Jaquomo 21-Aug-20
4araquiver 21-Aug-20
Jaquomo 21-Aug-20
altitude sick 21-Aug-20
JohnMC 21-Aug-20
BTM 22-Aug-20
writer 22-Aug-20
21-Aug-20
Folks, Do any of you know a hunter that also likes to write about hunting?

On my store eBike Generation I send out the occasional email with a promotion and stuff but nobody likes those emails. I was thinking of including a newsletter style letter, not selling ebikes for hunting but rather someone telling their tales and adventures, lessons learned etc. Something that people will actually like reading. If anyone knows someone they don't mind suggesting I'd be happy to contact that person. I envision it being a monthly article but still figuring out the whole thing.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have. Also, if you think it's a bad idea, I'd like to hear that too. :-)

Thanks John

21-Aug-20
Word limit per article?

21-Aug-20
I guess the word limit would depend on the particular story. I think anything less than a 750 words would not have a lot of content. If it's 1000 to 2500 words I would think that would be a good read. I imagine each story or summary of a hunt would change from one article to the next.

21-Aug-20
Lou's your guy on here. Jaquomo helped me get my first article published in Bowhunting world and he's been in a lot of magazine's. Not sure he'd want something that consistent but it won't hurt you to reach out to him.

21-Aug-20
Been doing in 39 years full-time, 6,000 bylines - WSJ, Outdoor Live, SI, to name a few. 17 years as a staff writer/photographer for a major daily. All stories outdoors related.

Bowhunter siince 1973. Annually put in over 100 days afield.

In semi-retirement now, and doing quite a bit of freelance.

My e-mail is [email protected].

Be happy to talk to you. If we can't come to terms, I'd be glad to answer any questions as per lengths, content, what today's online readers want...

I'll also be honest. If I'm not your person, I'll say so up front.

21-Aug-20
writer would be a good choice. Good luck. C

21-Aug-20
I'd be willing if writer doesn't work out. And I'm an ebike enthusiast! :-) I've published a ton of articles in most of the national and international bowhunting magazines, plus as the fishing writer for another. I'm also in semi-retirement but working on a feature assignment for one of the big bowhunting magazines at the moment. My email is elklou1244@gmail.

21-Aug-20
What Charlie said

21-Aug-20
John, pm sent.

21-Aug-20
Seems like an advantage to have an E bike user and experienced writer on board.

21-Aug-20
If you will red some of my their writings on this here site you will find I am a quite magnificent speller and never make any type Ohs. Also I saw someone riding there e bike down yonder the street the other day.

22-Aug-20
LOL JohnMC! (You had to work at being that bad; some do it naturally.)

22-Aug-20
Have fun, Jaq. You sound perfect and I'm pretty booked up anyway. May not be in my pay scale, either.

John MC....I've seen worse on social media, and they weren't trying to be funny. :-)

• Sitka Gear