12yards 30-Sep-20
Kannuck 01-Oct-20
SaddleReaper 02-Oct-20
Yellowjacket 02-Oct-20
Matte 02-Oct-20
Bowfinatic 02-Oct-20
Norseman 04-Oct-20
27-Sep-20
Hopefully there are some hunters out there that have similar opinions on what is needed in undies for hunting and every day use. I have worn that same style of Starter underwear for many years but they are finally starting to wear out and I can't find them or anything similar. They are boxer briefs, mostly polyester so they stay dry and breath, stretchy enough to stay snug all day but not so stretchy that the boys are left dangling, and have a fly so I don't have to take off everything I have on to take a leak. When I bought them I they were pretty reasonably priced and have lasted me forever. I believe I bought 10-12 pair and have worn them every day for probably 8 years and they are finally getting to the end of their life. Apparently they aren't made any more however. I found the same thing but they don't have a fly.

I have been searching for about a month now and can't find something similar. I bought some hanes that looked similar but don't stretch at all so Jimmy and the twins felt smashed. I don't want cotton because they are soggy. I have tried lots of merino wool shorts and have never been impressed. They always seem saggy within a few hours and are fairly expensive. I guess at this point I am less concerned with the expense if they are comfortable and last.

Anyone have any good suggestions? I know I have seen this topic before but it seems like most recommendations were for wool.

27-Sep-20
Equipo, Pair of thieves both make stretchy boxer briefs.... they have solid colors and patterns.... I don't care what they look like, as long as they are comfortable. They are not exactly cheap.... sometimes they go on sale.

27-Sep-20
BIG difference wether you’re looking for hunting undies for the morning deer stand or a ten day back pack trip.

Are Jimmy and the Dangles doing a gig in town or a long road tip?

27-Sep-20
They don't ALL have flys though.... make sure they do if that's what you want.

27-Sep-20
Ambush-Honestly I want the same thing for a gig in town or a backpack trip. I work as a forester/land manager so many of my days are like a long day on the mountain. If they are comfie for an extended hunt, they will be even better for a trip to town.

I'll look at Equipo and the pair of thieves ones.

27-Sep-20
^^. I have some polyester briefs that fit and feel great, but after three days of continuous wear, literally wreak SO bad I almost gag just opening my zipper. That kinda stench only occurs with rampant bacteria growth.

Whereas pure Morino wool feels better and the wool inhibits bacterial growth. And there is a huge difference between merino wool from Icebreaker and merino wool from Walmart or Costco. Wool from Merino sheep raised in India is not the same as wool from Merino sheep raised in Scotland.

In short; not all merino wool is created equal. Actually, same for cottons.

27-Sep-20
Under armor ones. My balls don’t Itch in them!

27-Sep-20
I’m Irish, my nuts are HUGE

27-Sep-20
I use core4/black ovis and like them a lot.

27-Sep-20
I wear smartwool socks 365 days a year and used to be a sales rep for Ullfratte so I know about merino. I have just never found any of the undies to fit very well.

The starters I have now I have always been really as good as far as scent goes. I've had other long underwear and shirts that were awful.

27-Sep-20
Don’t always wear them, but when I do, Under Armor.

I know, TMI

27-Sep-20
Whatever you choose, just make sure they're white so you know when they need to be changed!

27-Sep-20
Reebok has some poly/spandex athletic boxers I found this year. Seems so similar to some Sitka boxers in material and fit and function. Found them at Sam's Club, then online when I wanted more. They did a fine job on a 6 day archery trip.

27-Sep-20
What jstephens said.

27-Sep-20
The reeboks don't have a fly. Neither did the euipos. How do you guy take a leak without a fly?

27-Sep-20
Well the best I've found is from Costco - called "Champions". They stay put, wick the stink and are extremely durable (pretty cheap too). Just carry an extra pair or 2 and a small baggie of laundry detergent - quick dunk in a creek, swish around with some soap, put on a fresh pair, hang the wet ones to dry, wall'a good to go another few days.

27-Sep-20
Ex Officio

27-Sep-20
Commando...

27-Sep-20
Very expensive but well worth it, especially when you can find a sale, Duluth Buck Naked! Very comfortable and wick sweat away very well. I also have some Under Armour Heat Gear boxer briefs that have held up extremely well and also work great.

27-Sep-20
I have Equipos with a fly......

They aren't "hunting" related.... so maybe they discontinued the fly model. I'll say this though.... anytime tbey put a picture of a game animal on the package, expect to pay double.

27-Sep-20
I've never ever used a fly on undies. But man synthetics reak.

27-Sep-20
I wear the Duluth Buck Naked’s. Love them so far. I have some of the longer ones and some short ones. I like the shorts better

27-Sep-20
Black ovis might be what you’re looking for

27-Sep-20
Please.....no selfie's of your application of your favorite undie

27-Sep-20
Puma also makes a great synthetic boxer brief that wont break the bank and is very breathable. Bring a second pair on a hunt and pair #1 is very easy to wash in a creek with some hand wringing and they'll dry quickly so long as it's above freezing.

