RK 02-Sep-20
BowJangles 03-Sep-20
ahunter76 03-Sep-20
deserthunter 03-Sep-20
Milhouse 03-Sep-20
kevin3006 12-Sep-20
James jackson 14-Sep-20
01-Sep-20
I received an interesting phone call today. A family that I purchased a tractor from earlier this year, know that I enjoy hunting. The father (and his son) do not hunt.....but the mother and daughter do. A bison hunt is on her bucket list, and having suffered a broken neck at some time in her past, she wants to try it while her overall health still allows. She contacted me hoping that I might have recommendations/suggestions. I did a search on Bowsite of "recent" bison hunts......and so far, Northern Plains Outfitters is on the list.

I am not certain of their weapon of choice....and I don't know if the daughter (13 years old) will be a hunter or just an observer. I got the impression that they might both hunt, if two hunts were not cost prohibitive. I believe that they have about a $6,000.00 budget to work with.

My bison hunts were all in Canada, and would not be within their budget. They are meat hunters, not trophy hunters ....(and while she would tag a cow, her first choice would be a bull). My guess is that a US based hunt would work better for them, especially when considering Covid-related traveling issues. They were hoping to go late this year, or next year. I told them that I would reach out for ideas on a hunting website, hence this thread.

If anyone hears of any hunts that they might be interested in, please let me know....either on this forum or by PM Thanks....Jake

01-Sep-20
Cool. Let me check some of the ranch hunts around Colorado. I can think of one that used to be pretty decent in South Park.

01-Sep-20

CFMuley's embedded Photo
CFMuley's embedded Photo
I killed a cow in West Texas last year for $2,000. While it wasn’t the same as my dad’s Henry mountains bison hunt I went on, it was actually a decent challenge with a bow. I’ll text the outfitter and see what he has for this year.

02-Sep-20
Willie in South Dakota comes well recommended

02-Sep-20
First choice and Bowsite sponsor, unfortunately He is probably booked so far ahead after that last ad campaign.

He does get his clients into some giants.0

02-Sep-20
I think for a trophy i'd have willie guiding me in Alaska. No doubt he kills some big ones. I found a couple in texas the are around the 6k range but not free range.

02-Sep-20
Checked and couldn’t find the ranch I went on years ago. Might have sold off. Should be some good options in Wyoming or the Dakota’s.

02-Sep-20
"I killed a cow in West Texas last year for $2,000. While it wasn’t the same as my dad’s Henry mountains bison hunt I went on, it was actually a decent challenge with a bow. I’ll text the outfitter and see what he has for this year."

An more info on this would be great.

I want to eat one more than look at one on the wall. So cows would be just fine.

02-Sep-20
Blows me away how much prices have jumped! I shot a 3-year old bull for $800 in 2006.

02-Sep-20
Blows me away how much prices have jumped! I shot a 3-year old bull for $800 in 2006.

02-Sep-20
Look at Netflix stock in 2006....and then look at its price today. 2006 bison price increases are nothin'.....

02-Sep-20

BowmanMD's embedded Photo
BowmanMD's embedded Photo
I took my daughter to Brown’s Hunting Lodge in South Dakota for her 16th birthday and she shot a nice bull. Not sure if they’re still doing bison hunts. Comstock Lodge in Nebraska is supposed to be another good outfit ($4,400 meat hunt includes lodging and meals).

02-Sep-20
If you don't find anything give me a shout.

02-Sep-20

Hancock West's Link
$5,500 - Lucky 7 Exotics - Eden Texas

02-Sep-20
Bou'bound, If I remember right you killed a high fence ranch bison. Why didn't recommend that producer? Too bad Jay Fuller doesn't do bison hunts.

02-Sep-20
Ck out Routier Outfitters in SD.

02-Sep-20
Who's Jay fuller?

02-Sep-20
The private herd operation my son and I took bulls on back in 08 and 09 no longer does the hunts. Those were two wonderful trips. Those beasts are amazing.

