bowwild 10-Aug-20
jingalls 10-Aug-20
Jaquomo 10-Aug-20
txhunter58 10-Aug-20
Rut Nut 11-Aug-20
Alaska at heart 11-Aug-20
Jaquomo 11-Aug-20
10-Aug-20
I've been a member here for many years. Sorry, if it is inappropriate for me to ask this question. While I still feel like I'm in my 30's, I'm 66. I'm getting rid of my mountain bike in favor of a electric mountain bike. This is to get closer to my stands and blinds (and some exercise with pedal assist) on my own property. The BakCou Mule Hunter is what I like with mid-drive and 750 -1000W motor. I have rolling terrain with one 150 yard steep open hill. However, this model is very expensive at $4,300. I'm hoping some here have figured out a better deal? Thanks

10-Aug-20
If you buy from ebikejohn, he used to give bowsite members a discount. Not sure that’s still going on? But if you haven’t called John I highly recommend it! Go to ebikegeneration.com

10-Aug-20
Lots to choose from, and depending upon your level of use, John can fix you up with something much more affordable. Take a look at Rambo. Mine will climb a tree and is indestructible.

10-Aug-20
Read this thread:

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=490065&messages=81&forum=2

If you buy from John at ebikegenerations you generally get some free stuff thrown in and a 10% discount if you put “bowsite” as the coupon code

11-Aug-20
Just make sure you read the manual! You don’t wanna pull a Simon Cowel! ;-)

11-Aug-20
My hunting buddy has some significant health issues and purchased a Rambo last spring with a haul cart. I've read some pretty nasty comments from fellow hunters/outdoorsmen against ebikes, but there is a valid market for them beyond what the elite believe is an infringement upon "their" wilderness experience. They are pretty regulated on public land, but my friend has a special certificate from the DNR that allows him more access. If I hunted private land that was large enough to warrant an ebike for quiet, sweat-free travel, I would likely consider one. A lot of guys who have invested report very good results, especially getting deer out of the woods with a cart vs. dragging or doing a gutless field butcher job and carrying out the meat in a pack.

11-Aug-20
Cowell wasn't riding an ebike. He was on an electric motorcycle that goes more than 60 mph. Seems like the torque overwhelmed him.

• Sitka Gear