27-Sep-20
Duluth Trading Company Armachillos

27-Sep-20
Black Orvis are merino. I've tried Duluth styles and they are ok, but not as comfortable as what I had. I saw the Champion suggestion and looked them up. Looked pretty close so I ordered two pair. Hopefully they work.

I still don't know how you guys pee without a fly. The last thing I want to do is have to unbuckle my belt (which always has a leatherman and frequently a pistol), unbutton my pants and have to hold them up while I fish out Jimmy.

27-Sep-20
Hands down for me are Exofficio. On pack in hunts I put antiperspirant (Arm and Hammer) at the crease of my leg and the boys. Really really helps with keeping the odor down. Just try it once. Everyone that tried it has said,, big help. Just like under your arms.

28-Sep-20
Duluth Bullpen! Armachillos are ok to but not a fan of the original Buck Naked.. not enough support where it matters

28-Sep-20
Exofficio for me too. I wear cheap cotton of any brand for every day use and only break out the "fancy" exofficio for backpack trips.

28-Sep-20
none of these would have helped, when i was bluff charged by a grizz.

28-Sep-20
"I still don't know how you guys pee without a fly."

I only pee when I crap. Once every 3 days.

28-Sep-20
Another vote for Ex-Officio. You can wash them out and they'll dry very quickly.

28-Sep-20
Tundrajumper, they make undies for you. There called depends!!!!

28-Sep-20
Unzip fly with right hand, insert left hand thumb in fly & hook the underwear waistband, pull down, with right hand grab willy and pull out of fly. Simple, but then again your problem may be bigger than mine...

28-Sep-20
Duluth Trading. The BuckNaked or Armachillo versions. Almost like going commando...

28-Sep-20
Another vote for Ex Officio.

28-Sep-20
Ex Officio have been great on my hunts.

28-Sep-20
"Commando..."

That and short shorts is a really bad combination.

29-Sep-20
I have no preference, but I carry an extra pair when I hunt in griz country.

29-Sep-20
Commando!

29-Sep-20
Buck Naked from Duluth Trading Co. Great undies but they are crazy expensive in my opinion. $22.00 bucks is crazy. However, you can catch on sale. Just got several for $14.00 a pair. They wear very well. Never worn any out at all but after several years the elastic band may start to loosen up.

29-Sep-20
I like Under Armour. I believe the ones I’ve been wearing and like best are called cool mesh.

29-Sep-20
Bare naked underwear by Deluthe best skivvys I’ve ever had on in my life

29-Sep-20
Smartwool for hunting, especially multiple days afield

29-Sep-20
Just when I think I have seen it all. Instructions for taking a whiz posted on Bowsite!!!

By the way I like Reebok synthetic boxer briefs. They do have a fly and are around nine bucks for a three pack at Sam's.

29-Sep-20
I couldn't find any Reeboks with a fly. Smart wool are wool. I've tried Duluth and don't like them as well as the original Starters.

I did order some Champions. I'll see what they're like.

29-Sep-20
Haven’t worn britches since 1984

29-Sep-20
Duluth Buck naked, or nothing! I go back and forth! I do wear them while hunting for support and comfort every day! If you really need them then Duluth is the way to go!

29-Sep-20
BCG from sporting athletics store. Wear ever day and four or five days on hunts. Last several years and less than $15. A pair. You can get them in long and short lengths.

29-Sep-20
I can’t believe no one has mentioned the thong. Just the basics for support, no frills!

29-Sep-20
Treeton, your right about that. I'm 80 now, don't need them yet.

30-Sep-20
Wal Mart has decent stretchy polyester boxers.

30-Sep-20
Surprised none of you guys wear a jock... Strange topic for sure. Sounds kinda like a men's Cosmopolitan article... Why does anyone G A S what kinda drawers anyone wears? Unless you lean a little toward AC/DC... Hmmm. LOL!

30-Sep-20
If you want a decent cheap pair, I use the AND1 variety from Walmart. They seem to fit me well. Actually have an azz and are a decent athletic fit. I do have one pair of the Starter boxer briefs and honestly, they are my favorite pair of undies.

01-Oct-20
Saxx... not cheap, but the most comfortable I've ever tried.

The "Ballpark" keeps things where they should be.

02-Oct-20
X100 ...Ex-Offixcio boxer briefs. They are tits.

Seriously. I just bought some merino briefs from FirstLite, had really high hopes, and tried them out for 14 days of elk hunting.... verdict: I'll stick with my ex officios. They don't stink even after days of wear, and they provide more support. One thing I will say about Ex-Officios is that I prefer them more once broke in... slightly pilled... not as slick. Those don't ride up bad either way, even if you're cycling.

02-Oct-20
Smart wool boxer briefs for me.

02-Oct-20
Unscented baby wipes bo

02-Oct-20
I didn't care for Duluth

I really like the kuiu. They are pricey but best I found

04-Oct-20
Commando!

• Sitka Gear