02-Sep-20
Snuffer Jay Fuller is an outfitter Bou'bound hunted cats with and was giving a play by play of his hunt until he wasn't. One of Bowsite's great mysteries...

02-Sep-20
I believe Jake was asking about a bison hunt for a nice lady and her daughter. JohnMC and Yttails, why do you feel you have the right to be a jackwad? I guarantee if this was a face to face discussion that Jake started, NEITHER of you would have the balls to make stupid comments to derail the discussion.....BUT! I would love to be there if you DID actually have the balls to interject your tired BS into his discussion.....LOL

02-Sep-20
ki-ke, Jake has all my respect. Bou was being a "jackwad" with his "Willie" recommendation. My apologies Jake, if my reply derailed the thread.

02-Sep-20
Let me get this straight. You are defending the Jackwad that said, “Willie in South Dakota comes well recommended.”

You think that was constructive or helpful exactly how?

I’ve been on the Bowsite a LONG time and cannot remember the last time Grant made a positive or helpful comment.

But he sure is funny ??

02-Sep-20
I was not being a jackwad. I made it a point not to bring out the accusations against bou'bound on his cat hunt. I simply answered snuffers question as honestly as possible without accusations. We all know, no one thinks Willie was a good recommendation. Point was not to derail this thread. Thought I had nicely handled answering a question for a fellow bowsiter without throwing Bou under the bus.

02-Sep-20
Willie was ok. With regard to his bison hunts in South Dakota I think he was to expensive for The hunt laid out by Medicinemann

Willie is different for sure and he made lots of rookie mistakes in promoting his business on bowsite

Unlike all of us he did not start off knowing everything

Medicinemann I hope they find a good hunt

02-Sep-20
Willie was ok. With regard to his bison hunts in South Dakota I think he was to expensive for The hunt laid out by Medicinemann

Willie is different for sure and he made lots of rookie mistakes in promoting his business on bowsite

Unlike all of us he did not start off knowing everything

Medicinemann I hope they find a good hunt

02-Sep-20
Ki-ki called it. Jackwad x2

02-Sep-20

PAstringking's embedded Photo
PAstringking's embedded Photo
I shot this Wisent (European Bison) in Pennsylvania last week. They have some great American Bison there, full butcher facility, and an 11,000 square foot lodge. Would be in their price range

02-Sep-20
Ki-ki had a legit reason. Most others did not. And yes I know all of that for a fact. I also know some of his clients. Is what it is and matters not now

02-Sep-20

03-Sep-20
Me and 2 close friends had an amazing time at Northern Plains Outfitters in SD. I took a trophy bull home for $6500, my buddy took a great younger bull for $4000 and his girlfriend took a nice cow for $2500. All aspects of the hunt were top notch and Shannon was great to deal with start to finish. I highly recommend that hunt for the mother/daughter.

03-Sep-20

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
Check rate the day lease (post your question) on Texasbowhunter.com message board. These guys will point you in the right direction for a ranch hunt. I did one years ago on 1200 acres & it was great (not a walk up & shoot). Took me 4 days to get a shot & took a Cow. Took Daughter a few years later & she took a Cow at the end of the 1st day (Different place). Excellent meat. These hunts now, I've been looking run $2000 (Cow) & up depending on Bull. I used a 60# Compound & 500 gr arrow 3 blade & daughter, same set up with 48#s.

03-Sep-20
Vermjo Ranch in New Mexico has some pretty good buffalo deals.

03-Sep-20
https://www.thebisonranch.com/

Here's a link to bison hunts close to me in ND.... start @ $3400/18-28 month old bulls.

12-Sep-20
ttt

14-Sep-20
A place on the u.s mexico border offers hunt.They are a p@y recognized. .herd.Think cow prices were 2500.Includes meals and room at ranch house.Forget the name but google it.

• Sitka Gear