Bowfreak 24-Aug-20
Grey Ghost 24-Aug-20
4nolz@work 24-Aug-20
4nolz@work 24-Aug-20
Highlife 24-Aug-20
JL 24-Aug-20
MQQSE 24-Aug-20
24-Aug-20
this was a topic of discussion awhile back Ive heard they no longer offer "governors tags" they are referred to as something else now.

this is the last time I was able to get a list-I get no responses from DNR now.

Interesting in 2009 Bill Jordan got 4 tags...Blake Shelton got 4...Miranda Lambert got 3 tags.....

this stuff galls the heck out of me.

24-Aug-20

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo

24-Aug-20
why do the Drurys get tags? I thought at least 1 was a resident I know they have a MO farm near the border.

24-Aug-20
Money talks and B---S--- walks.

24-Aug-20
why do the Drurys get tags?

I may be miss-remembering here but I think if you could prove that you were promoting Iowa wildlife/hunting through tv/media than u were awarded tags. Don’t k ow if that’s exactly true though

24-Aug-20
yes Bigswivle its about "promoting Iowa" please note these are 2007-2009 they are called "celebrity tags" now I think (I may be wrong).I grew up in Iowa and own property there and get to bowhunt once every 4 years....

24-Aug-20
who is Ernest Rutledge and why cant I get 6 tags!!! grrrr

24-Aug-20
Mark Drury is an Iowa resident, so he gets a couple resident tags. As for people that gun hunt on his place in IA, they would be guaranteed a tag every other year. I’m also certain some of the celebrities buy their share as well.

24-Aug-20
I think they pay they just don't get in line.Every other year for gun maybe not bow.

24-Aug-20
That's alot of name-brand celebs on that list. Unless I missed it....I didn't see Lee and Tiffy on it.

24-Aug-20
Lee and Tiffany are Iowa residents and landowners, already get several tags each. Like Iowa deer hunting needs promoting. It takes 4 or 5 points to draw a tag now!!!

24-Aug-20
It's supposed to be like advertising to get out of state hunters that watch their shows to apply there.But there are several on list that i didn't know still had shows or even wrote articles.

24-Aug-20
Habitat it's an old list they may not have shows now-not that Bo Jackson ever had a show maybe he was a guest on a TV show who knows.

24-Aug-20
Bo knows!

;-)

24-Aug-20
Loads of other "famous" names on that list too!

Privilege!

24-Aug-20
The american way!

If don’t like it change it through the system or burn a corn crib down.

Deer Lives Matter!

Easy now ......humor..... (.,.)

24-Aug-20
Miranda Lambert, Tracy Lawrence, Aaron Tippin, Gary LeVox..............................

24-Aug-20
If ever there was such a thing as white privilege, this would be it. White ($GREEN$) privilege that is. MONEY, money changes everything !

24-Aug-20
are those really from 2007-2009?

24-Aug-20
I THINK that was while Terry Branstad was governor. He used to host a governors deer hunt every year. Lots of celebrity's and big name people got tags every year. I dont know if governor Reynolds still gives out tags or not.

Since the DNR won't tell you, I'm betting they do and its as shady as ever. I like Reynolds btw, not bashing her. She's stood her ground through all this covid nonsense.

Donate enough cash to the right politician, I bet you could get yourself a tag. Or just show up at a fundraiser and smile for the cameras. Like someone above said, Money talks.

Its just kind of a shame it has to be that way.

24-Aug-20
I don't care one way or the other but is this still happening? If not, its probably time to forget about something that was happening over 10 years ago.

24-Aug-20
If they are still doing this in Iowa, I'd recommend they disclose it under the guise of "conservation", like Arizona's Governor's tag program. Then most people here will support it, apparently.

Matt

24-Aug-20
They are called "celebrity" tags now

24-Aug-20
Yes it's an old list as I stated in the op.There was a thread on this awhile back (as I stated) and I posted I had a list.I couldn't find it then but found it today looking for something else.I couldn't find the old thread so started a new one.

24-Aug-20
I just can't understand why my name didn't make the list ! ;)

24-Aug-20
Greg...as noted in someone else's post....the Drury's are res's and got these tags. Were Lee and Tiffy doing a show back then? In all honesty....if the Gov wanted to give me a guaranteed tag for saying "Come Hunt Iowa!".......I wouldn't complain. I don't think many folks would turn it down.

24-Aug-20
Not sure if they have these Governor’s tags but they sure auction a lot of tags. I think they are selling for $15,000 give or take.

• Sitka Gear