Lots of fun and memories with Copper. He’s one of the best I’ve had.

11-Aug-20
My condolences, it is always tough to see them go. Having had a few that we lost, I have taken solace in knowing that each passing opens a spot in the family for the next one and the cycle of joy continues.

11-Aug-20

Grasshopper's embedded Photo
Grasshopper's embedded Photo
Sorry to hear it. Sending healing prayers for the grief.

We got Lucky 6 years ago because my oldest daughter was afraid of dogs. She got over the fear, but my youngest latched on to the dog and he is hers. Lucky just spent 7 weeks recovering from tplo knee surgery. Just starting walks now. It has been one long summer!

Men can compartmentalize the pain and deal with it. When this dog reaches the end she will likely be 18 or so and I can only imagine her grief to come. Until then, we'll enjoy the blessing he is.

12-Aug-20

Ace's embedded Photo
Ace's embedded Photo
I’m sorry you lost your best friend.

This is My Isabella. She was the dog I got after I said “I can’t go through that again” when I lost my GWP Bella. She is a Spinoni Italiano, a great pointer, she hunts at a much more relaxed pace than the GWP, she’s a wonderful buddy, a big friendly goofball and she is with me pretty much all day every day. Best dog I ever had.

You’ll know when he time is right. A puppy will find you.

12-Aug-20

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Sorry! This is my Molly, we put her down a month ago. She was a wonderful friend and I miss her everyday!! Great nose and always wanted to please!! Shawn

12-Aug-20

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
This is Leroy, my 2.5 year old golden. Loves to hunt and loves the water. No better retriever around!! He is becoming a good dog!! Love him to death!! Shawn

12-Aug-20

76aggie's embedded Photo
Best Buddies
76aggie's embedded Photo
Best Buddies
Kevin, so sad to hear of your loss of Annie. You never get over it but it does get better. A year and a half ago, we had to put down our beloved Jake. He was a Jack Russell and a blood trailing fool. We have had little Jackson for one week tomorrow. He is another handful and I'm really excited about his potential. Right now, he loves to play fight with his big Brother Wilson. Wilson outweighs him by 90 pounds but is very gentle with him. So much fun to watch them play. The wife and I are easily entertained.

12-Aug-20
Lou I’ve been there but Gunner took that burden away when he fell dead at my feet.Don’t think it eased the pain but there was something about it that was surreal take care and stay safe Lewis

12-Aug-20

BOWNBIRDHNTR's embedded Photo
Trapping dog.
Trapping dog.
Her true personality!
Her true personality!
Varmint control.
Varmint control.
Bowfishing buddy.
Bowfishing buddy.
My Izzi dog. Lost her very unexpectedly last December. I was 1000 miles away but if I could have jumped in front of the truck to save her I wouldn't think twice about it. Still struggle with it every day. This is a great thread with lots of great dogs, memories and thoughts....but tearing me up big time today.

12-Aug-20

I keep trying to move forward along with Breeze, Izzi's best friend.

12-Aug-20

Deca's first wild pheasant at 4 months...3 weeks after losing Izzi.
Deca's first wild pheasant at 4 months...3 weeks after losing Izzi.
And with Deca, she only got to know Izzi for a few months. Her and Breeze have a lot of hunting ahead of them.

12-Aug-20

And now I have Yadi. Nobody will ever replace Izzi but he certainly fills a void.

12-Aug-20

MarkU's embedded Photo
MarkU's embedded Photo
Three on the left are Lucy, Rosy and Pearl. Pearl is 14, deaf, one lung and epileptic. This will be her 14th year in elk camp, and hopefully bird hunting. The pointer is a friends.

Have gone through five other yellow labs. Found that getting a new one ASAP works best, at least for me.

12-Aug-20

Sometimes a girls best friend too.

They know when life is good, eh? Lol. :-)

12-Aug-20

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Fisherman Ted
Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Fisherman Ted
My crazy dog like to fish instead of fetch

13-Aug-20
a question for you more experienced types: what are the differences, if any, between a male and female of same breed?

ive only had males but would like to not be limited in the search for a new pup, seems males are slightly more sought after, therefore harder to find

13-Aug-20
I wasgoing to ask the same question, I have always had females. I think for me, it goes back to childhood, my parents always got females. I've had great luck, not sure if there are any benefits of one over the other.

13-Aug-20
After 50 years with labs and a few pointers females tend to be more calm of course smaller but I think it all depends on the owner and the dog.The key to training is repetition,repetition,and more repetition.good luck have a great ride.Lewis

14-Aug-20
When considering a dog strictly for hunting, companionship and pet purposes (i.e. NOT mating), I think genetics and handling make WAY more difference than sex of the dog. Find a reputable breeder and bloodline, pick a pup with the characteristics you like and train it to be what you want.

15-Aug-20

Heat's embedded Photo
Heat's embedded Photo
Willie and I would like to share our sincere condolences. Never easy to say goodbye!

15-Aug-20

fishnride's embedded Photo
Clark W Griswold as a pup
Clark W Griswold as a pup
“Wally”
“Wally”
Clark W Griswold He was a puppy back then. Stayed by my side for some of the lowest points of my life. Been with me for almost 11 years now. Went from just the 2 of us to the best family dog a guy could ask for. I try not to take these good times together for granted.

• Sitka Gear